How would you play this shot?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
146yds to a front pin off hard pan. The first tree could be an issue but once past the 2nd isn't in play. Do you punch out? Play a 20yd hook? Take dead aim at the flag?

y4e8u9a2.jpg

I like to think that I would take my medicine and chip out to the right as far as I can get it past that second tree.

But I'm probably going for it and hitting that first tree and ducking out of the way.

Punch out. Learned just to take my medicine.

Chainsaw??? :laughing:

Seriously I would try a low punch out with a 5i to the right of the tree and take my medicine.

I hit a low punch out, as far as I can without going too far through the fairway, leave myself a chance at up and down from a bit of a ways out. At worst, I am playing for bogey, but my main goal here is to prevent the big number.

Unless you're feeling that 20yd hook with a short iron (and it might even be 30 depending where you start it to keep yourself from pulling it into that tree), I'd play a shot out just short right of the green towards that mound and give yourself a pretty clean look at the pin for your third.

Dead aim. 5 iron with the ball a little back in my stance and punch the life out of it. Worst case senario i end up in the bunker best case runs through the bunker and ends up on the green.

I would aim straight at the pin. Then after hitting a tree, I would hopefully have a better shot.

Punch out with a 1 hybrid to the right of the 2nd tree.

Looks like the green starts behind the second tree and not too much for danger out to the right. I'm grabbing 9i and hooking the crap out of it. Worst case scenario, I leave it short and right.

play the hook!

I'd take my 5 iron, put the ball back in my stance and try to hit a low punch draw.

Aim for the flag, 5 or 6i, and hope I don't land in the sand. :D

Punch out to the right of the 2nd tree into the fairway. Take your medicine, no question.

20 yard hook.

Chip out. A clear look at the green from the fairway versus getting a little closer trying to hook it isn't a good gamble for me.

I would play a big, low slice (lefty) with my F5 and run it up to the green. Best case scenario, I hit it close. Worst case scenario, it doesn't slice and I pull it into the woods across the other side of the fairway. Or I push it a bit and hit one of the trees. All or nothing.

Punch out.

The reason I would go with a low hooking 5 or 6 iron is that with one of those clubs I can start it at the mound on the right of the green and I know I can hook the crap out of either of those clubs. With a 9 or wedge I would have to start it waaaay right to avoid the low hanging limbs and the added loft would be trying to counteract the side spin and a miss would leave me way right in the other trees. I try to start my shots as far away from trouble as possible.

Beautiful looking course by the way!

I would have to punch it out. If I went for it through the trees I would never get it high enough to make it over that bunker, and I can't work the ball enough to hook it around

Back