Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallace is the name and could end up being a studd.

There is much debate in the local media about this. Some say that he will be a liabilty at 3B in the majors and would be better suited at 1B or DH, which obviously he can't play either in St. Louis. That has been the knock on him since he was drafted, great bat, defense is the question mark.

In terms of trades for prospects, I would much rather get Holliday for Wallace, than Halladay for Rasmus that was being discussed. Rasmus should be a solid, all around player for many years to come. I would have rather aquired a top-of-the-line starter, but not at the expence of Rasmus.

It looks like they are talking about him in RF in some circles now. The problem with the trade for some STL fans is that this could definitely be a rented player short term scenario.

Yeah, I guess you can always ship a guy out to left to hide the defensive issues. Heck, Troy Glaus has doing his rehab work in left field for the last couple of weeks. I would guess that he will go back to 3rd now.

St. Louis has a way of getting guys to resign. Don't know if they will want to pay Holliday what he will probably want, but many guys will come down in price to stay there. McGwire and Rolen both signed not long after they were traded. Larry Walker and Will Clark were others. I think both retired after the half season with the Cards, but I know they both said they loved it here. Walker may have played another year with us, I can't remember. I think he does spring training with the Cards though.

Roy Halladay says on sports radio just now "I would waive the no trade clause to come to play in Tampa. If I stay in the NL, I cant think of a team I would rather come to."

Never happen, but glad it sounds good atleast. Rumor has it this Cliff Lee deal could happen today. ANd all the fans here are baffled by it. It is against everything they stand for to trade the future for a player they cannot afford.

Nothing like getting blown out and shut out two games in a row by the second worst team in the AL when you are fighting for a playoff spot.

:banghead:

It's never a good sign when your team's starting pitcher for tomorrow's 1 p.m. game is listed as "TBD."

*sigh*

It could be worse, you could get no hit. However we were down 9-0 nothing today, and came back to win.

It could be worse, you could get no hit. However we were down 9-0 nothing today, and came back to win.

We lost 0-9 yesterday, and 3-10 today...

...to.the.Indians.

Local news just said that the Dodgers just made an offer to the Jays for Halladay that is pretty darn good. 4 prospects in all.

Local news just said that the Dodgers just made an offer to the Jays for Halladay that is pretty darn good. 4 prospects in all.

That would be great as long as they didnt have to give up Kershaw. Colletti has had a way of working magic before.

angrybombblowup.gif

That is all.

Jays reject Phils counteroffer on Halladay.

Okay, bottom of the 9th and we're only down by 10 runs.

:banghead:

Roy Halladay says on sports radio just now "I would waive the no trade clause to come to play in Tampa. If I stay in the NL, I cant think of a team I would rather come to."

Was this a typo on your half or did he really say NL knowing that his current team and prospective team are both AL teams.

Typo on my end.

Jays reject Phils counteroffer on Halladay.

I think the Phils will get Halladay by the EOW. Both sides traded their first proposals which means the real deal is somewhere in between.

I think their looking at Adrian Gonzalez too - Right now the Sox need to get their bats going.......

I think their looking at Adrian Gonzalez too - Right now the Sox need to get their bats going.......

There is now way Adrian Gonzalez is going anywhere. I have heard it too, but the kid is the franchise right now while Peavy is on the DL, plus he is making reasonable money for the next couple of years.

TGM,
Gammons just said that the Padres countered and asked for Buchholtz, so maybe they are trading him for the right player. Makes no sense to me.

*sigh*

un-frickin-believable.

I'm just about to give up on baseball.

Big Deal just in.
Spoiler
Giants trade for Ryan Garko. :act-up:

Lee and Halladay News

According to all the talk as of this morning, the Phillies are now going after Lee. The Jays have said that they want Happ and Drabek and one other player for Halladay and the Phillies have said pick one or the other. The Indians have said they are open to Drabek and one other for Lee, so it could go down that way very soon.

Lee and Halladay News

According to all the talk as of this morning, the Phillies are now going after Lee. The Jays have said that they want Happ and Drabek and one other player for Halladay and the Phillies have said pick one or the other. The Indians have said they are open to Drabek and one other for Lee, so it could go down that way very soon.

If the Phillies are willing to part with Drabek (supposedly untouchable) for Lee then he better be included in a deal for Halladay. Get 'er done Rube!

It sounds like everyone called Riccardi's bluff on the July 28th deadline.

The Dodgers lost 3 in a row for the first time last night. They are playing like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back