The 2009 Open Championship [spoilers]

awesome open...I was pulling for watson so much...but loved seeing cink get his first major. 2 extremely classy players.

ProV1 Kenobe was a steward. Any inside scoop that wasn't shown on TV? I love gossip - even golf gossip.

:banghead:...Am I the only one who wants to this while listening to Azinger? I can not stand his commentating and I am glad that he does not do it often.

Also, I got a huge laugh out of watching the final 2 holes in the packed clubhouse at our club when Westwood hit his first putt on 18 for birdie....everyone was yelling at the TV for it to keep going, keep going, keep going. Then everyone cheered when he missed the par putt. Just funny.

He's bad, but I will take him over Faldo or JM anytime.

One more thought here...any else see this similarity? And I like his belt....but someone get him some hair trimmers, it looks like the rough at Turnberry.
chris-wood_782626c.jpg

EarnhardtJr_08.jpg

Actually, he reminds me of a young John Cook.

if somehow tiger was exempt from cuts and he had played today i would have fully expected him to shot par or better which would put him <+5....+5 is now somewhere in the middle of the field after today :bulgy-eyes:

Why would or should anyone ever be exempt from cuts?

If he had made one less putt, then he would have made the cut. I don't understand that statement at all.

Coulda shoulda woulda.

I wish Watson would have taken a 9 iron out instead of the 8 on 18. What a bummer ending to what would have been arguably the greatest sports achievement ever.

It was still remarkable what he did, but in the end, it's just another coulda shoulda woulda.

WATSON YOU HAD IT!!!! Something was iffy when he decided to putt from that lie on 18. Knew it wouldn't work.

Good for Stuart Cink. I was rooting for Watson, but now that I think about it I'm glad Stuart did it. This will change his life.

WATSON YOU HAD IT!!!! Something was iffy when he decided to putt from that lie on 18. Knew it wouldn't work.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder what was going through his mind that he pulled the putter out for that shot...

Anybody else catch the tribute to Tom Watson at the conclusion of the playoff?? I like the "thanks for being a gentleman in the game when playing good or not, even if some have forgot how (show scene of tiger slamming a club on bad shot) I loved it!!! Great work by ESPN and ABC!!

I didn’t watch the conclusion to The Open until late last night. When I saw the cut at Tiger I couldn’t believe my eyes. To me there are three ways to look at what ABC/ESPN did; it was either a) stupid b) gutsy or c) both stupid and gutsy. I think it will be interesting if any stories of retribution come from that piece.

Back