Correct golf ball

ODSTBRIGADIER

Reaction score
Handicap
Mid-High
What is a good golf ball for my snail-like swing speed of about 88mph (driver)?
I want a ball that has good distance off the tee and fights sidespin but has better spin around the green and a softish feel. Am i going on a wild goose chase?

Bridgestone E6+ sounds like it fits you ideally. If it is not spinny enough, try the Bridgestone B330RX or Srixon Z-Star.

Hey JB, your thoughts on the E 5's. My buddy plays with them & I did before switching to the B330RX

I like the E5+. Nice soft cover, but out of the E series, I prefer the E6+ because of the side spin reduction.

Isn't the R330 rx for swingspeeds of aroung 100 mph? Would i still get the benefit from using it? Currently I'm playing wahtever's in my bag but i have some sleeves of One vapors, pro v1s and burners. I'll defidently look at brigdestone though!

No, the B330RX is for slower swingspeeds. You can go to Bridgestonegolf.com and do an online fitting right at their site.

With an 88mph swing speed, you might even go for something along the lines of a Bridgestone TreoSoft or Srixon TriSpeed. They're designed for a little less clubhead speed but still perform quite well.

Oh, and while looking up the TriSpeed's specs, I noticed that Srixon now has an online ball fitting setup as well.

Id go with the Precept Distance iQ 180. Its a distance ball that is designed to resist sidespin.
The Bridgestone E6+ is another similar ball that would fit what you are looking for.
Another option would be the Top Flite D2 Straight. Those have a slippery coating that Callaway claims combats sidespin.

The Precept iQ180 is extremely similar to the Brigestone TreoSoft. The Srixon Soft/Feel feels remarkably similar to the TreoSoft as well (what my Pop plays)

I was fitted to the TreoSoft by Bridgestone's ball fitting service back in April. It fights sidespin even more than the E6+ from what they were telling me, and what the launch monitor was showing. I also picked up several yards off the tee with it over the E6+, and my current Nike Ignite; also according to the launch monitor. My driver swing speed was 93 mph in that fitting, IIRC.

Reactions: JB
Id go with the Precept Distance iQ 180. Its a distance ball that is designed to resist sidespin.
The Bridgestone E6+ is another similar ball that would fit what you are looking for.
Another option would be the Top Flite D2 Straight. Those have a slippery coating that Callaway claims combats sidespin.

Along the lines of the D2, give the D2 Feel a shot. Cheap as hell and they are my favorite over all of the premium balls.

Along the lines of the D2, give the D2 Feel a shot. Cheap as hell and they are my favorite over all of the premium balls.

I got a pack of them at a member guest. I haven't put them in play just yet but maybe I'll try them soon.

Just picked up a box of the Bridgestone E6+ today. Will give them a try tomorrow morning & see how it goes.

Dyna,
If I am correct, you are pretty straight off the tee, but like some extra spin, correct? If that is the case, I would not recommend them as much as say the B330RX or Srixon Z-stars. But am curious your thoughts. Hopefully Bridgestone or another company will do a ball fitting near you soon.

Typically I am pretty straight off the tee & almost never ever slice, occasionally I will hook one but that's just me screwing up. No real thought pattern behind trying these out other than I wanted something different.

Yeah, I agree about the e6+, great ball but you will lose some spin.

Back