Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

Diane

Reaction score
There are probably a dozen threads on this, but I'm too lazy to look. A few questions.
  1. Have you ever been hit by a golf ball?
  2. Have you ever hit anyone with a golf ball?
  3. Have you ever hit anything else - car, clubhouse, etc?
  4. Have you ever been in a fight on the course?
I have been hit 3 times - the first one asked me how far I thought his ball would have gone if I hadn't stopped it.

I've never hit a person, but have hit into someone's open trunk in the parking lot and hit a clubhouse once. Nothing broke either time.

I've never been in a fight - anywhere.

Why thank you Craig, but you didn't answer my questions.

Why thank you Craig, but you didn't answer my questions.

You're right I just saw the thread title and it was worthy....

To answer your questions.

1. Yes, in the middle of the back by a woman who hit one dead right off the toe of her club. Left a mark....
2. No
3. Definitely yes, Clubhouse, Maintainence Shack, 10th tee Snack Shack, Houses, Cars, Golf Carts, Trash Cans, Tee Markers, Electrical Boxes, you name it... I've hit it!
4. Define Fight....

- I've never been hit - although 2 of my playing partners have – luckily neither was hurt. :D

- I've never hit anyone with a ball (If I do lose a ball left or right - I'm more than happy to yell FORE!!!!) I follow that up with a face to face apology. :angel:

- I did hit a club house once - it was 15 yards behind the 9th green and I sculled a wedge - WOW - what a sound.......

- I've gotten into a few arguments on the golf course but never anything physical. Its golf - I'm here for a good time...... :blob:

1. Not on accident, and not that was hit by a club, but rather thrown by a smart alec friend that thought it'd be funny. (I got him back by giving him salt to put in his tea, instead of sugar; one childish prank deserves another)
  2. No, never hit another person. I've come mighty close though. Usually when chipping up onto a green where my partners are waiting. My poor doggie has had a few bounced of her head when she was fetching chips for me in the yard.
  3. I've hit a couple of cars, several houses, a pool (once on purpose), a turtle, a goose, several golf carts, telephone poles, telephone boxes, sprinkler control box, port-a-potty and I'm sure I'm forgetting other random objects I've hit
  4. Never been in a fight on the golf course. Been in plenty of others though. Funny, I haven't been in a fight since I quit drinking, but have had a gun drawn on me (not on a golf course)

1 . Have you ever been hit by a golf ball? Yes, by my uncle, who skulled his pitch over a green as I was walking to my ball on the other side. Left me a nice souvenir of my first golf outing in Hawaii!

2. Have you ever hit anyone with a golf ball? Yes - the course ranger, who was driving up to the tee as I was teeing off, on the right side. His fault of course, but he wasn't hurt.

3. Have you ever hit anything else - car, clubhouse, etc? Yes, quite a few trees!

Nope, but have come close a few times.

1. No, never been hit. I've dodged a few over the years, and had people hit up on me but never actually been hit by one.

2. Thankfully, no. I have hit my fair share the wrong direction, but never been unlucky enough to hit a person.

3. I've hit plenty of houses - usually on the roof off the tee. Nothing else that I can think of though, unless you count the cart/tractor at the driving range. :devil:

4. No, never been in a fight on the course.

1. Have you ever been hit by a golf ball? No, but one hit a branch about 3 inches from my head, it had been hit by a driver. No shout of fore despite me only being 10 yards from the green i was about to chip onto. I finnished up and moved on before they arrived. As i was ready to tee one up and let rip at the idiot! Numourous other more humourous occasions where it has come close, particularly from chipping frieds where i have had to duck out of the way!
  2. Have you ever hit anyone with a golf ball? No. Come averagely close though, one rolled through a two ball about 325 yards away. I didnt shout fore as i normally dont hit it that far....but there was a very strong wing behind. I apologised profusely. Thankfully they were understanding.
  3. Have you ever hit anything else - car, clubhouse, etc? as already said...trees! other than that i hit a golf cart once with a 3 wood off the tee. No damage.
  4. Have you ever been in a fight on the course? No. But had to walk away a few times (see above).

1. Have you ever been hit by a golf ball? - Luckily, no.
2. Have you ever hit anyone with a golf ball? - At the range once I hit a really bad shot and the ball kind of bounced and landed in the big pile of balls I had on the ground next to me, that cause them to all go flying everywhere, and one actually took flight and hit the rear end of the person in front of me. I felt terrible about that, thank goodness they were a good sport.
3. Have you ever hit anything else - car, clubhouse, etc? - I hit a shot once that hit the cart path and then bounced back up and hit a golf cart full of golfers. It didn't actually hit any of the people but it sure put the fear of death into them for a moment.
- nope, but there have been a few times where I have been tempted to hit someone with a club. :stickbeat:

1. Yes a couple of times and several close calls. The scariest close call was a dead right shank that went right between me and another guy at head level. It was in our Saturday men's league and we were standing about 10 yards to the right and slightly behind the guy. We to this day have not figured out how he did it. He had no clue where his ball went.

2. Not really. only with a putt on the foot.

3. Definately, my favorits seems to be golf carts for some reason. During our cross country tournament I have also hit the clubhouse, swimming pool and cart barn (if they didn't want them hit they should not have made the hole go over them or near them.)

4. Nope but have had some heated words

There are probably a dozen threads on this, but I'm too lazy to look. A few questions.
  1. Have you ever been hit by a golf ball?
  2. Have you ever hit anyone with a golf ball?
  3. Have you ever hit anything else - car, clubhouse, etc?
I have been hit 3 times - the first one asked me how far I thought his ball would have gone if I hadn't stopped it.

I've never hit a person, but have hit into someone's open trunk in the parking lot and hit a clubhouse once. Nothing broke either time.

I've never been in a fight - anywhere.

1. No

2. No

3. Do houses count? I've hit plenty of stuff on the course, shelters, snack shacks, etc. If it's on the course than it has to expect that it's going to whacked occasionally. The only thing I can think of off the course are a few houses (never broken a window).

4. No

- nope, but there have been a few times where I have been tempted to hit someone with a club. :stickbeat:

translation:

someone = JB

translation:

someone = JB

LMAO!! We are normally pretty civil to each other when we play. The only time I don't like to play with JB is when he is having a bad round, because I know he just wants to be done and then I feel rushed.

No I was actually thinking of a time I was at the range warming up before a round and this man kept watching me and it was really bothering me. Then I hit a terrible shot and he started laughing and pointing at me. Then to make matters worse he had the audacity to come over and try and tell me what I was doing wrong. He was so lucky that I didn't take my club and beat him over the head with it.

no no yes no

1. I have been hit once. Stranger I was paired with hit a short chip and managed a "hosel rocket" into my chest. Didn't hurt, just startled me. He was embarrassed and kept apologizing.

2. Never hit anyone, but I came close once. It scared me pretty bad. I always try to be careful, I keep in mind that killing someone is just not worth the few seconds (or even minutes) you would have to wait for them to clear.

3. I have hit the clubhouse. I think I told the story here. It is funny if it wasn't you it happened to.

4. I have come close to a fight. The Course Pro saw these guys hit into me while I was on the green and saw me start down the fairway after them. He got between us in a cart or someone would have gone to the hospital, maybe both of us.

#1. Yes, 3 times, once by my Grandson.

#2 NO, wanted too, but no.

#3 Yes, yes, and yes. probably will again in the future

#4 On the course, No. Could have, should have, but no. Parking lot, yes. A guy tried to mug me.

Yeah, I had just finished a round of golf. I think he was lost, and thought he was in a Wal-Mart parking lot. :banana:
The golf course parking lot?

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No, but I have witnessed one. :beat-up:

I've hit anything hitable! When I first started playing it was at a Muni course whose first hole ran along side a busy thouroughfare. When you looked at the first hole the street was on the left, so my stong right side got me into all kinds of trouble. (imagine a sky hook hitting the street and bouncing "who knows where." Accross the street were these gorgeous homes! I broke a house window, a car window, stopped traffic and almost got killed running down the street after my ball. Yes, I've hit it all, but have never been hit or hit anyone.....that I know of!!

Yes while sitting in golf cart guy hit by a low line drive, left a mark and a dent on my head LOL it's funny now it was not then.

Came close once, was playing with the president of a company I use to work for. Had a chip from about 25 yards of the green, caught that ball wrong no doubt it was about 12" off the ground and moving at a high rate of speed, never seen an old guy move as fast as he did. Lucky he did not get hit and plus even luckier he laugh about it said remind me to never stand in you line of fire again.

Hit a club house and a house next to the course.

Fight on the course no. Of the course let's not dig into the past. LOL

1. Yes. I was standing beside the cart path to the left of the teebox, and slightly ahead of a player I was paired with. I learned to never stand ahead of a player, regardless of how far to the side I am! He hit a low duck hook with a driver that hit me in the right tricep. Bruised, but no permanent damage.
2. No, but close.
3. Definitely. I guess I haven't hit a car.
4. No.

Yes hit a tree once ,ball came back and hit me,so I guess that being hit and hitting someone.Hit my cart once I think that's 2 strokes.No fights (YET)

Back