Gloves, do yours fit like.....

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I wonder how many of use are wearing the proper size glove. I bought my dad cadet medium for Christmas and he was astonished that they fit so well. You know, like a glove. He had been wearing a men's large, how does this happen? There is so much play in gloves that don't fit. Do you have gloves that fit? How do you know?

I wear mediums, which are a bit too big. A small is too small, and it's near impossible to find small cadet in RH. So my gloves are usually too big.

I wonder how many of use are wearing the proper size glove. I bought my dad cadet medium for Christmas and he was astonished that they fit so well. You know, like a glove. He had been wearing a men's large, how does this happen? There is so much play in gloves that don't fit. Do you have gloves that fit? How do you know?

I was always taught they should be skin-tight.

I got fitted to one of the FJ hand measurements about 6 months ago. I am a Medium Large and will always buy that size.

I think Trout Bum had a thread similar to this a while back, as well.

One thing I did was use the fitting thing they have at Golfsmith. I had always worn an XL, but after using that realized that an L would give me a more snug, tighter fit. It was odd at first wearing a tighter glove, but I dont know how I wore a loose glove prior to changing.

When I was doing some Christmas shopping, I saw a Footjoy (or maybe Bionic) glove sizer doohicky in the Dick's Pro Shop area.... kind of like the shoe size thingamabobbers. I decided to check it out for giggles while I was there.

It recommended a ML for me, but I've been wearing plain old Larges. Next time I look for gloves, I'm planning to make the change, because I do hate when a glove starts to feel loose and bunchy.

Cadet large. I love the feeling of a brand new glove. When it is tight across the back of my hand.

I also write SYSD on my glove. "Slow Your S__t Down".

I wear mediums, which are a bit too big. A small is too small, and it's near impossible to find small cadet in RH. So my gloves are usually too big.

Have you tried a women's glove? No being funny, It may work.

i love my Vision Gloves they are mostly elastic type and other high tech material and stretch really well they are by far the best fitting and comfortable glove i have ever used. i don't see me ever switching back to anything else. they just fit better than leather for me. i always kinda had trouble finding gloves that fit well so i know what you mean i always had to try them on before and sizing was always different on what fit me well.

I'm not sure I've ever tried cadet. I used to just buy a large but went to a ML and I love the fit

I love how I got all technical with those industry terms....

In my experience, gloves, like shoes and all other clothing, sizes run differently from company to company. I wear medium in Taylormade but Large in an Adidas. Medium large in Nikes...

surely they had them at the PGA SS

Didn't look for women's gloves there. A actually didn't find any small cadet RH gloves though. So I got 2 mediums.

Cadet XL Footjoy WeatherSof

In my experience, gloves, like shoes and all other clothing, sizes run differently from company to company. I wear medium in Taylormade but Large in an Adidas. Medium large in Nikes...

Not doubting you but I have never had that issue. I also try on a few before buying to get the snuggest fit.

I will open the packaging in the store and buy the smallest one I can get my hand in. I hate a loose glove, and hate how much they usually stretch out.

I wear a regular large glove. I've been gaming the same Titleist glove for several months, and it has surprisingly held up really well. I keep thinking that I should replace it, but it keeps working well.

I wear my gloves a little lose. It's not sliding around, but it's no where near tight.

My glove fits extremely tight. When I buy them, I can only get the velcro half closed. By the end of my first round with a new glove, it closes entirely. This is how I was taught to purchase and I have never changed. I agree with the post that stated different manufactures gloves all fit different, so don't buy without trying it on.

I love the feeling of a brand new glove. I have a tendency to wear them till they're nasty and always scratch my head wondering why I put up with it when I put a new one on. I typically go with xl but have had to squeeze into a large or two if I'm out and the clubhouse doesn't have any xl's.

I believe I wear a cadet large. I too try on the glove before I buy them. Every package that I pick up to buy, the glove goes on my hand before I hit the register. I have run across gloves identified correctly but were not cut correctly and were actually to large.

Switch to Cadet Large after some people made fun of me in a review lol. I always just assumed I was a standard large. I got the right size by using a FJ sizing chart after getting over my shame.

I got fitted to one of the FJ hand measurements about 6 months ago. I am a Medium Large and will always buy that size.

Yeah, I did one of the FootJoyn things awhile back and I had always worn XL and it told me to wear a Large...so I bought one and I like it!

Footjoy GT's in medium-large fit me about perfectly. Not a problem finding them either.

Back