The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent!

Now if we can just get WSE's Laser Rangefinder to reappear!

Excellent!

I lost my Skycaddie while walking the course one day. I thought it could only be a hole or two back, so I turned around and started back hoping to find it. I had not walked 50 yards when the group behind drove up and handed it to me.... whew!

Excellent!

Thanks for the positive thoughts. Just called the course; still nothing. I'm seriously thinking about driving there after work to look around for it myself. Maybe it fell in the tall fescue and no one's found it yet! :clown: (Need a wishful thinking smiley.)

My main golf partner during the '90s (my ex brother-in-law) and his wife are coming down to KC to see her sister (the other sister, not my ex-wife) and he's going to stay here the weekend of the 18th and we'll be playing on Saturday and Sunday. First time we've played since last October. Before that, we hadn't played since 1999 (the year of the divorce!).

This should go in the Golf forum but there is no Happy Happy Joy Joy thread in there!

My cookies that I made from scratch were a success. I have not been much of a baker in the past but this is the second batch in a row that have been a success, and JB is a tough critic.

My cookies that I made from scratch were a success. I have not been much of a baker in the past but this is the second batch in a row that have been a success, and JB is a tough critic.

Good for you - that's great! I love to bake. I often make bar cookies - it's faster. I have some wonderful bar cookie recipes if you ever want to make bar cookies.

I got out for a great practise session today and switched a few things around which should work for the better. It's about time I got out to the course.

I would love them! Normally my baking adventures end it disaster but I am 2 for 2 so bring it on ha ha.

What would you like - something with chocolate or fruit or nuts? I have a wonderful ginger shortbread recipe if you like ginger - it's light, not like gingerbread.

I am not a big fan of ginger so I would say chocolate for JB ad fruit and nuts for me (if it even sounds healthy he won't eat it)

I figured out that flipping my wrists a little bit actually helps my shots, so long as the timnig's right. I think I was so worried about casting and holding lag, I haven't been releasing at all; now I'm more relaxed, hitting the ball cleaner, and getting much better distance and results with the irons. Yay!

I was at TJ Maxx last night looking for a golf shirt to go with my new shorts I bought. I found a PGA store white shirt for $14.99. Regular retail is $40. Sweet. :banana: I can't wait for next Thursday when I bust out my new outfit for my company outing.

I was at TJ Maxx last night looking for a golf shirt to go with my new shorts I bought. I found a PGA store white shirt for $14.99. Regular retail is $40. Sweet. :banana: I can't wait for next Thursday when I bust out my new outfit for my company outing.

Nice find Bogey! My fiance has had great luck finding a ton of golf polos (PGA Tour, Pebble Beach Golf, & Palm Beach Golf) between TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

Nice find Bogey! My fiance has had great luck finding a ton of golf polos (PGA Tour, Pebble Beach Golf, & Palm Beach Golf) between TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

Yep seen those others too. They are a steal at $14.99.

I was just driving home behind a yellow Ferrari with a vanity plate that said "Happynus". How can you not smile at that. :smile:

I'm just happy to still be in one piece and not bleeding all over the apartment.

Today was semi-annual "Give the cats a bath" day. In the past, I've received various scratches, with the worst injury being when our 20 lb maine coon bit me and opened up a pair of 3"+ long gashes on my forearm.

This time went extremely well. No bites, and only a couple small holes on my left foot. :clapp:

My inner geek just had a smorgasbord! I found "Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles" on Hulu today after getting an email from the Robotech website and just finished watching it. It's been a LONG time since I've seen anything new from that franchise - probably my favorite as a kid! (I know, the movie has been out since '07 but never found it anywhere till now)

For those that either don't remember - or aren't old enough to - Robotech was an Anime series that first aired in the US back in 1985. There were 3 separate sets of episodes - The Macross Saga (36 episodes), The Robotech Masters (24 episodes) and The New Generation (25 episodes). I'm a big enough fan that I own all of the 3-DVD box set editions to make up each series - but not hardcore enough to have the original Japanese versions with the subtitles.

I think it's great when you come home and have almost three full pages of threads to go through (70 threads to be exact). And then after you think you are done, you find out you have another page plus a few threads to go through still, because it took so long to go through the first batch! And this is only part of a day's worth. Imagine if you were away for a couple of days!

I think it's great when you come home and have almost three full pages of threads to go through (70 threads to be exact). And then after you think you are done, you find out you have another page plus a few threads to go through still, because it took so long to go through the first batch! And this is only part of a day's worth. Imagine if you were away for a couple of days!

Oh no Smallie - Have you never been separated from THP for more than a day? I have your email - I'll help you through your separation anxiety if you need to be away.

Not for a while. And back then it wasn't as bad as now. There's a lot more posts as the membership grows.

I just realized something - you think you need to read every post. Is that to be in the loop or because you can't stand leaving a post unread?

I don't read every post. I don't smoke cigars so most of the time those get passed over. A lot of the others I open up, but there are some that I don't. What takes the most time is the ones that have 30 new posts within one thread! When I get through what I want to read, and then through the ones that have been posted in after I read them the first time, then I mark them all read.

It's a sick, sick, sick process Diane!

I probably need help!

My dad is picking up my 16GB white iPhone 3GS as I speak. Of course, I'm paying for it...but hey... HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY nonetheless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back