New Titleist Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Titleist sent over an email this morning that they are gearing up for the launch of their new irons.

The 2009 lineup is basically 2008 lineup, with different models: AP1, AP2, CB, and MB. Gone are the "Z-Forged", as they were not really a fan favorite based on numbers. But they are calling this the 710 line and it will consist of these 4 irons.

More pictures coming up soon. These irons are in play this week at the Buick.

606869068_VzvGS-M.jpg

606869613_Mqbgd-M.jpg

606869617_rbpPi-M.jpg

Last year's AP2 irons were a dream to hit.

Really nice looking irons. Still a Callaway guy though.

Those blades look awesome!

Do you know what is going to be different with the AP1??

• Admin
Softer and more forgiving they say.

I can't read the print on the hosel of the AP1s. That's where Titleist usually puts "Forged." Is Titleist now forging the AP1s?

• Admin
I can't read the print on the hosel of the AP1s. That's where Titleist usually puts "Forged." Is Titleist now forging the AP1s?

I dont believe so Harry, but we will get the specs on Monday.

Stamped on this years hosel is 710.

I like my AP1's, sharp looking sticks that work well.

I really want to game Titleist. :)

even if its totally an ego trip, I dont care!

to me, its a brand that, when I was a young whippersnapper, was the brand to own, just like my Nikon cameras.

Those look a little different that the !st version.Was a PING guy before I picked up some Titleist now I'm torn between them.

wow that blade looks so sick

What would the differences in the paintfill signify? Is that lie angle like Pings or something else?

those are his college colors according to Titleist.com...Virginia Tech

JB, any difference in the shaft on the AP1 (manufacturer, etc)

I do not know as of yet. Gut feeling is no, but I will not know until we get the official specs.

Gone are the "Z-Forged"

Do you mean the ZB and ZM irons?

I like the look of these MB's but I LOVE :in-love: my ZM's. They are very classical looking, provide a great set up and yet are somewhat forgiving for a blade. I guess now the ZM will be a rare iron as I think they were only out for 2-3 years??? :thumb:

Both are scrapped. They did not do well in sales compared to previous years Titleist irons. (according to sales records)

Both are scrapped. They did not do well in sales compared to previous years Titleist irons. (according to sales records)

Well that would make sense...but I have noticed that more Pro's this year have started to play the ZM (on TV and on Titleist website). Wonder if now they will switch to the MB??? :confused2:

Titleist pays more players than anybody else, so I am sure that they will get them in the new stuff.

The back of the blade looks remarkably like the back of my 09 Burners. Very similar IMO. Anyone agree?

Back