SeeMore Putters Thread

By choice. When I ordered the X2 that is the grip option I went with. It an awesome grip so I ordered two more. I was going to put it on the FGP and order the Orange belly for the mallet since the original needed replaced. But I just decided to cut it down and slap that grip on.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Good to know, I'll be sure to check that one out!

Has anyone ever got a personalized SeeMore? It would be awesome to be able to have an engraving on a putter, and I'm not just talkin MC stuff here. I've never seen other OEM's offer engravings on their putters, just predetermined stamping. That logo on the face looks awesome (I mean as an idea).

http://www.seemore.com/corporate/

Has anyone ever got a personalized SeeMore? It would be awesome to be able to have an engraving on a putter, and I'm not just talkin MC stuff here. I've never seen other OEM's offer engravings on their putters, just predetermined stamping. That logo on the face looks awesome (I mean as an idea).

http://www.seemore.com/corporate/

That would be awesome if it were available for the 2013 Morgan Cup, that would be EPIC!!!

Today I had about 45 mins of putting, I believe it was the Si series. Man do they feel nice, very soft and buttery which is the feeling I look for. I kept making almost every shot around the 20 ft mark (Granted it was a straight line with half a ball to the right)..

But even with my putter I use current, I never make that many in a row.. My problem is i was putting so great with the blade which i wanted to get rid of, but now after today my minds changing. They only had 3,4 models so I don't know if i should wait or make a purchase on boxing day.. I really wanted a Black mallet or the FGP :/

Today I had about 45 mins of putting, I believe it was the Si series. Man do they feel nice, very soft and buttery which is the feeling I look for. I kept making almost every shot around the 20 ft mark (Granted it was a straight line with half a ball to the right)..

But even with my putter I use current, I never make that many in a row.. My problem is i was putting so great with the blade which i wanted to get rid of, but now after today my minds changing. They only had 3,4 models so I don't know if i should wait or make a purchase on boxing day.. I really wanted a Black mallet or the FGP :/

As long as you but seemore you will always have the confidence! (Granted this is drunk talk right now!) but seriously I love my m1, I moved to it after bagging a two ball for a couple of months, and it just fills me with confidence!

DB - we are out of the office today and tomorrow - but back on Wednesday - give us a call and we can answer some of your questions - 800-985-8170 - happy to help!!

Earlier this month, I got a little excited about having the opportunity to be outfitted with a SeeMore putter for the 2013 Morgan Cup. So much so, that I kind of jumped the gun and scheduled an SPi Fitting/Lesson ahead of time. I apologize for ruining the surprise for the other 7 Cobra/SeeMore staffers...but hey, either way, it's happening!
Anyway, I happened to be in the area of a Silver Certified SPi Instructor and both of us were available on that same day, so I didn't hesitate to schedule something. I had been to a corporate luncheon in New Castle that day, but early afternoon I made my way up to Pine Lakes Golf Club in Hubbard, Ohio to meet up with Chris Carfangia the head pro there for what would be quite the eye opening experience, in the form of a putter fitting/lesson.

The weather was a miserable downpour that day, but I made my way to the course in no time and met Chris inside the pro shop. After an initial meet & greet, I handed over my two Never Compromise putters so he could record the lie & loft, and basically see what I had been working with for the past 2 years. We BS'ed about THP and the Morgan Cup, golf, etc... and Chris (staffed by Nike), opened up a Nike 2013 Product catalog and raved about the new VRS Covert woods/hybrids line, which I must admit...looks pretty damn sweet. Anyway, we grabbed our coats and an umbrella and headed up to his indoor teaching/instruction facility. And if I can make a little plug for their facilities...Pine Lakes has a covered/heated range that is open year round and Chris's teaching room has a large putting green, all kinds of different SeeMore putters, instruction gadgets, and two hitting mats for full lessons. It's really nice.

Chris does a lot of his teaching thru V1 Golf App. It's a free app, on Android and Apple, and it's really slick. I downloaded it as soon as I could and I can now take video of my swing, putting or full swing, and send it right to Chris. It also comes with all the cool line drawing and shapes that most golf instruction apps have as well. I've since imported some of my HOTD videos and trimmed them down to analyze my swing.
Anyway, Chris took down my info and then asked me to tell him about my putting routine and my overall putting philosophy. Chris broke this down and basically explained what we'd be doing that day in the form of 90% lesson which would result in a very easy 10% fitting for a specific putter. I'm going to say this a bunch of times, but you can tell that Chris really has a passion for the art putting and teaching it as well. His knowledge of everything putting was almost overwhelming at times, yet easy to comprehend overall. Chris instructed me to go ahead and putt a few balls while he took video from a few different angles with his iPad. All straight from about 10 feet, I believe I made a few, missed a few, all while recalling other idiosyncrasies and mannerisms of my putting stroke/philosophy. After that, he pulled me aside and had me watch the video from the two angles: head on and from behind the ball. He drew a few lines noting that my stance, posture, eye line and everything at address were all great. He then hit play and said now watch...as I watched he said, "A few things that you thought you were doing, you're not." lol. What's that saying? The tape don't lie? My stroke was out-to-in; I thought it was straight back to straight thru with a little outside finish. The toe of the putter was up off the ground; I thought it was very close to flat. Short backswing and exaggerated follow-through. And my stroke was all arms and shoulders, instead of a good upper torso pendulum/triangle. And my grip would need a minor tweak...

So, with all that to take in we got down to the adjustments. Chris talked about a lot of things (like I said, vast knowledge) but one thing that really stuck out in my mind was striking the ball correctly and getting the line around the ball to go end over end each time, ensuring a true roll. He mentioned none of my earlier putts did that, which was hard to believe, but true. Being able to strike the ball on the downstroke with the putter, will guarantee that pure roll...while the majority of golfers try to pick the ball up, similar to a chip-shot, wherein the ball will hop first, creating backspin and a very wobbly, unstable roll. So in order to achieve this for me, we adjusted the following...
First we changed my grip just slightly in the form of a much weaker grip. No reason to strangle a putter when you're only swinging it 3 mph. Like any grip change, it felt weird at first but I'm really getting used to it. Next we moved the ball up in my stance about an inch. This is the point where my stroke was well balanced to contact the ball at the correct position. Then we moved my hands out from my body, allowing the putter to sit perfectly flat on the ground as it should. This took a bit to get used to and even looked like the heel was way up off the ground...but the putter was in fact flat on the ground, which was exactly what I was attempting to do before, but was actually not even close. Finally, we made sure that I was making more of an upper torso turn, creating the perfect pendulum/triangle that I was striving for before.
After we got this all in tune, and all the adjustments to sync properly...I started seeing results. It's nice to have visual results right in front of you in the the form of a big black line on the ball, rolling end over end, near perfect and dropping in the hole most every time. I just kept putting and putting, every so often switching out different styles of SeeMore putters, while we kept talking about different things. Chris would throw in a "that was an awful stroke" every now and then, but equal them out with a few "perfect strokes". It was a very relaxed session and I felt good the entire time. I went in there with an open mind and was willing to try whatever works, and came out a better putter. Putting and putting, talking about this and that and switching in and out different putters. Now, albeit a fairly flat putting surface and only from 10ft, there were times where Chris would stop me and say, "You realize you just made like 5 in a row?" I would just laugh, having not realized it at all...focusing on the new stroke and getting that line to roll true. It was a feeling of pure unconscious putting.

Towards the end of the fitting/lesson, I tossed a few putters around...going back and forth between the 2 or 3 that I liked the most, noting that I was open to try anything. But the one I kept going back to and making the most consecutive putts with, was the FGP Original. One of the most simplest designs out there, but Tour proven and just easy to hit. I believe I hit close to every offering from SeeMore and did also enjoy the mFGP and the X2 as well. I believe I even stroked a special Tour edition mFGP once owned by none other than Zach Johnson...pretty cool.

Putting is a huge part of the game and I think it is unfortunately overlooked by many, including myself. Chris even stated that he may give 500 or so full lessons per year, but maybe only a handful of putting lessons. My goal for this new year is to practice more and play less, and focus more on my short game, especially my putting. I think with this lesson and the minor adjustments, that I'm on the right track to start draining a lot more putts, and being fit for a SeeMore putter can only help to increase that chance.
And normally, a putter fitting is not something that I would go out and do...so I do want to thank THP, SeeMore and Chris for the opportunity. Truly amazing...
And I wish I could recant the entire session, as I'm probably not doing Chris much justice with this "yada-yada" review, but man let me tell you what, that guy knows a hell of a lot about putting. It's extremely impressive and I think that I definitely will be seeing him again.

Last edited:
Pretty jealous you didn't take me along with you. Thanks alot.

Haha very cool write up broseph.

Awesome write up, I'm super jealous and super pumped to get a fitting done. There's a fitter about 3 hours away, so I'm hoping I can get it scheduled ASAP!!!

Great write-up buddy! I love my Seemore putters. I can see myself only using SeeMore for years to come. I cannot wait to make a trip to TN.....I just have too soon.

Tyno, that was a great read dude. Very cool fitting you got to go through, for sure. It will be exciting to watch the putting journey the SeeMore guys will go through over the next 8 months.

Nice write-up Ty.

That was a good write up t. Looking forward to hear how this goes for you. Would love to do this myself.

Thanks for writing that tnolan, awesome that you had such a great experience! Can't wait to get my hands on those SeeMore's!

Earlier this month, I got a little excited about having the opportunity to be outfitted with a SeeMore putter for the 2013 Morgan Cup. So much so, that I kind of jumped the gun and scheduled an SPi Fitting/Lesson ahead of time. I apologize for ruining the surprise for the other 7 Cobra/SeeMore staffers...but hey, either way, it's happening!
Anyway, I happened to be in the area of a Silver Certified SPi Instructor and both of us were available on that same day, so I didn't hesitate to schedule something. I had been to a corporate luncheon in New Castle that day, but early afternoon I made my way up to Pine Lakes Golf Club in Hubbard, Ohio to meet up with Chris Carfangia the head pro there for what would be quite the eye opening experience, in the form of a putter fitting/lesson.

The weather was a miserable downpour that day, but I made my way to the course in no time and met Chris inside the pro shop. After an initial meet & greet, I handed over my two Never Compromise putters so he could record the lie & loft, and basically see what I had been working with for the past 2 years. We BS'ed about THP and the Morgan Cup, golf, and Chris, staffed by Nike, opened up a Nike 2013 Product catalog and raved about the new VRS Covert woods/hybrids line, which I must admit...looks pretty damn sweet. Anyway, we grabbed our coats and an umbrella and headed up to his indoor teaching/instruction facility. And if I can make a little plug for their facilities...Pine Lakes has a covered/heated range that is open year round and Chris's teaching room has a large putting green, all kinds of different SeeMore putters, instruction gadgets, and two hitting mats for full lessons. It's really nice.

Chris does a lot of his teaching thru V1 Golf App. It's a free app, on Android and Apple, and it's really slick. I downloaded it as soon as I could and I can now take video of my swing, putting or full swing, and send it right to Chris. It also comes with all the cool line drawing and shapes that most golf instruction apps have as well. I've since imported some of my HOTD videos and trimmed them down to analyze my swing.
Anyway, Chris took down my info and then asked me to tell him about my putting routine and my overall putting philosophy. Chris broke this down and basically explained what we'd be doing that day in the form of 90% lesson which would result in a very easy 10% fitting for a specific putter. I'm going to say this a bunch of times, but you can tell that Chris really has a passion for the art putting and teaching it as well. His knowledge of everything putting was almost overwhelming at times, yet easy to comprehend overall. Chris instructed me to go ahead and putt a few balls while he took video from a few different angles with his iPad. All straight from about 10 feet, I believe I made a few missed a few, all awhile recalling other idiosyncrasies and mannerisms of my putting stroke/philosophy. After that, he pulled me aside and had me watch the video from the two angles: head on and from behind the ball. He drew a few lines noting that my stance, posture, eye line and everything at address were all great. He then hit play and said now watch...as I watched he said, "A few things that you thought you were doing, you're not." lol. What's that saying? The tape don't lie? My stroke was out-to-in; I thought it was straight back to straight thru with a little outside finish. The toe of the putter was up off the ground; I thought it was very close to flat. Short backswing and exaggerated follow-through. And my stroke was all arms and shoulders, instead of a good upper torso pendulum/triangle. And my grip would need a minor tweak...

So, with all that to take in we got down to the adjustments. Chris talked about a lot of things (like I said, vast knowledge) but one thing that really stuck out in my mind was striking the ball correctly and getting the line around the ball to go end over end each time, ensuring a true roll. He mentioned none of my earlier putts did that, which was hard to believe, but true. Being able to strike the ball on the downstroke with the putter, will guarantee that pure roll...while the majority of golfers try to pick the ball up, similar to a chip-shot, wherein the ball will hop first, creating backspin and a very wobbly, unstable roll. So in order to achieve this for me, we adjusted the following...
First we changed my grip just slightly in the form of a much weaker grip. No reason to strangle a putter when you're only swinging it 3 mph. Like any grip change, it felt weird at first but I'm really getting used to it. Next we moved the ball up in my stance about an inch. This is the point where my stroke was well balanced to contact the ball at the correct position. Then we moved my hands out from my body, allowing the putter to sit perfectly flat on the ground as it should. This took a bit to get used to and even looked like the heel was way up off the ground...but the putter was in fact flat on the ground, which was exactly what I was attempting to do before, but was actually not even close. Finally, we made sure that I was making more of an upper torso turn, creating the perfect pendulum/triangle that I was striving for before.
After we got this all in tune, and all the adjustments to sync properly...I started seeing results. It's nice to have visual results right in front of you in the the form of a big black line on the ball, rolling end over end, near perfect and dropping in the hole most every time. I just kept putting and putting, every so often switching out different styles of SeeMore putters, while we kept talking about different things. Chris would throw in a "that was an awful stroke" every now and then, but equal them out with a few "perfect stroke". It was a very relaxed session and I felt good the entire time. I went in there with an open mind and was willing to try whatever works, and came out a better putter. Putting and putting, talking about this and that and switching in and out different putters. Now, albeit a fairly flat putting surface and only from 10ft, there were times where Chris would stop me and say, "You realize you just made like 5 in a row?" I would just laugh, having not realized it at all...focusing on the new stroke and getting that line to roll true. It was a feeling of pure unconscious putting.

Towards the end of the fitting/lesson, I tossed a few putters around...going back and forth between the 2 or 3 that I liked the most, noting that I was open to try anything. But the one I kept going back to and making the most consecutive putts with, was the FGP Original. One of the most simplest designs out there, but Tour proven and just easy to hit. I believe I hit close to every offering from SeeMore and did also enjoy the mFGP and the X2 as well. I believe I even stroked a special Tour edition mFGP once owned by none other than Zach Johnson...pretty cool.

Putting is a huge part of the game and I think it unfortunately overlooked by many, including myself. Chris even stated that he may give 500 or so full lessons per year, but maybe only a handful of putting lessons. My goal for this new year is to practice more and play less, and focus more on my short game, especially my putting. I think with this lesson and the minor adjustments, that I'm on the right track to start draining a lot more putts, and being fit for a SeeMore putter can only help to increase that chance.
And normally, a putter fitting is not something that I would go out and do...so I do want to thank THP, SeeMore and Chris for the opportunity. Truly amazing...
And I wish I could recant the entire session, as I'm probably not doing Chris much justice with this "yada-yada" review, but man let me tell you what, that guy knows a hell of a lot about putting. It's extremely impressive and I think that I definitely will be seeing him again.

Very cool Tyno.....glad you got to do this.....sounds like it was a great experience!

Great review Tyno! I have been wanting to do a SeeMore fitting for so long and just putting lessons in general since I am pretty sure that's what's costing me the most strokes per round. Sounds like you had a great time and got some awesome information!

Great writeup TNolan. Not only got me wanting to get a proper putter fitting, gave me a couple things to take a look at in my current putter stroke.

I really enjoyed reading that Tnolan! There was a lot of good information and it got me to thinking about my stroke. I've never analyzed it on video and would have a hard time explaining it, I just know that I do what feels good. I'm really looking forward to going through a fitting for my SeeMore.

The weather was a miserable downpour that day, but I made my way to the course in no time and met Chris inside the pro shop. After an initial meet & greet, I handed over my two Never Compromise putters so he could record the lie & loft, and basically see what I had been working with for the past 2 years. We BS'ed about THP and the Morgan Cup, golf, and Chris, staffed by Nike, opened up a Nike 2013 Product catalog and raved about the new VRS Covert woods/hybrids line, which I must admit...looks pretty damn sweet. Anyway, we grabbed our coats and an umbrella and headed up to his indoor teaching/instruction facility. And if I can make a little plug for their facilities...Pine Lakes has a covered/heated range that is open year round and Chris's teaching room has a large putting green, all kinds of different SeeMore putters, instruction gadgets, and two hitting mats for full lessons. It's really nice.

Anyway, Chris took down my info and then asked me to tell him about my putting routine and my overall putting philosophy. Chris broke this down and basically explained what we'd be doing that day in the form of 90% lesson which would result in a very easy 10% fitting for a specific putter. I'm going to say this a bunch of times, but you can tell that Chris really has a passion for the art putting and teaching it as well. His knowledge of everything putting was almost overwhelming at times, yet easy to comprehend overall. Chris instructed me to go ahead and putt a few balls while he took video from a few different angles with his iPad. All straight from about 10 feet, I believe I made a few missed a few, all awhile recalling other idiosyncrasies and mannerisms of my putting stroke/philosophy. After that, he pulled me aside and had me watch the video from the two angles: head on and from behind the ball. He drew a few lines noting that my stance, posture, eye line and everything at address were all great. He then hit play and said now watch...as I watched he said, "A few things that you thought you were doing, you're not." lol. What's that saying? The tape don't lie? My stroke was out-to-in; I thought it was straight back to straight thru with a little outside finish. The toe of the putter was up off the ground; I thought it was very close to flat. Short backswing and exaggerated follow-through. And my stroke was all arms and shoulders, instead of a good upper torso pendulum/triangle. And my grip would need a minor tweak...

After we got this all in tune, and all the adjustments to sync properly...I started seeing results. It's nice to have visual results right in front of you in the the form of a big black line on the ball, rolling end over end, near perfect and dropping in the hole most every time. I just kept putting and putting, every so often switching out different styles of SeeMore putters, while we kept talking about different things. Chris would throw in a "that was an awful stroke" every now and then, but equal them out with a few "perfect stroke". It was a very relaxed session and I felt good the entire time. I went in there with an open mind and was willing to try whatever works, and came out a better putter. Putting and putting, talking about this and that and switching in and out different putters. Now, albeit a fairly flat putting surface and only from 10ft, there were times where Chris would stop me and say, "You realize you just made like 5 in a row?" I would just laugh, having not realized it at all...focusing on the new stroke and getting that line to roll true. It was a feeling of pure unconscious putting.

Putting is a huge part of the game and I think it unfortunately overlooked by many, including myself. Chris even stated that he may give 500 or so full lessons per year, but maybe only a handful of putting lessons. My goal for this new year is to practice more and play less, and focus more on my short game, especially my putting. I think with this lesson and the minor adjustments, that I'm on the right track to start draining a lot more putts, and being fit for a SeeMore putter can only help to increase that chance.

Nice man. Glad you were able to get that done. The FGP is a great putter. I've messed around with it quite a few times in the store.

Great stuff Tnolan!

Great read Nol, I have some great news for myself as well.. I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Seemore Si3 :) I'm pretty excited I get to try this out next week in Maui so it should be a great trip making more putts ;) I hope to eventually get the copper inserts on a new Seemore one day but this is a great start out

Back