Is the burner 09 a "geometric" driver? (kinda off topic, sorry)

492749517_MdSyD-M.jpg

I like my FT-i, works pretty darn well & I think the head is smaller looking than my Burner.

I will be going through the testing of a Dym STR-8 and Dymo2 STR-8 head 2 head in the next week or so. I have never been a fan of square drivers but since fixing my iron game my driver game can be erratic. If it helps me avoid a couple of strokes a round from keeping balls just in the rough instead of the trees or in the fairway or first cut instead of the rough I would swing a garbage can on a stick.

Now the look of my irons is a completely different situation.

I have yet to hit a square driver but am definitely intrigued. When I pick one up at a store and look down at the head it doesn’t bother me at all. In fact a square shape seems like a natural shape for a driver in my opinion.

Oh yeah, those Nike cci Irons.....

clones of the best irons ever made, Hogan Apex Edge.

Not that my Avatar or witb creates any predjudice. :D

Just heard on the Golf Channel that Glover and Cink won the last two majors with a square driver.

Just heard on the Golf Channel that Glover and Cink won the last two majors with a square driver.

Please read the original post in this thread. That is what the article was about.

I think you're a day late hearing the news or maybe TGC is. JB posted the article yesterday.

I'm apparently a day late. To be honest I didn't bother reading the first post (rather long) and I just jumped in on the topic of square drivers. But I've been set straight.

Just picked up a Dymo Squared for demo (10.5* and regular shaft ... pretty whippy coming from a stiff shafted FT-5). I will be going to the range AND playing in a charity tournament tomorrow. Depending on how the early range session goes, I may or may not use the Dymo in the tourney.

Will let everyone know how it goes ...

OK, hit the Dymo Squared today. Overall, I liked it. The 10.5* combined with the Regular shaft caused a ball flight that was WAY too high for me, so it was a bit hard to evaluate.

I would say I hit it slightly straighter than my FT-5. The ball flight didn't give me any accurate distance distinctions. The head shape and aerodynamics didn't give me any problems at all and, at address, I actually like the shape.

At this point, I wouldn't run out to replace my FT-5 with this club, but it definitely the real deal.

I hope to hit the FT-iQ next week, hopefully in a stiff shaft.

Having hit both honestly once you get over the aesthetics, they do what they are supposed to, long/straight/consistent. In fact since I like the ft-9 imix I have debated getting the iq variant for when I play unfamiliar tracks. Also you have the option of getting the fubuki stock, unless they are now more willing to sell it with the ft-9 as well.

I think a lot of people should at least try them, you never know and I'm on the side of the fence that looks are good, but wouldn't you rather brag about the score at the end!

Plus HEAVEN forbid the pro's (who are PROFESSIONAL) don't play them as much so.....:banghead:

I hit the Str8Fit Dymo Squared today (as a followup to hitting the non-Str8Fit version with a regular shaft and 10.5* ... which I hit WAY too high). This one had a stiff shaft and I hit it at 9.5* and 1* closed.

I hit it very well and these specs were much more what I needed. I still hit it a little higher than my FT-5 and possibly SLIGHTLY straighter, but honestly not enough to switch at this point (I was actually hitting the FT-5 really well also yesterday ... go figure).

Very nice club and I'm glad I demo'd it.

Back