What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a salad.

200907-icecream-bacon-ss.jpg

MMM, bacon ice cream. I was reading on the plane last week about a adult beverage made with bacon. I think im going with bacon nachos tonight.
Spoiler
i2dw5nf19m3f2alzj856fiaCo1_500.jpg

I dont even know what this is, but his buddy looks impressed, and he should be, its bacon.
bacon-thumb-500x375.jpg

I was reading on the plane last week about a adult beverage made with bacon.

I was watching "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" and thought of you. They went to one restaurant that served bacon infused bourbon.

Tonight it's a fresh sockeye salmon filet grilled with garlic butter and seasonings with a small grilled lobster tail and cornbread. :clap:

I was watching "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" and thought of you. They went to one restaurant that served bacon infused bourbon.
Two of my favorites together at last. I think that was the drink I was reading about. They render the bacon fat and infuse it into the bourbon. Why didnt I think of that?

Gasman:

1. What's the white stuff on the bacon nachos? Looks like either feta cheese or tofu, and I can't imagnine it's either of those.
  2. In the bacon weaving pictures, doesn't the guy on the left look kind of Middle Eastern? As in, belonging to some religious faith that views pork as unclean?
Chicken Sancerre here tonight--we didn't have Marsala, and that's what was open. Made it with fresh mushrooms. Mashed potatoes and salad.

Gasman:

1. What's the white stuff on the bacon nachos? Looks like either feta cheese or tofu, and I can't imagnine it's either of those.
I suspect it's butter.

And while bacon wouldn't be bad on nachos, I don't think it's necessary. It would get overwhelmed. I prefer my bacon to shine!

And what's with the crappy cheese? No self respecting nacho lover would ever allow that velveeta cheese fluid to come near real nachos.

Gasman:

[*]What's the white stuff on the bacon nachos? Looks like either feta cheese or tofu, and I can't imagnine it's either of those.
I think its Jack cheese, but I might need to further investigate.

And while bacon wouldn't be bad on nachos, I don't think it's necessary. It would get overwhelmed. I prefer my bacon to shine!
While I would normally agree with you, I can not here. The bacon is the centerpiece of the nachos, it is substituting the chip.

And what's with the crappy cheese? No self respecting nacho lover would ever allow that velveeta cheese fluid to come near real nachos.
Agreed, you need real cheese.

Roast beef, fried potatoes, garden stuff, and some bread.......aka "Arby's" :banana:

I want a salad.

Got my wish. We went to "Sweet Tomatoes", an all you can eat salad, soup, and other stuff place. We really like it. The food is good, but the people watching is even better. For some reason it is like eating in the employee's canteen at the carnival. Very strange clientele, which I understand includes ME!

Got my wish. We went to "Sweet Tomatoes", an all you can eat salad, soup, and other stuff place. We really like it. The food is good, but the people watching is even better. For some reason it is like eating in the employee's canteen at the carnival. Very strange clientele, which I understand includes ME!

We like Sweet Tomatoes a lot. I love their Won Ton Chicken Happiness and their Tuna Tarragon salads!

Last edited:
Thanks Smallie. The things we have to do for Gasman.

Not sure yet....leaning towards quesadillas or something

Greek chicken with orzo.

Sushi tonight.

Meatloaf. With bacon on top. :egyptian:

Salad! I'm gonna lose some weight if I turn into a rabbit!

2" thick sirloin done on the grill medium rare and sliced down thin. Cubanelle peppers roasted on the grill. Fresh sliced mushrooms with shallots, fresh thyme, butter, worchestershire sauce, and some red wine. Romaine lettuce with a dressing of lemon, olive oil, garlic, salt pepper. Tossed with pecorino romano cheese and served with ciabatta croutons.

I start thinking of dinner as soon as I open my eyes in the morning.

2" thick sirloin done on the grill medium rare and sliced down thin. Cubanelle peppers roasted on the grill. Fresh sliced mushrooms with shallots, fresh thyme, butter, worchestershire sauce, and some red wine. Romaine lettuce with a dressing of lemon, olive oil, garlic, salt pepper. Tossed with pecorino romano cheese and served with ciabatta croutons.

I start thinking of dinner as soon as I open my eyes in the morning.

Johneli you have the best descriptions of anyone regarding your dinner plans. Makes me hungry when I read them. :D

plain old garlic chicken pizza tonight with a cold beer....

Leftovers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back