Does Tiger Have a Major Mental Block?

When you are coming off of a knee surgery like Tiger had, it takes at least a year before you knee has healed to the point where it work like it once did.
Yes, Tiger is somewhat lackluster right now, but he will be back.

When you are coming off of a knee surgery like Tiger had, it takes at least a year before you knee has healed to the point where it work like it once did.
Yes, Tiger is somewhat lackluster right now, but he will be back.

What?????? Tiger has won 3 tournaments this year & been in the mix in the others. Most players would kill for a season like he is having. Just managed to have a bad rd at a course he has never played before, no big deal as it happens to everyone.

I agree Dyna. He is having a GREAT season, just not Tiger like in some ways. The guy is human (allegedly) and is poised to be the favorite in every event he tees it up in.

As for crazydog, its not even worth it. BUt I did hear that Rory's jock is selling on ebay.

Why don't you just answer the question about why you hate the most prolific golfer in history? Instead of just casting aspersions from the sidelines. Come on Mr. Kenobe, state your prejudices.

I am not prejudiced,i just dont like him,the way he acts,throws clubs,swears,etc
Also seeing him in the flesh at close quarters doesnt change what i think of him,if anything it ingrains them,bye bye erkle dont hurry back.

I thought Jack was the most prolific,he does have the most majors,erkle is still 2nd best :joy::twist:

He also played in a whole lot more than Woods and his winning percentage was no where near what Woods' is. But that is a debate for another day.

On aside note, Jack had and still has NO personality and sounds more like Urkel than Woods ever did.

I am not prejudiced,i just dont like him,the way he acts,throws clubs,swears,etc
Also seeing him in the flesh at close quarters doesnt change what i think of him,if anything it ingrains them,bye bye erkle dont hurry back.

You do realize that if any of the other golfers had the cameras on them 24/7 like Tiger does you would see them toss clubs & swear also.

My wife made the remark that Tiger looked "cold", and might be coming down sick with something. :confused2:

I'm still rooting for the other TW.:clapp:

I agree Dyna. He is having a GREAT season, just not Tiger like in some ways. The guy is human (allegedly) and is poised to be the favorite in every event he tees it up in.

As for crazydog, its not even worth it. BUt I did hear that Rory's jock is selling on ebay.

I believe JB you got Tiger's Jock first on Ebay!!! Congratulations

Im not even a Tiger fan. I just understand greatness.

I believe JB you got Tiger's Jock first on Ebay!!! Congratulations

Great comeback:rolleyes:

And you bypassed the question, how did your boy Rory do??

What?????? Tiger has won 3 tournaments this year & been in the mix in the others. Most players would kill for a season like he is having. Just managed to have a bad rd at a course he has never played before, no big deal as it happens to everyone.

I think Bake just meant he's not playing like the Tiger we are used to.

Tiger Haters Explained

Tiger Haters Explained

Let me start by saying, I'm not a Tiger hater. I think he is the greatest golfer to ever live. That being said, his fan interaction is far less than desirable. Phil, whether you think it is an act or not, gets it. He talks, interacts, and inspires fans by his behavior on the course. Make no mistake, Tiger is great, but the game of golf gave him the life he enjoys. I think he is doing his tour a disservice by his attitude on the course. I'm sure this post will be vilified by Tiger lovers, but I've seen the attitude too many times in person. Sure he's the greatest, but it doesn't hurt to smile to your fans, does it?

I have met them bot under different circumstances, and you know what? You might be right in your statements. I have met Nicklaus also, and I'd have to file him in the middle. One thing to be sure. Don't underestamate what Tiger does for various childrens' charities :clapp:

Let me start by saying, I'm not a Tiger hater. I think he is the greatest golfer to ever live. That being said, his fan interaction is far less than desirable. Phil, whether you think it is an act or not, gets it. He talks, interacts, and inspires fans by his behavior on the course. Make no mistake, Tiger is great, but the game of golf gave him the life he enjoys. I think he is doing his tour a disservice by his attitude on the course. I'm sure this post will be vilified by Tiger lovers, but I've seen the attitude too many times in person. Sure he's the greatest, but it doesn't hurt to smile to your fans, does it?

I agree with what you said, but in a different kind of way. Tiger did get his life from golf. However golf got their life from Tiger. I thought Jack was the exact same way when I met him when I was younger and again 5 or so years ago. Greatness brings odd beings.

Most people are thinking of themselves as one fan who wants Tiger's attention, but in reality, he's dealing with thousands on a regular basis. Given his personality and the level of concentration he has when playing, I can understand why he doesn't interact with fans. I'm not sure why anyone really cares - aren't you really there to watch him play golf. On another note, I don't care if he curses or throws clubs either. That's all part of who he is.

If you have ever followed Tiger in person you will see that people are constantly trying to get his attention, and many are yelling at him constantly from tee to green. The amount of people following Tiger is always the biggest crowd on the gof course no matter who else is playing!! I can't believe he is able to play at the level he does in that environment. His concentration and focus on golf when he is competing is incredible, and I for one would rather see a guy play the game who is worried more about winning than connecting with the fans.

Tiger was hitting the ball sideways yesterday and I can understand why he was getting frustrated, but I do agree that he needs to learn how to keep it together a little better. His competitiveness is what has driven him all these years and hopefully he can keep his emotions a little better under control. For a guy that missed only his second cut in a major I will say that he was very composed during his post round interviews that I saw last night.

I thought Jack was the most prolific,he does have the most majors,erkle is still 2nd best :joy::twist:

I don't like that petulant side of him either. Makes him look like a spoiled brat, but he's the biggest draw golf has ever had and has provided some of the most exciting moments in golf ON A REGULAR BASIS.

AND let's wait to see what time will yield when it comes to a final major total. Truth be told he's on a faster track than Jack was at the same age.

Who's your favorite male tour player?

And by deduction, you must be constantly PO'd watching him win and win and win and win! Very frustrating viewing for you. :banana: Enjoy yourself while you can....you and I BOTH know he'll be back with a vengeance.

Last edited:
No, I don't think he has a majors mental block. He on rare ocassions plays poorly, and like anyone, that is more likely to occur at a major, which is the nature of majors. Regardless, he has won 14 of them; second only to Jack, in far less time. How can he be considered a poor majors player?

You are right WSE. Every major is looked at "Tiger vs the Field". No other player has ever been looked at like that including Jack. Some say its competition which I do not buy into.

I don't like that petulant side of him either. Makes him look like a spoiled brat, but he's the biggest draw golf has ever had and has provided some of the most exciting moments in golf ON A REGULAR BASIS.

AND let's wait to see what time will yield when it comes to a final major total. Truth be told he's on a faster track than Jack was at the same age.

Who's your favorite male tour player?

And by deduction, you must be constantly PO'd watching him win and win and win and win! Very frustrating viewing for you. :banana: Enjoy yourself while you can....you and I BOTH know he'll be back with a vengeance.

I dont have a favourite player,i enjoy the game,un like yourself once a certain person misses the cut :clapp: i will will still watch the remainder of the event. He isnt bigger than the game,although his supporters no doubt think otherwise.

He may be back then again maybe he is on the way down now,lets wait and see what happens,and if he is on the way down who gets your obsessive support next????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The ratings, sponsorships, viewers, and attendance say he is bigger than the game. Far from my favorite, but the Tiger bashers keep saying year after year that he is done. When he is done (which is not now or close) they will move on to someone else to hate.

He is working on his new swing and still learning to trust the knee.That will take time to adjust to.Major knee surgey affects you serverly.

I dont have a favourite player,i enjoy the game,un like yourself once a certain person misses the cut :clapp: i will will still watch the remainder of the event. He isnt bigger than the game,although his supporters no doubt think otherwise.

He may be back then again maybe he is on the way down now,lets wait and see what happens,and if he is on the way down who gets your obsessive support next????????????????????????????????????????????????????
\
I was like this with Nicklaus too. I've only glommed on to two golfers since I've been watching golf. With Jack it was a natural since I was at Ohio State at the same time he was. Used to talk to Jack in the pro shop. With Tiger I happened to be watching the US Amateur at Pumpkin Hollow (Ridge?) in 96. Tiger was 6 shots out starting the inward half and won! From that point on I became a Tiger fan and probably havent missed one televised swing of his since 96. Moral: someone will always come around to capture your imagination.

PS. Smart of you not to tell me who you follow on tour. I guess that was too transparent a setup!! :D

PPS. I watched today because Steve Marino lives up the road and Tom Watson would be an amazing winner. I only pretend not to be watching when Tiger is "out of sorts" (and the tournament.)

Back