2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really would help.

Yeah, it's gonna be tough, but it's late enough I think I can pull it off and have the fundage to fly out by then. Too bad I can't say the same for the Masters! Honestly though, I may be called crazy but I'd rather hand out with THP'ers and help the site.

That's what it's all about for me after all!

No road trips?! Madness.

Jman, you know there's going to be a couch open in a number of villas. You NEED to be there!

I want to in a bad way, I just wanna help however I can, and I know they'd put my butt to work!

I want to in a bad way, I just wanna help however I can, and I know they'd put my butt to work!

I am a glutton for punishment, because I told GG to put me on the list right after selections were done! I'll need to get in shape just to keep up with her!

You still going to try to come volunteer? I know with several other trips scheduled this year it might be tough for you. You surely have a spot on a couch in my villa if it would help.

HE BETTER! LOL, I offered him my couch too....LOL

Since you two got the sleeping arrangement taken care of.. I will toss in that I will cover a couple of the meals for JMan should he make it down. ( Not the bar bill though, I might go broke if I tried that...lol )

I am a glutton for punishment, because I told GG to put me on the list right after selections were done! I'll need to get in shape just to keep up with her!

It's a fact.

I'm working on it, that's for sure. Just gotta get the outing fundage set back and then the Doc and I's march vacation. Gotta make it happen somehow.

Since you two got the sleeping arrangement taken care of.. I will toss in that I will cover a couple of the meals for JMan should he make it down. ( Not the bar bill though, I might go broke if I tried that...lol )

You never cease to amaze me my friend. Seriously.

I am sure between a couple of us, we can handle the food and the beer....he just needs to get on a damn plane!

I'm humbled. This is just another example of why there is NO other place or family like this on the net. I mean that. You all stun me.

Let me ask you this but all who attended last year please feel free to answer. Did you learn anything at last years rounds that will lead you to set-up bag different? If so what will that be?

Very good question.
But for me, no...it doesn't matter. I just play golf dude. I will order clubs that fit my game, not fit 2 courses.
I hit a shot off a pinecone last year...there's no bag setup for that.

Guys it is very much a noble gesture assisting a THPer and their journey, but let's remember that there are thousands of others here that would love the chance to come and might not have the funds to get there and may feel a bit slighted here.

If you want to assist someone, do so in private. Thank you.

Sorry Josh!

Tyno, you don't practice the pine cone shot regularly dude? HA!

Sorry JB!

How do you think a niblick would react off a pine cone?

Amazingly, it'd be like cheating.

I just hope to play some prep matches with Cookie, Tim, and Nate to help out however I can in the leadup.

I won't lie either, I'm SUPER curious to see where everyone goes equipment wise!

Guys it is very much a noble gesture assisting a THPer and their journey, but let's remember that there are thousands of others here that would love the chance to come and might not have the funds to get there and may feel a bit slighted here.

If you want to assist someone, do so in private. Thank you.

You are right Josh so I will change what I said. If someone comes to volunteer and in doing so get themselves in a financially challenging position, I will cover a meal or two for them. They are all sleeping with TBT though. Lol

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

A question for everyone.... If the lofts on the irons for your MC sponsor differs from your present set of irons (assuming you are comfortable with that set) will you:

a) Have the MC clubs altered to match your current set.

b) Not alter the MC set and learn new distances.

I don't think I will alter the lofts of my MC set. I just don't see the need to do so. The lofts should be within a degree or two so there shouldn't be too much different. If they are more than that I wouldn't want to bend them that much anyways.

depends on the irons for me. If i go with more of a players iron with traditional lofts i will bend them strong like i did last year. If I go with the AMP Cell irons i would most likely keep the lofts the same .

How many MC'ers got a sponsor related gift this year? Not from your sponsor, mind you, just gift related to your to mc sponsor.

I got a bunch of Puma gear. Just wish it was warm enough to wear it right now.

A question for everyone.... If the lofts on the irons for your MC sponsor differs from your present set of irons (assuming you are comfortable with that set) will you:

I am expecting that my new set will be stronger lofted or the same as my current set. I will likely not adjust anything from stock and then match the wedges as need to the irons.

Dude, my dad's side of the family is all from Anniston, AL......are we related...hehehe

As is mine.... maybe this will turn into a family reunion at the MC.

It will depend on the irons I go with. The Hot X are almost spot on with my current set. Not sure about the X forged. If its an option to get the lofts adjusted i will do so if they are too far off. I will also have my lie angle adjusted.

It will depend on the irons I go with. The Hot X are almost spot on with my current set. Not sure about the X forged. If its an option to get the lofts adjusted i will do so if they are too far off. I will also have my lie angle adjusted.

Do you have your J40's bent strong? The X Hot Pro's are 3 degrees stronger in the middle of the set IIRC.

Either way I won't be changing my lofts, especially since I think the X Hot Pros will be longer no matter what lofts they play at.

As is mine.... maybe this will turn into a family reunion at the MC.

How crazy weird is that??

Rhino to answer your question, honestly I am not sure....not knowing what the Bridgestone offerings will be right now makes pondering even tougher....my current set is pretty well in line with the DPC's which is what I will game if nothing changes, but even if it wasn't as long as it only a degree or 2, I think I would stay with the factory specs

Rhino - I plan in getting fitted again and will go with the recommendation

Do you have your J40's bent strong? The X Hot Pro's are 3 degrees stronger in the middle of the set IIRC.

Either way I won't be changing my lofts, especially since I think the X Hot Pros will be longer no matter what lofts they play at.

The lofts on my DPCs are the same as my r11s. I had them all bent at least 2* strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back