C-Tech

Reaction score
Handicap
Through a fluke, I ended up with a $500 credit at Golf Galaxy, so I decided to buy my first 3 wheel push cart. I have always carried except for occasionally using a 2 wheel pull cart. I still like to carry, but I am really starting to feel it in my back, so I thought I would try one out.

I will play my first round using it Sunday. Anyone got experience with one of the things? Oh, yeah, mine is a Sun Mountain V1.

C-Tech - I still use a pull cart. I really should upgrade to a push cart. Let us know how you like it.

That's a really nice buggy.

My New Year's Resolution was to walk more than I ride this year on the course. I chose the ClicGear 2.0 for my pushcart. It's been awesome. Walking is so much fun with that. I did find a small soft sided cooler to hold a few extra bottles of water that fits on it pretty well.

What sorta cooler & where does it mount? Any pics of it?

I like the Sun Mountain Speed Carts, but my standbag didn't fit well, and I didn't want to buy a cart and a bag. The owner of the golf store is my friend as well, and suggested the Bag Boy EZ Fold, which is also a 3-wheeled push cart. My stand bag fits in perfectly! It kinda looks like the newer model baby strollers though... :embarrassed:

417GGP3PD3L._AA280_.jpg

B0000A6033.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

What sorta cooler & where does it mount? Any pics of it?

I've got this one.

I clip it around the handle, where my big breakdown lever is. It's out of the way, and doesn't upset the balance of the cart.

8x65fk.jpg

It holds (3) ½ liter bottles of water, plus ice. It does drip as the ice melts. The water will stay cool for an entire round.

Gummi - Why not use a cold pak instead of the ice. That would solve the dripping problem.

Space is the biggest reason.

With 3 bottles in that small cooler, it's awfully darn full. I could get the skinny cold packs I suppose, but I often leave from work, and it's just easier to grab some ice out of the freezer.

There are few guys at my course that have purchased the 3 wheel baby strollers. Either new, or at yard sales. They then modified it work as a golf bag trolley. They save about 1/2 the price, (or more) it looks like a golf trolley, and it does the job just as well. One of the favorite remarks I have heard is "it was designed to carry a baby, and these sticks are my babies". Tough to argue with economical, common sense. :comp:

I like the Sun Mountain Speed Carts, but my standbag didn't fit well, and I didn't want to buy a cart and a bag. The owner of the golf store is my friend as well, and suggested the Bag Boy EZ Fold, which is also a 3-wheeled push cart. My stand bag fits in perfectly! It kinda looks like the newer model baby strollers though... :embarrassed:

417GGP3PD3L._AA280_.jpg

B0000A6033.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

There are few guys at my course that have purchased the 3 wheel baby strollers. Either new, or at yard sales. They then modified it work as a golf bag trolley. They save about 1/2 the price, (or more) it looks like a golf trolley, and it does the job just as well. One of the favorite remarks I have heard is "it was designed to carry a baby, and these sticks are my babies". Tough to argue with economical, common sense. :comp:

That's a good idea, buying a 3-wheeled stroller and converting it, but a lot of those strollers are $200 or more, so I wonder how much they're going for in yard/garage sales.

I bought my BB EZ Fold for $100 brand new, which included BagBoy's 1 year warranty.

I own a Clic Gear, ($159.00) and don't know what those guys are paying to convert a baby stroller. I know my wife bought a new 3 wheel baby stroller as a gift for $110.00, and she is very quality conscious. I saw a new stroller at a yards sale I went to, brand new in the box, for $40. :comp:

That's a good idea, buying a 3-wheeled stroller and converting it, but a lot of those strollers are $200 or more, so I wonder how much they're going for in yard/garage sales.

I bought my BB EZ Fold for $100 brand new, which included BagBoy's 1 year warranty.

To avoid stiffness in my upper back & shoulders I got this.
golfcartplace_2062_1760

Space is the biggest reason.

With 3 bottles in that small cooler, it's awfully darn full. I could get the skinny cold packs I suppose, but I often leave from work, and it's just easier to grab some ice out of the freezer.

I freeze a water bottle the night before my league and pop it in my kid's insulated lunch bag. Soda can next to it, and both stay cold.

I have a Sun Mountain Speed Cart, not sure but I think it's the 2nd generation, could be 1st gen too. All I know for sure is that I almost never ride a cart anymore after getting this thing, I have saved so much $ and gotten so much more exercise since this purchase that I would do it again in a heart beat. They are a chunk of change up front but really it saves me $9 to $16 every time I play.

i use a clicgear and love it. Get loads of comments about its looks which is cool too.

on steep hills i do find it easier to swing behind me and pull up the hill though, which is no better (or worse) than a two wheeler. On the flatter stuff and down hill its a real joy though.

all the excercise of walking and pulling a two wheeler, but without he dodgy back ache i used to get (i am tall so had to bend my spine a weird way to pull a 2 wheeler)

I have the clicgear as well and love it. I do wish it had a basket though.

Here is my Sun Mountain Electric Cart. I love this thing.

Did it work this time.

I have the clicgear for 3 weeks now.
A nice cart indeed.
Advantages: Easy to fold to a small size and pretty stable on the course.
Disadvantage: The Handbrake and the cupholder (A bottle looks too far out of the panel. The Iron Bottom Left may collide with the bottle when you pull it out)
Anyway, i would buy it again. In my opion the Clicgear is the best cart in his pricecategorie.

Last edited:
Back