what is the best driver you have come along/played?

I loved the look and feel of my Burner Superfast 09. Should have kept it. Hitting that thing square there was nothing like it!

Nice to see some love for the AMP cell in here already. Feb. can't come fast enough. The Bridgestone J40 has been the best driver I have spent any length of time with personally.

Nice to see some love for the AMP cell in here already. Feb. can't come fast enough. The Bridgestone J40 has been the best driver I have spent any length of time with personally.

I am looking forward to putting one of those in my hands, I think I can really benefit for a real low spinning driver

I am looking forward to putting one of those in my hands, I think I can really benefit for a real low spinning driver

It keeps me in the fairway more times than I deserve. Paired with the right shaft it is money.

Titleist 983E. Still use it. Haven't come across anything I can hit better or more consistently.

It keeps me in the fairway more times than I deserve. Paired with the right shaft it is money.

I love my Razr Fit, but I am told the J40 is even more low spinning.....not sure what shaft to go with...the Matrix Radix has treated me well...wish there was somewhere to hit that head with multiple shafts.

Razr Fit here too. Really solid piece

I haven't played a lot of drivers, but mine is probably the Titleist 907 D2

Original Burner Driver.

I hope to find it in 2013. Only had 4 drivers since I started playing 3 years ago, and havent found something I can trust every time I swing it. For stretches I'll have it down but just nothing I'[FONT=Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS]ve love enough to stick with.[/FONT]

Played TM drivers most of the time but absolutely love mt Cleveland Classic 270. Longest and most accurate. First time ever have had two drives over 300 yds...in the right fairwy:act-up:

Probably the TM R7 superquad. That baby was longer than train smoke. (or maybe I was long back then?)

Oh yeah, I would probably still be hitting it if the face hadn't cracked.

Last edited:
Callaway RAZR FIT & FT-iZ

Have tried most of the oldies and almost all the newer ones........none have what it takes to knock old reliable out of the bag............Titleist 905R

Probably not a very popular driver, but the Nike VR STR8fit absolutely BOMBED the ball with accuracy for me.

I have now had four drivers in my life time that were absolute go to clubs. Callway Warbird 10.5* in the 90s, Taylormade R7 TP early 2000s, R9 TP late 2000s and now my Nike VRS. I could and can pull it on any hole with confidence that I will be in play.

It has to be my current driver a R9 Supertri with Miyazaki kusala black shaft. I am so consistent with that driver. I will never get rid of it.

Ive really only spent some time with 3 drivers. By time I mean played with for a while. Not one or two swings. The R7, SF 2.0 and the J40. I have found more fwys than you can imagine with this driver. I'm really looking forward to spending time with the Amp cell tho.

Srixon Z-star Driver is the best I've tried so far. Great feel.

Cleveland Classic
PING Rapture V2

As a 50 year old 11 hcp who has ben losing a few yards each year, I am happy to say the Cobra Amp Cell has sparked my game again, I set it at 9.5 draw with fuel 60g stiff shaft. Added 25 yards over my old razr fit, slice is gone (I actually can pull off a slight draw now) I tried all the hype drivers and the lowly Cobra won out hands down. P.S- I went with the Orange and I think that has added another 5 yrds :)

Probably the TM R7 superquad. That baby was longer than train smoke. (or maybe I was long back then?)

Oh yeah, I would probably still be hitting it if the face hadn't cracked.

I second this vote and mine suffered the same fate. I have been searching for a replacement that feels the same ever since. I'm thinking the upgraded TP shaft was the key in making it long and straight for me.

As a 50 year old 11 hcp who has ben losing a few yards each year, I am happy to say the Cobra Amp Cell has sparked my game again, I set it at 9.5 draw with fuel 60g stiff shaft. Added 25 yards over my old razr fit, slice is gone (I actually can pull off a slight draw now) I tried all the hype drivers and the lowly Cobra won out hands down. P.S- I went with the Orange and I think that has added another 5 yrds :)

Cobra Amp Cell for me too. I've never been more consistent off the tee.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Cobra L4V X Speed. Once you reshafted that club it was an absolute beast. Still as long or longer than anything I've hit and the sound let you know you just hit a nuclear bomb.

3 way tie, Cobra ZL, Adams 9088UL, TM RBZ Stage 2.

Back