Which Club or Clubs.........

I'm not fond of practicing

+1. I don't like the range very much. I hit too many balls too quickly, then find myself repeating a bad swing because I am fatigued.

I always hit my PW first. I hit about 5 - 10 balls, taking lots of practice swings between, 4- - 5. This gets me pretty warmed up, and it also sets a slow tone for the practice session. I find that I have a much better session at the range when I take my time.

After PW, I hit my 7 / 6, then jump to my 4 wood / hybrid / driver before hitting the long irons. I don't hit my long irons consistently, so I always need to feel confident about my swing before hitting them. That's why I try to get into a good groove before hitting them. If i have a couple bad swings with the long irons, I'll switch back to the PW and swing until I feel confident again.

Being a beginner, I find that confidence makes such a difference in how well I strike the ball --> that's why I probably end up hitting PW with 30% of my range balls even as I'm trying to figure out my long irons :p

at the moment i concentrate on my 5 wood through to the 7 iron. I have worked out that it is the poor execution on these shots that cost me GIR's and therefore shots. Particularly on longer par 4s.

I do warm up with some PW shots though...and if before a round will hit a couple with the driver too.

i always start and finish with the wedges.....but i change clubs every/every other shot

Back