What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure yet but I am STARVING! I missed my mid afternoon snack today : (

As opposed to your early-afternoon snack or your late-afternoon snack?

I got your mid-afternoon snack right here GG!

Spoiler
Fresh mangoes from Trader Joes. Yum.

Something simple tonight…

meatballs.jpg

That would just be wrong to do that to spaghetti Harry!

But I do hope that is a new wheelbarrow!

That would just be wrong to do that to spaghetti Harry!

But I do hope that is a new wheelbarrow!

I think the idea is for the wheelbarrow “aging” to give the food some additional flavor.

As opposed to your early-afternoon snack or your late-afternoon snack?

I got your mid-afternoon snack right here GG!

Spoiler
Fresh mangoes from Trader Joes. Yum.

LOL yes....I eat a lot during the day. I am not a big fan of huge meals (except for dinner) so I just snack all day long. I eat a piece of fruit before the gym, then some scrambled egg whites after the gym then during the day I will snack on almonds, various fruit, string cheese, cottage cheese, a bag of chips, you name it. But because I do that I am hungry all day long, so every 2 hours of so (sometimes less) I find myself snacking on something else.

LOL yes....I eat a lot during the day. I am not a big fan of huge meals (except for dinner) so I just snack all day long. I eat a piece of fruit before the gym, then some scrambled egg whites after the gym then during the day I will snack on almonds, various fruit, string cheese, cottage cheese, a bag of chips, you name it. But because I do that I am hungry all day long, so every 2 hours of so (sometimes less) I find myself snacking on something else.

That is, until you find yourself elbows deep in wet, dripping, BBQ sauce?

Chicken Adobo tonight. Brown the chicken. Add sliced onions. Equal parts of soy and vinegar. Add a grip of bay leaves. Stew it a little and serve with jasmine rice...mmmmmm

Tonight I cooked again. Went with something simple, but filling.

Biscuits & Gravy!

Pillsbury Country-Style Biscuits x 4
Country-Style Milk Gravy (with a few links chopped up in it)
Johnsonville Sausage Links w/Maple Syrup in them

Might not be good for me, but damn it tastes good!

Twizzlers Cherry bites & a lemon lime gatorade.

Flank steak, asparagus and rice.

Tonight I cooked again. Went with something simple, but filling.

Biscuits & Gravy!

Pillsbury Country-Style Biscuits x 4
Country-Style Milk Gravy (with a few links chopped up in it)
Johnsonville Sausage Links w/Maple Syrup in them

Might not be good for me, but damn it tastes good!

mmmm...one of the more basic country dishes but man it's good. It will not sustain a healthy life but...it's gooood!

I went out for a late lunch so I wasn't that hungry. I went to DQ and got a Tagalong blizzard. My favorite Girl Scout cookie and DQ ice cream - can't beat that.

Chicken Adobo tonight. Brown the chicken. Add sliced onions. Equal parts of soy and vinegar. Add a grip of bay leaves. Stew it a little and serve with jasmine rice...mmmmmm

I bet that was good Don. I love Adobo.

Hubby took his homemade sour cherry pie out of the oven last night just before bedtime. We're supposed to have actual nutritious food for dinner tonight, but I'm tempted to cut that pie into quarters and skip the rest.

Sour cherry pie is just incredible.

Hubby took his homemade sour cherry pie out of the oven last night just before bedtime. We're supposed to have actual nutritious food for dinner tonight, but I'm tempted to cut that pie into quarters and skip the rest.

Sour cherry pie is just incredible.

Claire, are you willing to share the recipe?

Claire, are you willing to share the recipe?

I don't think I've ever seen it! (But it's probably from an older edition of either Joy of Cooking or Fannie Farmer.

You like bread, right Harry?
i2dw5nf19pxzhpiyN2ZD6lwro1_500.jpg
Meatbread
Bread infused with ground beef, sausage, and cheese.

That just flat out looks gross.

EDIT: "infused"? I think not. Stuffed.

Wow, Gas--it's been awhile since you've posted food photos like that. I'd almost succeeded in blotting them from my mind forgotten about them.

At the kids' request, Chinese takeout tonight. Boo was a late talker (and has made up for it in spades). When she was much younger, she used to call it "Nigh-NEE," and she still gets a kick out of doing so.

Yeah, I love nighnees food, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back