Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

Has anyone hit the PRO version of the X Hot?? Or has it been released yet?? My local golf shop says they'll have them on Valentines day...

I have and I liked it bettee than the reg XHot due to it being more of a neutral bias. The new Project X shaft didnt work for me. Too much spin. With the right shaft it will be a nice driver. To me, it was like hitting a variation of the RFX but with out the adjustable weights. RFX had more heft or head weight than the XHot Pro. If the weight of the XHot Pro feels fine, I see no need in moving into the RFX line. Unless you want to be like Lefty who I heard was ripping it on the course yesterday.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hi!

DSC_0659_zps255d7fb7.jpg

DSC_0664_zps08387440.jpg

DSC_0665_zps9eae82a5.jpg

DSC_0667_zps5c44d9c7.jpg

I simply couldn't resist. Such a ho.

Haha that looks awfully familiar! Love that setup

I have and I liked it bettee than the reg XHot due to it being more of a neutral bias. The new Project X shaft didnt work for me. Too much spin. With the right shaft it will be a nice driver. To me, it was like hitting a variation of the RFX but with out the adjustable weights. RFX had more heft or head weight than the XHot Pro. If the weight of the XHot Pro feels fine, I see no need in moving into the RFX line. Unless you want to be like Lefty who I heard was ripping it on the course yesterday.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

threshold350,

Did the PRO you demoed have the 6.0 or 6.5 shaft?? Only reason I ask is because I play the Project X Black 6.5's and I've had really good results. I have the X Hot Pro 4-wood with the 6.5 shaft and it seems like it'll be a winner but I haven't gotten to test it yet. Just curious...

Nice setup!! Do you see a huge "draw bias" with the X Hot??

At address or through the swing? At address, its square to my eye. I know that internally the weighting is there to "promote" a draw bias but from my first go round I really wasn't seeing that much. Granted, it was 40* and 20 mph winds. This week could possible tell more of the story.

The sound is astounding to me though.

For a draw bias, I've been hitting some nice fades with mine. Knock on wood, nothing left yet

For a draw bias, I've been hitting some nice fades with mine. Knock on wood, nothing left yet

How's the flight been for you with the Asha? I'm getting some gorgeous towering bullets.

How's the flight been for you with the Asha? I'm getting some gorgeous towering bullets.

I've got the 5x in it right now and they've been a nice control mid flight. Might give the 4x a whirl tomorrow and see if I can make it rain.

I absolutely love towering bullets. Love em!
Held up well even against the 20mph wind dude. It made me grin multiple times and just laugh that I used to think I hit the ball too high.

I've got the 5x in it right now and they've been a nice control mid flight. Might give the 4x a whirl tomorrow and see if I can make it rain.
Nice. This could be quite the combo for sure.

At address or through the swing? At address, its square to my eye. I know that internally the weighting is there to "promote" a draw bias but from my first go round I really wasn't seeing that much. Granted, it was 40* and 20 mph winds. This week could possible tell more of the story.

The sound is astounding to me though.

Yes, at address. I shape it right to left and thus I have a hard time looking at anything "toe-in"...

Did you try the PRO with a 6.5 before you went with the NON-PRO head and B.Asha 4x??

that looks really nice Jman....

looks sweet Jman

Yes, at address. I shape it right to left and thus I have a hard time looking at anything "toe-in"...

Did you try the PRO with a 6.5 before you went with the NON-PRO head and B.Asha 4x??
Its truly square to my eye compared to the Pro looking open, as it should.

Nope, I wanted the 11.5 and the Pro maxes at 10.5. Having held both in hand at the PGA show when we were there I actually like the look of the regular more, call me crazy but I do. As to the shaft, I got it for an absolute steal with a senior flex in it, but the B.Asha from my Fit was always going to be moved over anyways so that didn't matter. I've never gotten along well with the PX graphite shafts, not a fan at all. Plus, the B.Asha is the best driver shaft I've ever laid my hands on.
that looks really nice Jman....

looks sweet Jman

Thanks gents! Its purtty.

Hit the 11.5* XHot today at Edwin Watts. I have previously hit the 9.5* and loved the results I was seeing (on an actual range), and was eager to try this loft out. Consider me sold on higher lofted drivers. It really is amazing what an improved launch angle off the tee can do for you. I was seeing launch angle in between 14*-16* and my average carry was 266 yards. I am not a long hitter by any means off the tee, have long struggled with my ball flight being far too low, but adding the increased loft has seemed to really help me.

The XHot continued to impress me, having hit it on multiple occasions, both indoors and outdoors, I am fairly certain that one of these could find a spot at the top of my bag. The feel and sound is nothing short of perfect to me, just a solid "thwack" when hit, not loud really and not a tingy type sound, if that makes sense. Just a nice solid sounding feedback.

Im impressed, I expect to see this driver in quite a few bags come July in Myrtle.

Good writeup beags that's a big tee ball buddy, sounds like a winner for you

Hit the 11.5* XHot today at Edwin Watts. I have previously hit the 9.5* and loved the results I was seeing (on an actual range), and was eager to try this loft out. Consider me sold on higher lofted drivers. It really is amazing what an improved launch angle off the tee can do for you. I was seeing launch angle in between 14*-16* and my average carry was 266 yards. I am not a long hitter by any means off the tee, have long struggled with my ball flight being far too low, but adding the increased loft has seemed to really help me.

The XHot continued to impress me, having hit it on multiple occasions, both indoors and outdoors, I am fairly certain that one of these could find a spot at the top of my bag. The feel and sound is nothing short of perfect to me, just a solid "thwack" when hit, not loud really and not a tingy type sound, if that makes sense. Just a nice solid sounding feedback.

Im impressed, I expect to see this driver in quite a few bags come July in Myrtle.

Wowsers! Guess I will be hitting first into the greens in our match! Nice stuff War

Gosh that's pretty.

Dude, the sound is PERFECT to me as well. All other companies could take a note from Callaway's acoustics on this and the Xtreme as well.

I love the high lofted love, IMO its just awesome. Its changed my tee game completely.

Wowsers! Guess I will be hitting first into the greens in our match! Nice stuff War
Not sure how much I trust the monitor I was hitting on, Chunky. In the past, the one they used at Edwin Watts has been a little, inaccurate.

It may have one of the most unique sounds in golf off a driver. I agree with what Nate said that its aerodynamic. The distance is nothing to scoff at either. I can't wait to get another pass with this club.

Not sure how much I trust the monitor I was hitting on, Chunky. In the past, the one they used at Edwin Watts has been a little, inaccurate.

I was on a juiced monitor once. Think I got 250 lol

Back