I let up tonight...

scooterguitar

Slacker and Whiner
Reaction score
Handicap
3-8perhole
Right, wrong, or?
IN league, I was getting several strokes today.
I casually know my older opponent and like him, good old boy.
I was swinging pretty well, basically shooting par.
I felt bad...but because of all the nights I was doing well.
I let up the last several holes mentally, since it was basically over after 5.
Now I am kicking myself because I shoulda just did it and tried to break par!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Only reason I'm posting this is that this makes the second time i've let up for the same reason:bomb:

Please discuss...and no, it is not for $, braggin rights (in league), or possible place we'll finish (as we started so bad, nothing could help us now!) Fun league with lots of beer.

Wow, Scooter, you have GOTTEN A LOT BETTER in the 7 months since we played if you were shooting even par. Great job.

You sure the beer didn't have something to do with it...AKA comfortable.:D

Ha, yep JB. I'm doing really well. I spend many, many hours at the range with two friends/instructors, am playing a few rounds a week with excellent golfers (which helps so much IMO), and get to play about 4 rounds on the weekend at out league course. It helps as it is an easy course to go really low on too:>)

LB, yep, good ole' beer!

That is amazing though Scooter. To go to even par from where you were. Congrats. Next time we will be competing I guess.

Well, my best was/is one over, so the above is why I was sorta mad I let up some last night after thinking about it.
Most courses I'm happy in the high 80's. Still have those killer two blowup holes and stupid minor errors that flair up keeping me from actually being consistenly decent. My goal is next year to be low 80's all the time.

That is an amazing improvement. Is it a par 72? High 80s is still an improvement over when you were down here, so I am so happy to see that all the work has paid off.

That is an amazing improvement. Is it a par 72? High 80s is still an improvement over when you were down here, so I am so happy to see that all the work has paid off.

The suspense is killing me!!! How bad was he down there??!!!!:laughing:

...OK, just kidding...:golf2: Way to swing Scooter!!!:thumb:

I was baaaad! Think I was around 100.

It depends what people think is bad and what "around" means...hehe

Yeah, the "around" did have many liberties!

nah, this course is only a short 9 hole goat track, par is 34. Three par 3's, one par 5, the rest are pretty easy 4's. I'm 95% of the time within 9 or pw off the tee. Lately been switching it up playing a hybrid or such from the tees just to be able to hit longer irons.

There are two sorta "hard" holes, but those are usually my favs.

Back