Wilson Staff D-100 Iron Preview

I actually like the looks of these. If they feel anything like the Di11's then they should do well.

I do find it interesting that it appears Wilson went away from the fat shafts in these.

It just looks like the red was an afterthought. Like they were done and some 8 year old said it needs more color and threw some red in there.

This was my first thought. Hope it is just the picture.

I really like the look of the cavity for some reason. How the red flows with the design

I rather like the understated look of these - it seems like many manufacturers are letting their graphic designers go a little crazy lately.

The look of these don't seem too bad to me and I really find myself drawn more and more to this brand. Not sure if that's from the solid reviews here, this companies marketing direction, or a combination of the two, but very interested.

I've liked seeing an apparent increase in Wilson Staff advertising. Especially the latest commercial I saw with Padraig.

The D-100 line looks nice, might be worth a shot.

I bet your in the minority with that thought

TapaTalk from the iPhone
Bingo. I'd venture to say the vast majority would call them extremely underrated. Their hybo's are some of the best out each year consistently and the Ci irons have been extreme workhorses. W/S just doesn't have the advertising power that the others do, sad but true.

I do find it interesting that it appears Wilson went away from the fat shafts in these.

Yep, and it will be interesting to see how that affects their performance compared to the Di11's. I know some people were/are anti-fat shaft, for difficulty in bending, swapping shafts, etc.

I added the Di11's to the bag this past season, and they were really terrific for me. Switched from G15's, and I hit the Di11's straighter and longer, some (perhaps a lot) of which I would attribute to the shafts. The uniflex steel fat shafts simply work for me, and the Di11's should be in my bag next season.

Wouldn't turn down the chance to try out the D100's, but therein lies a bit of Wilson Staff's problem--that will likely be difficult, especially as a lefty.

I was set to buy the Di11 until I found the Di9 irons on sale as they were the runout model. Back to back and being new to golf I went with the Di9 as I couldn't tell a massive difference, and I love them. I can really feel the fat shaft resisting twisting, my common miss is in the toe.

Not being able to adjust the lie angle was a pain but my local clubmaker is extending the shafts due to my height which will effectively make them toe up so hopefully that helps.

i really have liked wilsons irons in the past but i'm not digging the huge red shield on these look wise. but i doubt i'll see them in person no one around me carrys Wilson Staff clubs.

i really have liked wilsons irons in the past but i'm not digging the huge red shield on these look wise. but i doubt i'll see them in person no one around me carrys Wilson Staff clubs.

I checked out a higher resolution pic, and they looked a lot better.

D-100 Iron 2Club Hero.jpg

I have the D11s, they have worked great for me this past year.
I will be giving the D100 irons a hot as soon as I get my hands on them.

Still gaming the Di11's. My first thought on seeing the D-100 was that they looked almost exactly like the Burner 2.0 irons. I'll keep the Di11's in the bag.

The shield reminds me of how they used to seal letters in the old days with melted Wax and a stamp press

One of my local courses is supposed to try and get wilson staff out for a demo day. I hope they do as I'd really like to give their stuff a try!

Anybody tried the D100 series yet. Irons, hybrids, drivers etc..
Love the Ci9s and want to know if I should consider a switch. I did not by the Ci11s as I felt they were very similar to the Ci9s.
Yes.
If I had not already bought driver, hybrids and irons from last year's Wilson line, I would have bought the D-100
set. I bought a 5-wood, it is a beast, long and easy to use.

Update on Wilson Staff D-100 Irons

Update on Wilson Staff D-100 Irons

Hi Guys.
I just wanted to update you on my new D-100 Wilson staff Irons. I have posted earlir about my love of Wilson Staff irons but let me tell you, the D-100 irons are FNTASTIC. I have gained about 10 to 15 yards of distance over my C-9's. But the best part of them is the forgivingness of the club.
I have been outside quite a bit over the last two weeks and have fell in love with them. If anyone is questioning if they should try them..... PLEASE take a look.

How are the stock steel shafts on these? 85grams seems very light, but I'm looking to go this route to make the game easier and less stressful on my body.

I hit the 6i in regular flex at golf smith yesterday, and it seems like a pretty solid club would like to see what a stiff shaft is like since I was barely swinging the regular shaft.

How are the stock steel shafts on these? 85grams seems very light, but I'm looking to go this route to make the game easier and less stressful on my body.

85 grams are what all the manufacturers are starting to go to in steel. I hit the D100s in the graphite and in steel and both felt pretty good. The steel was very stable and I could always tell where the clubhead was during my swing. Of course I'm used to 85 gram shafts since that's what I have in my Burner 1.0s. The D100s were super easy to hit. I actually liked the 65gram Matrix Studio graphite shafts as well. If you have somewhere that you can demo these, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

85 grams are what all the manufacturers are starting to go to in steel. I hit the D100s in the graphite and in steel and both felt pretty good. The steel was very stable and I could always tell where the clubhead was during my swing. Of course I'm used to 85 gram shafts since that's what I have in my Burner 1.0s. The D100s were super easy to hit. I actually liked the 65gram Matrix Studio graphite shafts as well. If you have somewhere that you can demo these, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Thanks! Yea I had the burner 1.0s with the stock 85 gram shafts but now I've moved to the usual s300s which are much heavier. I can't recall what those burner shafts felt like but my swing was abominable back then. I shall demo!

What do you think compared to your Ci11s?

I think they were easier to launch and seemed to be more forgiving. I was hitting them off the mat and didn't hit them side by side either. Distance was pretty good but hard to tell how close w/D100 being a reg flex. But I'd say they would be comparable and within a club or so of my Ci's would like to get them outside and see for sure.

Next time I'm there I will take in my Ci's for comparison.

Back