Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not going to get into it again. Sure the NL has great teams. But pitching to an AL team is harder. You have to face 9 hitters not 8.
Its just a funny statement. A team like the Phillies, where he will probably end up, has just as dangerous, if not more of a line up than the Yankees.

anyone see the home run contest last night? any thoughts on the 'tracker' they put on some of the balls showing their probability for going out of the park? I thought it was weak

anyone see the home run contest last night? any thoughts on the 'tracker' they put on some of the balls showing their probability for going out of the park? I thought it was weak

I was going for Prince Fielder and he won! I'm a fan of his and Pablo Sandoval's from SFG...just because they are both HUGE and swing so violently.

The ball tracker was cool...I didn't see anything weak about it. However, the presentation this year was BOOORRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGG.

Oh, and why was Inge in it? lol

It didnt work for hockey either. With HD tvs now, I didnt see it necessary. Although the distance tracking was cool.

However, the presentation this year was BOOORRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGG.

Because Chris Berman is boring, full of schtick, and a cartoon character. back back back THIS!

PUjols is awesome because he is great at everything. But it would have been very satisfying if he could have won in St. Louis.

Yea it would have been amazing to see Pujols win the derby, get a couple clutch hits in the game, and walk away with the MVP, but it was obvious that he put way too much pressure on himself to produce that story book outcome. It all started with the derby and lead to his error and o-fer in the game. Now he just needs to concentrate on "normal" baseball because he still is the best in the game and can lead the Cardinals all the way.

Now We Know Why JB & GG are Considering Moving . . .

Now We Know Why JB & GG are Considering Moving . . .

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/110511-jeter-building-tampas-biggest-mansion

Jeter building Tampa's biggest mansion

Rising like an aircraft carrier under construction, the future home of New York Yankees baseball star Derek Jeter is taking shape on Davis Islands. Designed with a whopping 30,875 square feet of space, the seven-bedroom, nine-bathroom waterfront home dwarfs nearby mansions and could end up the largest home in Hillsborough County.

Tampa Tribune
And while I normally don't read the "comments" section, especially on sports sites, this one was too good to pass up:

Spoiler

July 16, 2009 07:03 AM ET

Mr. Boston

I just got a sweet deal on a studio apartment overlooking a scrap metal recycling plant.

The so called second half starts tonight.:banana:
Any predictions?
-I think the most excitement will come from the AL West down the stretch run.
-Besides Halladay, this might be a boring trade deadline.
-Are the Astros going to make their usual second half charge?

According to Ken Rosenthal, the Red Sox are going to DFA Julio Lugo today. :laughing:
Lugo was tool when he was with the Dodgers, all he did was complain.

Same thing here in Tampa

Its a miracle.
Jason Schmidt Returns Monday
Jason Schmidt, out more than two years with shoulder problems, will start for the Dodgers Monday night against Cincinnati, manager Joe Torre announced Saturday. -- Ken Gurnick
This will be his seventh start for the Dodgers since signing his three year, $47MM deal in Decemeber 2006, and his first since June 16th of 2007.

Barry Zito would argue that. So would Carl Pavano and Mo Vaughn.

Barry Zito would argue that. So would Carl Pavano and Mo Vaughn.

Zito is right up there, except he at least pitches, which probably makes it worse. :act-up:

eric gagne

10million+ for one year

10 saves in 17 attempts...........good acquisition brewers :clapp:

Ya the Gagne deal made no sense, he sucked the year before with the Red Sox .

The AL East became the first division in baseball with three 50 game winners already. No other division even has 2 yet. However the NL West has two teams with 49 wins.

If Rafael Betancourt was a PGA golfer, he would be Ben Crane.

Aaarrrrgghhh! Averaged 45 seconds between pitches.

The AL East became the first division in baseball with three 50 game winners already. No other division even has 2 yet. However the NL West has two teams with 49 wins.

The NL West is there now too and the AL west will follow. I cant believe the trade deadline is only 12 days away.

This is my problem with ESPN. When Buster Olney was asked for the best teams in baseball this year he says "Red Sox, Yanks, and Rays are 3 of the 4 best teams in baseball, along with the Phillies."

So the co host responds with "So that means you can't have the Dodgers any higher than 5th?"

Buster says "Yes, I have the Dodgers 5th. Their bullpen is showing cracks and they're lacking a fifth starter."

Now I realize Buster is a Dodger fan and doesnt want to sound like a homer, but come on. The Phillies have a crappy rotation, Chan Ho Park is their 5th starter and Brad Lidges ERA is over 7. That seems like a bigger problem. Every other media outlet has the Dodgers number # 1 in their power rankings, but Buster really thinks they are #5. Seems a little biased towards the East Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back