Had To Earn A Living

Diane

Reaction score
I saw the thread about what people do for jobs and started thinking. What was the strangest or most interesting or funniest job you've ever had? Mine was that I had to watch every single "Beavis & Butthead" episode. This was in 1994 so thankfully there were only 4 seasons to watch, but it still took me about 3 weeks. I did get to see the banned fire episode though.

I used to work for a vetrinarian as a kennel boy, it was a highschool job, had to clean up after dogs, collect stool and urine samples, give meds, bathe, clean after hours, you know, all sorts of good stuff... Before I had that job, I wanted to be a Vetrinarian..

Being a husband for 6 years..... :banghead:

My Navy days were pretty strange:banana: Now it is dealing with six grand children who I love dearly, who all want some of their Grand Pa's time.....and pocket book.:clapp:

I remembered another one - I had a temp job at the WWF reading and sorting fan mail for a few weeks. Saw some things I'd like to forget.

I remembered another one - I had a temp job at the WWF reading and sorting fan mail for a few weeks. Saw some things I'd like to forget.

LOL I can only imagine what you saw. I mentioned in the other thread, but I will post here as well....I was a wench at a Renaissance Festival. Had the entire ensemble from the ruffle shirt and corset to the really ugly big skirt, not to mention my sorry attempt at an accent saying "Good Day" and "Fair thee well". This was in high school when I was about 15, it was good money under the table so it was worth it.

LOL I can only imagine what you saw. I mentioned in the other thread, but I will post here as well....I was a wench at a Renaissance Festival. Had the entire ensemble from the ruffle shirt and corset to the really ugly big skirt, not to mention my sorry attempt at an accent saying "Good Day" and "Fair thee well". This was in high school when I was about 15, it was good money under the table so it was worth it.

You didn't happen to snap any photos did you?

"Good Day", "Fair thee well" and "It's bloody hot in this stuff!"

harry did ask the same thing last time.

Last time you didn't say you were 15 when the pictures were taken!

I'm a perv, not a pedophile!

That took me a minute--I couldn't figure out why fan mail to the World Wildlife Federation would be so disturbing. :confused2:

That took me a minute--I couldn't figure out why fan mail to the World Wildlife Federation would be so disturbing. :confused2:

You'd be amazed at what women and some men will wear or not wear and do while they're not wearing it to impress a wrestler.

You'd be amazed at what women and some men will wear or not wear and do while they're not wearing it to impress a wrestler.

I prefer not to know, thank you. I'll stick with this fellow.

logo_wwf.jpg

I've been engineer all my working career. Have traveled the world (been around the world at least 3 times) doing engineering work for construction companies some of the places have been too have been a bit exciting. Was almost kidnapped in Indonesia one time that one was close had to run for my life. Came away from that experience with a few cuts and bruises and a little wiser.

My most interesting job was working as an oil trader. Nothing quite like the oil industry in its scope, breadth and global impact. Everything seems to be affected by oil and conversely everything seems to affect oil prices from political and economic unrest to new reserve discoveries. Plus I loved the loud and boisterous environment!

Most interesting job was working as steam generator plugger for nuclear power plants. I was the guinea pig who crawled thru a 16" manhole wearing a plastic suit all duct taped up & would plug the leaky pipes in the steam generator towers.

Was fun getting all the devices measuring the amount of radiation I was exposed to. I traveled all over the country doing this work, Benton Harbor MI, Pittsburgh, Hartford CT, Port St Lucie Fl, Zion Il, etc.

Most interesting job was working as steam generator plugger for nuclear power plants. I was the guinea pig who crawled thru a 16" manhole wearing a plastic suit all duct taped up & would plug the leaky pipes in the steam generator towers.

Was fun getting all the devices measuring the amount of radiation I was exposed to. I traveled all over the country doing this work, Benton Harbor MI, Pittsburgh, Hartford CT, Port St Lucie Fl, Zion Il, etc.

Can your wife sleep or does the glow keep her awake???:D

The more I think about it - I've had some stupid jobs. I was at a Public Enemy/Anthrax concert and during an interview outside the venue with Chuck D - I was responsible for crowd control. My boss' Basset Hounds don't listen to me so as I'm sure you can imagine - none of the concert goers did either. On another note - I never understood why a fan of Anthrax would like Public Enemy and vice versa - seemed like an odd pairing.

Back