Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

I have hit 2 houses & 1 car.
Never been hit by a ball & never hit anyone...yet.

Have you ever been hit by a golf ball?
Yes, once on the Range. The woman hit the ball off the metal divider they put between people bounced up and hit me in the head. I found out I knew the woman from and old job. Kind of an awkward way to introduce herself.

Have you ever hit anyone with a golf ball?
Not yet.

Have you ever hit anything else - car, clubhouse, etc?
More roofs than I can count, a car once, and one time into a wedding behind the 18th green. Right down the aisle.

Have you ever been in a fight on the course?
Not on the course.

Have you ever been hit by a golf ball?
Yes, once on the Range. The woman hit the ball off the metal divider they put between people bounced up and hit me in the head. I found out I knew the woman from and old job. Kind of an awkward way to introduce herself.

Have you ever hit anyone with a golf ball?
Not yet.

More roofs than I can count, a car once, and one time into a wedding behind the 18th green. Right down the aisle.

Have you ever been in a fight on the course?
Not on the course.

hilarious, ... hope you used a white ball. yellow just wouldnt look right!

We were at a wedding on the lawn of the 18th green at Pebble Beach last September. People were finishing their rounds throughout the whole ceremony. I whispered to Jacqui that it would be hard for me not to holler "FORE!" just for fun if I were coming up the 18th and a wedding was going on!

We were at a wedding on the lawn of the 18th green at Pebble Beach last September. People were finishing their rounds throughout the whole ceremony. I whispered to Jacqui that it would be hard for me not to holler "FORE!" just for fun if I were coming up the 18th and a wedding was going on!

hahaha, that would have been classic!! I'm sure your girl didn't find that too funny though....

1. yep on the back of my thigh and I still dont know where the ball came from.
2. not yet
3. If its on the course I have hit it. Once I hit the railroad tee maker of the tees in front of me and it bounced from there to the trash can and then to the cart with my playing partner sitting in it. So a nice three for one.
4. On the course...no lets not go into the rest.

There are probably a dozen threads on this, but I'm too lazy to look. A few questions.
  1. Have you ever been hit by a golf ball?
  2. Have you ever hit anyone with a golf ball?
  3. Have you ever hit anything else - car, clubhouse, etc?
  4. Have you ever been in a fight on the course?
I have been hit 3 times - the first one asked me how far I thought his ball would have gone if I hadn't stopped it.

I've never hit a person, but have hit into someone's open trunk in the parking lot and hit a clubhouse once. Nothing broke either time.

I've never been in a fight - anywhere.

1) Close
2) Close
3) Have hit a car, and clubhouse 3 times, into the glass.
4) No

Must have been an expensive wedding, which tells me the bride or groom may have been asking for a "mulligan" within a few years. It always seems to me that the longevity of the marriage is inversely proportional to the amount of money spent on the wedding.:D

Have you ever been hit by a golf ball? Yes, I was sitting in the cart and a line drive caught me in the shin, felt like crying like a little girl..

Have you ever hit anyone with a golf ball? Nope, at least not to my knowledge.

Have you ever hit anything else - car, clubhouse, etc? Plenty of my shots have hit a roof or a screen enclosure, never a clubhouse and more trees than I care to remember.

Have you ever been in a fight on the course? No, and I don't ever want to be. I golf with some friends who are hotheads and they always seem like they're eager to smash someone with a golf club. Not me, there's too much harm to be inflicted over a few seconds of anger.

Although I served a couple of years in the Marines, I consider myself a pacifist :)

Must have been an expensive wedding, which tells me the bride or groom may have been asking for a "mulligan" within a few years. It always seems to me that the longevity of the marriage is inversely proportional to the amount of money spent on the wedding.:D

I don't know exactly how much (the mother of the bride would tell my wife if she asked), but I wouldn't be surprised if it was WELL over $50,000. Six figures would probably be more likely, seeing what the reception looked like! But a mulligan would surprise everyone; they have been together for like seven or eight years. And the bride is now 11 weeks pregnant, so I'm sure my wife will have to be heading out there for the shower and everything.

When I played with Ty and v3.0 a few weeks ago - Ty played from the tips. I was too lazy to walk back on a couple of holes and stood to the right side because if he didn't hit straight, he hit left so I felt safe. I know it's probably foolish because anyone can hit anywhere, but I tend to have more faith that a better golfer won't hit me. Of course if they do - that ball is going to have a lot more power behind it.

1. Have you ever been hit by a golf ball? Yes. I had one run up the back of my leg when I was over a hill and the hitter (the dude) could not see the hittee (me and my left leg). It didn't hurt and I tossed the ball where it would have gone had I not been in its way. The guy was super apologetic and I just laughed and told him it was cool and not to worry. Another time I almost ate it, I was letting a group of riders play through and I walked off the fairway and watched them hit. They yelled fore, and I stood still and covered my head and other vital areas. The ball landed about two feet from me which made me laugh the, "I am still alive!" laugh. I had a good laugh with them when they reached me.

2. Have you ever hit anyone with a golf ball? Nope, hope I never do. So far so good.

3. Have you ever hit anything else - car, clubhouse, etc? Trees, cart path (damage to the ball), bad slice onto the chipping range.
4. Have you ever been in a fight on the course? No, I am pretty laid back, but my friend has stopped me from express delivering a ball back after the second time they hit into us (We were behind people so we were not keeping a slower pace). I confronted them afterward, but the guy could have wrapped me into a pretzel, plus I think he could not see very well.

No
Not that I'm aware of
Yes (sometimes intentionally)
No

-JP

Back