Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
I'm about to toss Mrs Gummi and Twerpy into the car for a weekend down south.

Today we're going to hit San Marcos for some shopping, and float the river at Gruene when it's hot. After the river we'll head down to San Antonio for Saturday at Sea World and Sunday at the Alamo then back home to reality.

It's looking like I'll have to work the next 30 or so days straight, so this is a last hurrah for the summer, and the girls start school in 2 weeks or so...

Enjoy yourself Gummi!

Gonna canoe or tube the Guadalupe??? Either way, sounds like fun to me. Should be nice and cool. Hope its not too crowded. Have a great time.

Have a good one GB

Have fun Gummi!

Have a good trip!

Have fun Gummi and Remember the Alamo.
Spoiler
alamo.jpg

or
Spoiler
OsbourneOzzy.jpg

hasta la pasta!

Have fun, Gummi! We'll miss you.

Fun!! My river trip down there is not until the end of August. I'm also outta here!!! I'll be on a plane in the morning heading for Maui! I'll try to post some updates while there. See ya'll on the flip side!

Fun!! My river trip down there is not until the end of August. I'm also outta here!!! I'll be on a plane in the morning heading for Maui! I'll try to post some updates while there. See ya'll on the flip side!

Have a fabulous time!

Well, we made it, and got everything done.

Shopping at the super-dooper outlet mall in San Marcos, there's two right next to each other, and there's no way you could walk through and see all the stores in one day, we spent only 2 hours there:

Prime Outlets – San Marcos, Outlet Mall near San Marcos/Austin/San Antonio | 65% Savings on Designer Brands

Tanger Outlet Centers :: San Marcos, Texas Outlet Mall

Then it was toobin' at Gruene (home of the famous Gruene Hall, mentioned in so many songs, the oldest dancehall in Texas) :

Rockin' R River Rides - New Braunfels, TX

Gruene, Texas - Gently resisting change since 1872

We landed in San Antonio at around 8:00 pm, flopped down in the hotel and ordered in a pizza.

Saturday morning we got up early, got some breakfast eaten and headed over to Sea World. We got there about 10:30, and stayed until about 9:00 PM. We saw the Shamu show twice (different both times) at the second one we were in the "splashzone" and that water is cold (52° is what the keep the tanks at). We also saw an amazing show called Viva, which featured dancing, diving, acrobatics, some dolphins and a couple of Beluga whales. It was awesome. Then we saw a show with a couple of sea lions, a walrus, an Asian otter done up like the Cannery Row caper. It was really funny. Then off to the water park, where we rode the lazy river, took a tube down a ridiculously long, steep and fast water slide (we rode it twice, Twerpy loved it) Sea World is a bit expensive, but it's a ton of fun. Part theme park, part show park, part water park, we all had a blast. We got some BBQ from Rudy's for supper last night. Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q | Real Texas Bar-B-Q

I fell asleep watching Rickie Fowler play strong in the Nationwide tournament, that guy is pretty impressive.

This morning we slept in a little bit, then headed down to the Riverwalk, and took a boat tour, which was fun, and very informative. Then it was lunch at Tony Roma's, a quick tour of The Alamo, and head home. Traffic on 35 was stinky as usual, and we made it home in about 5½ hours. Twerpy slept almost all the way home, she was a tired little girl...

We're home now, safe and sound, winding down for the evening.

It's looking like I'll be working 7 days a week through the month of August, and likely into September. The bid board is full, I'm glad I took this weekend, it'll be my last for a while.

Glad you had such a good time, and welcome back. Sounds like a rotten August, but too much work is better than not enough.

Back