Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

THP wants to thank each of the forum members that took the time to work on this forum testing. The review period is now over and it was an incredible thread full of tons of great info. Thank you all.

And Stan,
That was awesome dude. Great info.

stan that was one great final write up

THP wants to thank each of the forum members that took the time to work on this forum testing. The review period is now over and it was an incredible thread full of tons of great info. Thank you all.

And Stan,
That was awesome dude. Great info.

Thanks JB. It was a lot of fun testing this shaft and I agree that this thread has some great info. So many THPer's chiming in bringing great information.

I still have some other tests I've been thinking up for this shaft so I'll still be in this thread everyday :D

Awesome stuff Stan. Great review.

Thanks again to THP and Miyazaki for this opportunity. I really enjoyed putting this shaft through it's paces and providing information on it for the forum. It was a beast for me and will remain my gamer for the foreseeable future.

Awesome stuff Stan. Great review.

Thanks again to THP and Miyazaki for this opportunity. I really enjoyed putting this shaft through it's paces and providing information on it for the forum. It was a beast for me and will remain my gamer for the foreseeable future.

Thanks Dam.

And I was about to write about my 10 of 12 fairways hit this last weekend with the B. Asha. Oh well.....ha!

Thanks THP and Miyazaki for the opportunity to be involved in this shaft review. It was my first go around with a shaft review and learned a lot from this review process.

Good Luck to those that venture into the B. Asha world! I think you will enjoy the ride!

And I was about to write about my 10 of 12 fairways hit this last weekend with the B. Asha. Oh well.....ha!

Thanks THP and Miyazaki for the opportunity to be involved in this shaft review. It was my first go around with a shaft review and learned a lot from this review process.

Good Luck to those that venture into the B. Asha world! I think you will enjoy the ride!

Nate you did a great job with this testing and I saw some unbelievable drives you had with this thing!

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Great info by all. I haven't paid much attention to shafts before this testing and now I'm truly addicted. After my fitting next month I hope to learn more as well.

Tapatalking on my iPhone 5!

Nate you did a great job with this testing and I saw some unbelievable drives you had with this thing!

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Thanks Taylor! It was fun letting you hit the shaft and seeing what it did for you and your drives! But it was cool when I got a 1 on the 1st hole at Terra Vista!

I would like to say thanks to all the B. Asha. testers. Wonderful thread and this shaft sounds fantastic. I will def be giving this shaft a look soon, as you all have given some great info. This sounds like a product that will be improving my game in the very near future.
Great job by all.

That was a great review Stan, I really enjoyed that. I'm glad you found a shaft that is so good for your game! The B Asha definitely intrigues me and I can't wait to give it a try sooner or later.

Miyazaki B. Asha 4S Review

Overall, with the B. Asha 4S/ R11S combo I lost ZERO balls off the tee in 83 drives
. I lost plenty of others on approach shots but none with my driver which is a testament to how well this shaft kills the sidespin (it sure wasn’t my swing :D) . I hit 67% of the fairways which is way up from the RIP Phenom where I was around 50%. The accuracy of this shaft is in a class of its own and really helped my scores even on days I wasn’t swinging particularly well.

Great review. The bolded parts above are blowing my mind. I really need to check this out. The active tip has been scaring me but I need to get over that and hit this.

Thanks Taylor! It was fun letting you hit the shaft and seeing what it did for you and your drives! But it was cool when I got a 1 on the 1st hole at Terra Vista!

It was Tangle Ridge.. You are suffering from memory loss dude

TapaTalk from the iPhone

What would I do without you?

You'd be a lost soul.

I really want one of these things.. I think it really is a good match for my swing and the efforts in your testing has been amazing.. All of you! You all brought it and I am in hardcore ponder

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Thank you :thp: and :miyazaki: for the opportunity to test the B. Asha. If anyone has any questions just send a PM.

Testing over?!?!

So I could have stole this shaft from Nate without getting in trouble with JB. Darn it!!

The testers did a great, great job on this one and their reviews not only put this shaft into multiple bags, it also as folks very anxious for the new Cleveland drivers.

Nice job guys!! Shaft testing is not easy.

Testing over?!?!

So I could have stole this shaft from Nate without getting in trouble with JB. Darn it!!

The testers did a great, great job on this one and their reviews not only put this shaft into multiple bags, it also as folks very anxious for the new Cleveland drivers.

Well said cookie! Excellent job done by all. Super informative, and very professionally done. Taught me a lot about shafts dynamics and characteristics. Thanks to Miyazaki, testers, and contributors to this thread.

Well said cookie! Excellent job done by all. Super informative, and very professionally done. Taught me a lot about shafts dynamics and characteristics. Thanks to Miyazaki, testers, and contributors to this thread.

Couldn't agree more. It was great to feel the excitement as each tester started to realize that they were wielding something special.

Thanks for a job well done by the reviewers, tons of great information in this thread!

Testing over?!?!

Lay off that thing. I am going stealth mode into his house and taking it.

In all honesty, I knew virtually nothing about shafts before this. After listening to the Miyazaki interview courtesy of THP and reading testers thoughts, I feel like I now know a little something about flex codes and all of that. Good work guys

That was a great review Stan, I really enjoyed that. I'm glad you found a shaft that is so good for your game! The B Asha definitely intrigues me and I can't wait to give it a try sooner or later.

Thanks JConn, really appreciate it. I definitely recommend giving a couple of the different B. Asha's a swing at a THP event.

Great review. The bolded parts above are blowing my mind. I really need to check this out. The active tip has been scaring me but I need to get over that and hit this.

Thanks OG. I had to go back and check my reviews 3 times with the stat about not having lost a single ball during the testing. I was as surprised as anyone :D. I was a little nervous about the active tip creating some issues with dispersion but it never happened. I think it all depends on your swing but for me it only helped and gave me some extra distance. The thing about the 4S is even though it has an active tip it is still overall a pretty stout shaft. I really recommend trying some of the different shafts at a THP event but the 4S isn't your typical active tip shaft.

I've been putting some thought into ideal three wood shafts for 2013, and the B.Asha 7s keeps coming to mind.

The 7x swings heavier and torque is reduced quite a bit. I found it difficult to shape the ball, and ended with the 5x in my driver on visual fitting. With that said, I found a lot of unique similarities in the 5x and the 7s.

First, the traditional torque rating is similar. From 3.8 in the 5x down to 3.6 in the 7s. From 7785 on the IFC to 5674, I feel like I could see a small increase in flight while generating some better loading on the downswing switching back to the S. That would also be slightly offset by the reduced speed due to added weight.

I just really enjoy pondering this shaft. It's so unique and awesome.

Back