New Titleist Irons

The back of the blade looks remarkably like the back of my 09 Burners. Very similar IMO. Anyone agree?

I think the Burners are more cavity back with a pocket in the back of the sole where the Titleists are more like a cavity wrapped around a muscleback iron. I really doubt that they Titleists are "game improvement" irons like the Burners.

I think the Burners are more cavity back with a pocket in the back of the sole where the Titleists are more like a cavity wrapped around a muscleback iron. I really doubt that they Titleists are "game improvement" irons like the Burners.

One thing about these Burners.....you have to get used to them, but once they (you) start coming around you can swing very easily and they will fly further than any iron you've ever hit IMO.

They look like the Mizuno MP-62s.

One thing about these Burners.....you have to get used to them, but once they (you) start coming around you can swing very easily and they will fly further than any iron you've ever hit IMO.

I have a couple of buddies that have the Burners and all like them. I tried them out before I bought the R7's, which I later returned. I just much prefer a forged blade. It is not so much the forging as it is the thinner topline and the reduced offset. I just cannot get comfortable over them. I never know where the long irons are going. As far as length, I hit 7 from 155 to 170 depending on the weather and my back, so length is usually not a problem, but I tend to spray the ball with game improvement irons. Don't know why, it is probably me, not the clubs. A mind is a terrible thing to have...:D

but I tend to spray the ball with game improvement irons. Don't know why, it is probably me, not the clubs. A mind is a terrible thing to have...:D

You are correct that it is probably you...with the game improvement irons you are probably not dialing in your focus like you would if you had a blade in your hand. You subconsciously are thinking I do not have to try as hard because the club should help me...wrong answer :at-wits-end:

Hmm looks interesting but IMO and IMO only the AP1's have too thick of a topline at address compared to the other player's type GI irons I like so if they have given them a diet I will probably check these out, then again I am having a hard time not just pulling the trigger on either the Adams A4's or A4 black tours, they are pretty nice!

Back