Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pondering a set of Honma clubs.

As soon as I win that lottery, these are all mine!

Late to the party, but I'm pondering these too. I'm wondering if these will be available on mycustomwedge.com???

I'm not sure of they are or not, but I did notice that the 588 RTG was available as a custom option.

Pondering a :
7-ft-hitting-net-main.png

I've got an Acuity net from Dick's, Hotled. It is 100% pure stank garbage. Only reason I tell you that is so you don't buy it because you see the chance to save a few dollars.

Late to the party, but I'm pondering these too. I'm wondering if these will be available on mycustomwedge.com???
I'm not sure of they are or not, but I did notice that the 588 RTG was available as a custom option.

I have to think they will be shortly. Those wedges will look incredible customized.

Pondering what the THP Birdie is squaking about and going to look at the Rocketbladez Tours at lunch..

I need to do a little more research on the RTG to see if it would be a good fit for me. They sure are pretty.

Canadan, they would look amazing customized!

Really pondering a Nike Covert Tour driver with a Black Tie 7M3. Hit this at Golfsmith and LOVED it.

Do it... it is by far the best combo I had with the Covert!!!

What was the upcharge?

I'm seriously tempted to try to find an RBZ 3 wood on the cheap now that the new stuff is out.

Pondering what the THP Birdie is squaking about and going to look at the Rocketbladez Tours at lunch..

Are those out in stores yet? I had heard 2/15 for those.

I'm seriously tempted to try to find an RBZ 3 wood on the cheap now that the new stuff is out.

You looking for a 3 wood to hit off of the tee or would you use it out of the fairway?

Are those out in stores yet? I had heard 2/15 for those.

Is it 2/15? Heck I dont know. I was looking at Taylormades twitter feed or Instagram feed and I thought they said something along the lines of all their new releases being out. Maybe they was just talking about the lines and not sub-line versions?

Really pondering a Nike Covert Tour driver with a Black Tie 7M3. Hit this at Golfsmith and LOVED it.

That is a nice combo eh? Sure wish the R1 wasn't pulling the numbers for me. Now to just wait for extra trade in deals...oh wait...GG has that now on the R1. Must stay away until the Cell Pro is available.

If you are better with a hybrid than a 3W, try the 16* X-Hot Pro hybrid. It is incredible. I honestly think this club could be a game changer for me

Posted this in the R1 and Stage 2 threads, but now posting it here...

Uh oh.

So I went to Golf Galaxy this morning to pickup my brother-in-law's clubs for him. While there, I thought I would partake in the R1 Challenge.

Warmed up and then hit some shots with my RBZ driver - some nice ropes that carried about 280-285.

Then I grabbed the R1. They fitted me after a few swings and after adjustments I was hitting some great shots that were carrying 288-293 - good enough for 8 Lethal balls.

Ok, time to go home ... ah hell, let me just try the RBZ Stage 2 for fun....

BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!

Average carry of... get this... 307 yards. Lasers. Absolute lasers.

My God.

The people watching me pleaded with me to buy it on the spot... and there were no employees watching me at this point.

I could trade in my old RBZ driver, r7 irons, and walk out with a Stage 2 Driver for $100 bucks.

I wasn't prepared to buy a new driver, so I left. All I can think about is those poor balls I hit and how they compressed to the point their brains almost squished out.

I LOVED this driver. I have until Sunday to decide (aka convince the wife) that this needs to happen....

That's awesome jlukes. Those are some bombs! I think you should get it. Gaining 20 yards and only spending $100. Sign me up!

Posted this in the R1 and Stage 2 threads, but now posting it here...

Uh oh.

So I went to Golf Galaxy this morning to pickup my brother-in-law's clubs for him. While there, I thought I would partake in the R1 Challenge.

Warmed up and then hit some shots with my RBZ driver - some nice ropes that carried about 280-285.

Then I grabbed the R1. They fitted me after a few swings and after adjustments I was hitting some great shots that were carrying 288-293 - good enough for 8 Lethal balls.

Ok, time to go home ... ah hell, let me just try the RBZ Stage 2 for fun....

BOOM!
BOOM!
BOOM!

Average carry of... get this... 307 yards. Lasers. Absolute lasers.

My God.

The people watching me pleaded with me to buy it on the spot... and there were no employees watching me at this point.

I could trade in my old RBZ driver, r7 irons, and walk out with a Stage 2 Driver for $100 bucks.

I wasn't prepared to buy a new driver, so I left. All I can think about is those poor balls I hit and how they compressed to the point their brains almost squished out.

I LOVED this driver. I have until Sunday to decide (aka convince the wife) that this needs to happen....

307 carry is obscene. I hope you pull the trigger at that distance!

307 carry is obscene. I hope you pull the trigger at that distance!

Obscene was the exact word I used after a few shots. I kept going back to my old driver to make sure it wasn't the launch monitor playing tricks on me. Dispersion was good as well. The ball speed was just nothing I've seen before.

Dude. Unless they were hung way out to the right or something, there is no way I would have left that store empty handed after seeing a 20 yard gain on carry. :bulgy-eyes: That's some solid self control there. That being said, figure out how to do it and go buy that sucker.

Obscene was the exact word I used after a few shots. I kept going back to my old driver to make sure it wasn't the launch monitor playing tricks on me. Dispersion was good as well. The ball speed was just nothing I've seen before.

What was the ball speed registering? How fast do you swing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back