OFvar

The Drive to Win
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been a big taylormade guy for a while now, but everytime i see this ad i really wonder.......

does anybody actually believe this? :confused2:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru2hEarRxD4[/YOUTUBE]

I have been a big taylormade guy for a while now, but everytime i see this ad i really wonder.......

[YOUTUBE]Ru2hEarRxD4[/YOUTUBE]

only the characters after the = sign.

[YOUTUBE]Ru2hEarRxD4[/YOUTUBE]

There ya go Ofvar.

EDIT: Harry beat me again!

only had you by two minutes! :alien2:

but 25 yards? come on now faldo!

Well yeah... they are 9* lower lofted than his actual set!

Kidding..but idk whether to believe that or not. However, I tried a Burner iron at the range briefly once, and it definitely went further. How much I do not know, but there was distance increase.

Well, for one, the shafts on the Burner irons are longer than other TM irons and other OEM's irons. About 1/3" IIRC.

i think i heard something about a burner 4=anyotheriron 3...so that might have something to do with it

or he has just been playing lefty :confused2:

It is all over the place in the market now. Look at driver shafts. They keep making them longer to claim the longest driver on the market. Similar to Nickent strong lofting their newest hybrids.

i think i heard something about a burner 4=anyotheriron 3...so that might have something to do with it

or he has just been playing lefty :confused2:

They've been doing this for years. Why do you think a Gap Wedge is a relatively new club? Because it used to be a Pitching Wedge.

ya i noticed the driver lengths, because i was demoing the 09burner and tour burner...the 09 was noticeably longer

sad that people are sacrificing much needed accuracy for minimal added distance :bad:

We will see if that is true in our article coming next week comparing 45" and 44" drivers.

took the words out of my mouth!!!

you THPs' are extremely on-the-ball people :clap:

Tried out the Burners in the launch monitor at Golf Galaxy. I also tried the Titliest AP2 and TM R7's... did not notice any significant distance increase with the Burners. I ended up buying the R7's, but returned them for credit and went back to forged blades. Just could not get the consistency I am used to with the cavity back clubs. I was left/right/left/right???

I may be off base on this but considering the popularity of TM drivers and irons, are their putters not very good? The only pros I can think of using them are O'Hair and Sergio. I think the Rossa's and Kia Ma's are nice looking flat sticks but it doesn't appear that a lot of pros use them. Seems like Scotty and Odysseys are the main co.'s in use on tour?

There putters are very good. There are quite a few more using them, but keep in mind that the Kia Ma line has not been around all that long with Taylormade marketing it. Give it a little more time and you will see more of them i am sure.

Back