2012 Cross Pro Jacket Review Thread

Nice thoughts Jarret! I need to wear the Pro again to check on the sleeves but I can say that on the other Cross jacket I have, I have rolled up the cuff because it was long on me also. Just sharing that so people know that the sleeve length possible issue is not limited to the Pro jacket, appears to be how their line is designed.

Nice thoughts Jarret! I need to wear the Pro again to check on the sleeves but I can say that on the other Cross jacket I have, I have rolled up the cuff because it was long on me also. Just sharing that so people know that the sleeve length possible issue is not limited to the Pro jacket, appears to be how their line is designed.
ahh, thanks for that. I guess its better they are longer than shorter. Cause you can just velcro them up. But, it really affected my one shot it messed me up on

ahh, thanks for that. I guess its better they are longer than shorter. Cause you can just velcro them up. But, it really affected my one shot it messed me up on

I can definitely see that happening if the velcro was not tightened. I don't mind cinching the velcro as long as you don't have an issue where all of the extra sleeve is then bunched up in a big mess around your wrists.

I think it is ok on this design because the material is so light that it does not bunch up terribly at the bottom like other fabrics might.

The length of the sleeves might be one of my favourite features! I'm so used to buying Jackets that fit better around the waist and chest, leaving the arms short. Having the best of both worlds is a true perk (for me) of this Jacket.

Nice to hear the wind never stood a chance. I can't wait to get this thing on course up here to see what the extended exposure feels like.

I was able to test out the "bucket" Sam hat that Cross Golf was nice enough to send us. It was only slightly raining, but it kept my head nice and dry. I look hideous in it, but who cares. When it's raining, you worry about staying dry and this did just that. Also, because my ears were dry, I stayed a little warmer. This hat really isn't designed to keep you warm, it was just a result of it keeping my head so dry.

I was able to test out the "bucket" Sam hat that Cross Golf was nice enough to send us. It was only slightly raining, but it kept my head nice and dry. I look hideous in it, but who cares. When it's raining, you worry about staying dry and this did just that. Also, because my ears were dry, I stayed a little warmer. This hat really isn't designed to keep you warm, it was just a result of it keeping my head so dry.

I love this hat. It was pouring here this morning so I wore it to work.
My wife laughs at it and it makes me want to wear it all the time for fun.

But as you stated it does its job and does it WELL.

I love this hat. It was pouring here this morning so I wore it to work.
My wife laughs at it and it makes me want to wear it all the time for fun.

But as you stated it does its job and does it WELL.

Exactly. Bucket hats weren't designed to look good. Period. But it does exactly what it is designed to do, keep your noggin dry.

I wore my hat outside this morning to brush off my wife's car and shovel the driveway and it worked like a dream. It was a 'wintry mix' of sleet and snow and it held up great. Its still about 30 or so here, and the hat was just enough to keep me warm.

I wore my hat outside this morning to brush off my wife's car and shovel the driveway and it worked like a dream. It was a 'wintry mix' of sleet and snow and it held up great. Its still about 30 or so here, and the hat was just enough to keep me warm.

That's great to hear, sounds like you guys are having similar weather to us, glad to know the Cross kept you warm and dry, That's a killer combination!

While playing my last round, I found myself on the other side of the fence....literally. so, instead of hopping the fence and risking breaking it I decided to slide through. ooops, it left some nice black lines all over the back of my jacket. I was pissed cause I thought I had made a big mistake. Well, a little water and it came right off. That was nice.

While playing my last round, I found myself on the other side of the fence....literally. so, instead of hopping the fence and risking breaking it I decided to slide through. ooops, it left some nice black lines all over the back of my jacket. I was pissed cause I thought I had made a big mistake. Well, a little water and it came right off. That was nice.
Nice to hear it cleaned up for ya buddy!

My heart dropped for a second One-T. That would have pissed me off too. Glad it came off easily, that could have really stunk.

Will be a few days until I am back on the course but have mine on right now and have for the past 4 hours. Sub 30 here early this morning and when I first went out with a hooded sweatshirt I was still quite chilly.

Went back out 90 minutes later with a golf shirt and my jacket on as I needed to put air in the tires and I am genuinely impressed at how well this jacket blocks the cold wind from getting to your core.

Wife walked out and commented to how cold it was and can't say that I agreed. Have wore mine each of the last 4 days during this wintry mix and it is definitely my "go to" jacket both on and off the course.

Glad to know it cleans up nice, that helps as you never know what you'll get into on some courses!!!

What was an awesome video Cookie! Very very nice!

Yeah guys, I was worried. but, came right off.

Will be a few days until I am back on the course but have mine on right now and have for the past 4 hours. Sub 30 here early this morning and when I first went out with a hooded sweatshirt I was still quite chilly.

Went back out 90 minutes later with a golf shirt and my jacket on as I needed to put air in the tires and I am genuinely impressed at how well this jacket blocks the cold wind from getting to your core.

Wife walked out and commented to how cold it was and can't say that I agreed. Have wore mine each of the last 4 days during this wintry mix and it is definitely my "go to" jacket both on and off the course.
I have to agree with this. When we played saturday, it was breezy and I had no issues except for one hole...but it was windy!!

Jarret - Do you think the black stuff was just dirt or some kind of sap/tar type stuff? glad it came out either way.

Has anyone else had some fraying of their main zipper? I have threads coming apart on the very bottom of the zipper. I will probably just trim them with some fingernail clippers, but didnt know if others see this too.

I will agree that for such a lightweight offering it does an impeccable job with wind resistance.
I played with One-T and a few others on Saturday and had my jacket on as well.
The Conditions were:
photo 2-M.png

I was very comfortable the entire day. It eventually warmed up a little more than that but man what an amazing jacket.

I was at the range on Friday during these conditions:
photo 1-M.png

You can see that it was very windy and with it being overcast and the wind it felt colder than the following day when I was golfing. I didn't think I'd do much other than hit a small bucket of balls, but I was comfortable enough I was there for an hour in the short game area after I hit the small bucket.

I know it's not golf related, but I had to find a way to test this jacket against the elements.. As that awful white stuff fell from the sky, it was clear that I would need to do some shoveling, so I took to the driveway with my Cross jacket on with a hoody underneath.

I happened to ask Cross what the best situation for this jacket would be and they noted wind and water, so i was definitely a bit worried about the cold temps having an impact. At no point during my shoveling did I get a chill from the wind or the cold. It was right around 32* at the time.

Lots of snow sticking to the hood of my hoody, yet upon coming back into the house 45 minutes later, there was nothing on my jacket, not wetness or snow.

Great stuff. Not exactly the intended use, but I was impressed.

dhill....you got to play with One-T?! You lucky dog!!!!

Dan - I think that keeping the wind out is a major factor in why we've experienced such good results staying warm. Great way to put it to the test.

Nate - I sure did. Played with him and four other THPers. It was awesome.

Has anyone else had some fraying of their main zipper? I have threads coming apart on the very bottom of the zipper. I will probably just trim them with some fingernail clippers, but didnt know if others see this too.

I have not seen this but will keep an eye out for it.

Jarret - Do you think the black stuff was just dirt or some kind of sap/tar type stuff? glad it came out either way.

It was just dirt from an old white fence, I should have known. But it was black stuff. It didnt want to come off at first but eventually it did.

I have not had any fraying...I know exactly what your talking about as one of my old ski jackets did this. Its quite annoying.

dhill....you got to play with One-T?! You lucky dog!!!!
Yeah, its a rarity.

Nice thoughts guys. Glad it stays clean too One-T and the black mark came off. Interested to hear about the zippers threads moving forward.

War Eagle was rocking this today in red. Now that's a sweet jacket!

Back