100$ For A Driver

just out of curiosity...why am I the only one on this entire board that seems to like components?

In my case, its not that I don't like components, I just don't know enough about them to discuss them intelligently. Also, being a lefty, there is a limited selection out there for me. That holds true for name brands as well, but not as much it seems.

In my case, its not that I don't like components, I just don't know enough about them to discuss them intelligently. Also, being a lefty, there is a limited selection out there for me. That holds true for name brands as well, but not as much it seems.

I see alot if LH components. Usually more than RH actually. Call me crazy but I absolutely love going to the local Golf Galaxy and digging through the component head bin to see what I will find.

ok. I never see anyone discuss them on here. It always seems like it has to be brand names. I just built a pair of hybrids that cost me $10 each to build and like them way more than the 2 brand name hybrids I was using before. same with my current driver. Pulled the callaway for the component.

Component FAN here, although I fiddle with just about everything I get whether it's component or OEM. I like to tinker and do my own work so it don't cost me much either or should I say don't cost me much now. Had to spend some bucks to get what I felt was adiquate equipment to do the work.

OFvar - Have you looked at the selection at Callaway Pre Owned?

Pretty decent selection and very good prices.

ya i check that all the time! very good site, i use it often! and taylormadegolfpreowned.com is a good site as well, but im a TM/Adidas junkie :laugh:

Just seems to me that if you get a quality shaft with a component head, the costs are not that much lower than getting name brand product.

Just seems to me that if you get a quality shaft with a component head, the costs are not that much lower than getting name brand product.

Depends on where you buy. I buy 2nd hand shafts and heads out of BST sections of forums mostly. I Rarely have over $100 in any driver I have around.

You are not alone. I have component woods in my bag:clapp:
just out of curiosity...why am I the only one on this entire board that seems to like components?

Back