Diane

Reaction score
I have a goal - to break 100, but if it happens, it happens. I'm not too concerned about it and quite honestly - it's unlikely it will happen this year. My brother has a goal of breaking 70 and he is quite concerned about it - I'm sure he'll do it before the season is over. My father, bless him, said that he thinks my brother will reach his goal before I do. Wonder who his favorite child is. :at-wits-end: Anyway - I'm curious - do you have a goal like this and is it realistic for this season or are you just reaching for the stars?

I broke 90 three times last year (two 85s and an 87) but my best this year so far is 91. I want to shoot lower than 85 before the season ends (I am playing harder courses this year, so that may be part of it). My other goal is to not have any more three digit games.

I brok 100 last year and my goal is to break 90 this year. Best round this year is 92 but I've been shooting in the mid-90's for most of the year so far. I know it will happen this year. Esp. once I figure out how to get rid of the nasty hook I have now with my driver.

My goal earlier this year was to shoot around of par golf. I had rounds of 4 and 5 over and could actually see the possibility peeking over the horizon. Since then, I have been backsliding towards triple digits and my look at par is diminishing into the distance. It is still a goal, but it looks a long way off for now.

My goal is to go from beginner to single digit handicap (or as close as I can get) in the span of 2 years. You may laugh, but why not work toward something, you know? I am not out there to try to be competitive with anyone but myself (at the same time, all my older golf buddies have really low handicaps, so take that as you will).

Goals like this are great. I highly recommend you start keep track of your rounds..IE. not just the score, but fairways hit, greens in reg., sandies, up and downs, number of putts. After about 4 rounds, it will perfectly clear where you need the most work. Then you can formulate a practice plan to fix those areas. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that you need to practice your short game (chipping and putting).

Since I play 9 holes of golf 95% of the time, and shoot bogey golf, my goal this year is to shoot 40 on a par 36. I've come close a few times in years past, but since my golf season will be ending in about a month due to surgery, I've been playing and hitting the driving range as much as my personal schedule will allow, much more than I ever have in the past.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that you need to practice your short game (chipping and putting).
Don't we all LMC! It's where most people will save the most strokes. I've been working on that but haven't seen the progress I want, just yet.

Goals like this are great. I highly recommend you start keep track of your rounds..IE. not just the score, but fairways hit, greens in reg., sandies, up and downs, number of putts. After about 4 rounds, it will perfectly clear where you need the most work. Then you can formulate a practice plan to fix those areas. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that you need to practice your short game (chipping and putting).

Right you are LMC today I went out with my future stepson he drove cart cause he had rotator cuff surgery earlier in the year, shot a 109 for 18 holes with 44 putts because of the chipping and putting off the tees and fairways can get down to the green in about 3 but then... all is not lost I have had a 97, 97, 96, 94, and 95 this year so I can do it, and will lots more before the end of the year.

My goal is to shoot consistently about 80. I've shot a million in the lower 90s, a few in the mid 80s, and a 76. I feel like I can consistently score in the upper 70s, lower 80s if I just take away the occasional 20 yard shot.

Only goal I have is to have fun out there.

I would like to shoot a round of 70 this year. 70 is par at my home course. I have had a few 71's, 72's, etc but not yet 70.

I'm looking to break 80 this season. I've shot 83 twice now, but generally shoot in the high 80s or low 90s. I have a glimmer of hope because I parred a local executive 9-hole par 29 about two weeks ago. :blob:

My goal is to break 80 for 18 holes. I don't play 18 too often, so I don't think it will happen this year. I usually got 2-3 rounds per year in the 77-79 range each year, but that was when I was playing more.

My goal for my 9 hole league is to break par - which again probably won't happen this year. I've shot even par twice, but normally I'm in the 38-42 range.

Last edited:
My goal is to break 80 every time I go out. I can tell in the first 4 holes I play if I
have chance of doing so. When I had a better handle on my game, par, or better were goals, that happily I was able to reach. I have shot under par exactly 5 times in my life, and all 5 were 1 under, par 71s.

My suggestion for any one trying to break 100, or even 90 is to work harder on their short game. Pitches, chips, and putts. A golfer with short game handicap of 2.75 or less, should be scoring in the 90s, and high 80s. :clapp:

My goal was to break 100.Got that done for awhile but now my goal is to break 120.

My goal was to break 100.Got that done for awhile but now my goal is to break 120.

I wonder exactly how many posts here make me LOL? hehe

I just want to eagle all four par-5's on my local club (from whites), who cares what the total score is.............I could shoot a 155 as long as I do this! Closest I have gotten was last year eagled three, then on the last one (18 and the easiest/shortest BTW) for some reason decided to not fade my 2 iron, hit it straight and high, over the green and roll it into the water.............:angry:

Since then I am doing good to at least putt at an eagle on one during a whole round!

Also want to get a hole-in-one 260ish yard, 75% VERY steep downgrade #10 4 par (actually plays around 175 its that much of a drop-off) at the Lodge GC in Cloudcroft NM (only a 9-hole course so technically #1 diff just pin and green) , this is more likely a lifetime goal since closest I have been is 8 feet and I MISSED the eagle!

Last goal is to get a hole-in-one during some type of competition, has eluded me thus far..............

My goal earlier this year was to shoot around of par golf. I had rounds of 4 and 5 over and could actually see the possibility peeking over the horizon. Since then, I have been backsliding towards triple digits and my look at par is diminishing into the distance. It is still a goal, but it looks a long way off for now.

What he said.....

Back