Favorite Golf Moments

OFvar

The Drive to Win
Reaction score
Handicap
These can be personal or pro..just wondering what moments you guys/gals cherish most

1. Lew Worsham, down by 1 to the clubhouse leader Chandler Harper, holes out from 115 out for eagle on the 72nd hole to win the first ever televised golf tournament(1953)(look on Harpers face is priceless)

2. Phil Mickelson's post-Winged Foot-Debacle press conference---"I am.......................such an idiot"

Late one evening, I was playing skins with three of my buddies at my old home course when we caught up with a twosome we knew who were also playing skins. We decided since the course was empty, we would play as a sixsome and play skins. We carried over a bunch of holes and when we reached 18, they were still undecided. We decided to play on until someone won a hole or dark caught us. We played 1 through 6 with everyone on their game. It was like a heavyweight boxing match with the guys trading blows. Birdies were dropping everywhere, but always matched. Finally, on 6, I missed the green and thought I would be out of it as 4 guys were all on the green, one was in the pond. I chipped in for birdie and all 4 missed their putts. It still makes me smile just thinking about how pure the competition was. It is just amazing how hard I will concentrate for a quarter. LOL!

2. Phil Mickelson's post-Winged Foot-Debacle press conference---"I am.......................such an idiot"

:banana::D ROFL! Nothing much to add, and one of my most favorite moments too!

thats great ctech! ya i watch that press conference over and over again :laugh:

My two hole outs are most memorable. An 165 yard ace and a 90ish yard eagle on a par 4.

Another good one for me was shooting a 73(par 69 course). I started with a double bogey and shot +2 for the last 17 holes. It was raining that day and I was playing steady golf most of the day, fairway, green, 2 putt, repeat...

I've mentioned this probably a dozen times now, but: my wife getting a birdie and a par in her first round ever is/are my favorite moment(s).

My favorite moment was my golf trip to the Robert Trent Jones Trail in AL two years ago.

I have had a some nice conversations with a pro golf caddy when he, and his boss come to town. I have accomplished some things on the golf course (shot wise) that brings back pleasant memories. I have quite a few fond memories.:comp:

I didn't see it live, but I have to go with Ben Crenshaw's Masters win after Harvey Penick passed.

That was a great one Julie.

As far as a professional memory, my all-time favorite has to be Watson's chip-in on 17 at Pebble Beach after which he ran around the green and pointed at Edwards. KC wanted him to win that U.S. Open almost as much as he did!

Back