Time Management for Golf

We were just having a discussion in the Pondering Thread about how we budget our time to golf. A few of us are in college and we still find time to golf. I know for me, I do it on the weekends.

I am in college, and while my weekdays are incredibly busy, I usually find that weekend afternoons are a perfect time for me to golf. I try my best to get my homework done during the week, and that leaves my weekends empty. While my friends are busy with their homework before we go out at night, I find that I can go out and play 18.

Last semester I also scheduled my classes so that I had no classes on Tuesday until 3:30, so I could play on Tuesday mornings. With that I could usually play 2-3 rounds per week and hope to this semester as well.

So after all that I guess my question is: How often do you play golf and how do you budget your time in order to do so? Is it skipping out of work early some days, being extra busy during the week so you are free on the weekend, or something else?

I spend any free time I have hitting balls or playing golf. If I happen to have a free hour, I can go to the range 5 mins from my house and hit or chip. If I have a free afternoon I go play. There is no real schedule, life just happens, and when there is a break - whenever that may be - it's golf time.

Our group had standing tee times at 3:00 on Thursdays. It was well known by everyone at the office where i was at and what i was doing. Then i'd usually play a round saturday and sunday. I moved about a year ago and i did a terrible job of playing during the week. Then i'd usually play one round on the weekend. My bosses have told me they expect me to take more time off this year and i hope i can make that happen. Little worried about weekend golfing with our new addition to the family. Gonna be interesting to see i can get much golf in with a 2-year old and a newborn.

Last year was the first time I worked 8-5:30 and found the only time I could make it out to the course was on the weekend. I hated it so with my new job I have better hours for golf and will be able to get out anyday of the week first thing in the morning. It will be very nice as that is my perfered time to tee off.

For me it works like this;

Year round Sunday is my "golf day". Saturday's are often busy with my son's youth sport activities. I also have a flexible job where I can make driving range runs on a long lunch hour. I also get to "work" from home on Thursdays and I can often sneak out for a quick dew sweeper round.

In the summer I often leave work at 3:00 and get in an afternoon/evening round.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

I go into work at 5 so I'm usually done by 2-3 in the afternoon. Once daylight savings time hits I can usually get 18 in once during the week and then either a Saturday or a Sunday round with my brother in laws depending on what's going on with house chores and family

School and work come before golf. Especially school. Golf is something we can do for the rest our lives. So if school gets in the way of tee times, look at the big picture.

Words of wisdom.

I play on weekdays while the kids are in school. Weekends is mostly range work and if the kids want, they can tag along.

Right now I can pretty much play whenever I want weather permitting when I'm not at school or work. I have no problems in school and get all my homework done at school. So nice week nights and free weekend days I play. 6-7 days a week in the summer.

The discussion in the pondering thread was about me so I might as well answer that. It's basically going to be weekends only. I intend to go to a very specialized engineering school and time isn't going to be abundant during the week. Maybe a quick nine here and there. As blu said, school before golf.

THPing on Tapatalk

My schedule works out so I only work half of the days of the month. my fiance works a full time job plus spends 10 to 25 hours or more a week coaching, so that leaves plenty of time for golf.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I am lucky that during the golf season I am only an assitant, so I can pretty much set my schedule. Basketball sucks up my time in the winter, but since it is freezing and cold here it doesn't matter

Interesting thread, a lot of different ways we get our time in.
I'm mostly a weekender right now, and that gets hampered during the spring / summer some when my job requires me to be at events on the weekends too.
During the summer I like to get to the range or play 9 more often but in addition to time management funds management is key as well. There are times I'd like to play where the best decision might be to not play one week.

Time is usually limited for me. When the days get longer, I can usually get 9 (sometimes 18) in before work. But, that usually requires a 6:00 a.m. tee time. (In the summer here, that is a welcome start time.)

Most golfing time for me is on the weekend. I can plan to get out during the week if I really want to, but it is hard to do on a whim.

Spending some time with my family also takes priority over golf. I really like to play/hit balls, but it is not the most important thing to me.

Due to working flexible hours a few of us from work sometimes arranged to finish work early during the summer months and get a round in so I would still be home for betwen 7.30-8.00pm, but other than that it will have to be weekends for me, so I will need to balance playing golf with home life but as long as I let my other half know that a few of us are considering playing then she doesn't usually have a problem with it

Weekends in the morning depending when I can get a tee time, and I used to get in the odd round after work last year but my work hours changed for the worse (used to be 6:30 am to 3 pm now its 7:30 am to 4 pm) and it will make afternoon rounds tougher to get tee times.
As for the wife (no kids) she has no problem. She is so happy to see me out golfing again all I have to do is make sure there are no "we" things on the calendar and I am good to go.

I'm in college like you. Most of my "practice" comes at like 5-6am and I try to get out for 9 after classes and on weekends I play too.

During Daylight savings time I get out of work at 3 or 3:30 and will head to the course and have time for a range session and 18 holes. This time of year it's a little tougher, I do still manage to sneak off for 9 holes now and then.

As far as weekends go, I have no life....hehe...no girlfriend or wife, so I play as often as I want.

I do not get out as much as I would like, but I try to get out as much as I can during the work week. That means hitting the range or putting green for 30-40 minutes during my lunch break this time of year. I usually get out about 2 or 3 times during my break. When the days get longer, I will play after work. On the weekends, I typically play 18 on Saturday. Sometimes Sunday as well, but I have to balance my time and hang out with my lady. Wish there were more hours in the day.

Right now I can pretty much play whenever I want weather permitting when I'm not at school or work. I have no problems in school and get all my homework done at school. So nice week nights and free weekend days I play. 6-7 days a week in the summer.

The discussion in the pondering thread was about me so I might as well answer that. It's basically going to be weekends only. I intend to go to a very specialized engineering school and time isn't going to be abundant during the week. Maybe a quick nine here and there. As blu said, school before golf.

THPing on Tapatalk

Engineering kids are crazy. Not possible to keep up.

Well five months out of the year I try and build up as much golf equity as I can so I can golf as much as possible when the weather permits it. I have Sundays and a rotating day off during the week so I play on those two days and after work every now and then. I played softball two nights a week but this year I am giving one night up so as not to interfere with family life and to keep my golf time.

Back