How would you play this shot?

If I had that shot I would probably try and punch it out, but with my luck I would hit the tree, and not get out of the way, with the ball taking me out.

If I'm playing well, I likely try to avoid a big number and either pitch out sideways to the 100 yard marker or 6i putt through the gap and try and get tucked up as close as possible to the bunker for an easy pitch (latter much more likely). If not scoring well I'll try for the big 6i punch hook.

Thread the needle or try a mean hook most likely try to hook it

if you can hook the ball then that's the best option but if not, punch out to the right of the second tree.

I like to think that I would take my medicine and chip out to the right as far as I can get it past that second tree.

But I'm probably going for it and hitting that first tree and ducking out of the way.

Punch out. Learned just to take my medicine.

I'm with these guys. The bunker in front eliminates my choice for punching it thru to the flag and hooking it (cutting for me *lefty*) is not a good choice either.

I'd punch it out to the right of things with a bit of a draw and try and leave myself with something close to the green or pin.

I'd try to hook it around the 2nd tree with a 4i (to make sure I get under the moss) and the ball back in my stance,

Looks like there is a backstop behind the pin so hitting from the bunker would be my play... 5 iron punch into the bunker.

Course management.Punch it to the right of the trees to leave myself a short iron and better angle to the pin .

Grab a 7 iron and draw it around the tree on the right and try and go for the green

What the hell, give me an 8 iron straight at it nice and low hopefully with some spin. At worst I'm in the sand and I don't mind that.

Punch out in between the trees to get it up there. I don't mind sand

Draw stance, punch 6 iron. Definitely get out but not killed if it doesn't hook.

Punch 6 iron between the trees and try to run it up to the green

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I guess the more important question is, how did you play it Freddie?

smart me says 4 or 5 fade bunch to give myself plenty of green to work my 3rd to the pin.

the actual me says hooded 8i right at the pin

I guess the more important question is, how did you play it Freddie?
3/4 8i through the gap that carried the left trap to pin high left. Once past the first tree it was pretty open. I three putted but still had a good look at birdie. Playing safe from the picture I post is smart but if you had been there you would have seen what I saw. When I sat over over the shot, I asked myself if the 2nd tree was going to be an issue. Once I furred it wasn't, it was just a matter of swinging the club.

3/4 8i through the gap that carried the left trap to pin high left. Once past the first tree it was pretty open. I three putted but still had a good look at birdie. Playing safe from the picture I post is smart but if you had been there you would have seen what I saw. When I sat over over the shot, I asked myself if the 2nd tree was going to be an issue. Once I furred it wasn't, it was just a matter of swinging the club.

I'm hoping there was a nip from the flask prior to swinging!

I kind of figured you'd go at it, you certainly have the game for that shot.

I would try and advance it to 120 yards out. That is the yardage I'm most comfortable with. Try to get up/down from there

Take my medicine as many have said. Punch a 6i to the fairway and play on. It used to be that I would gung ho it but I've learned this past year that isn't the best option!

i see a small opening in the second tree. i go for everything tho lol. i would aim for the small hole and play a draw with a 52 degree. try to land it on the green and spin it twords the flag. would i actually pull it off probabaly not but would be cool if it worked.

I would punch out, probably use my 42* niblick make sure I leave myself at least 90 yards want a full shot in.

Back