WNY/NWPA & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to both of you guys! I hope the weather is great for you!

Thanks!! Right now the weather looks good but who knows. First round is going to be Saturday at Hillandale golf course in Durham, NC. The course is right down the street from by friend's house and will allow us to bring his son with us. I think Allan is playing his first round tomorrow - lucky guy. I will try to post a couple of pictures as I go.

Thanks!! Right now the weather looks good but who knows. First round is going to be Saturday at Hillandale golf course in Durham, NC. The course is right down the street from by friend's house and will allow us to bring his son with us. I think Allan is playing his first round tomorrow - lucky guy. I will try to post a couple of pictures as I go.

Awesome! I look forward to the pictures!!

On a Fantasy golf note - I am really glad that I decided to go with Mickleson this weekend. Hopefully he can keep it up. Went with Lefty and Bubba - have to represent the lefties!! :)
)
)

hey aaron, good choice with lefty, he must be good, i saw him back one up, lol, enjoy your weather and hit it striaght

hey allan, put a $10 chip on 21 at the roulette wheel, it has been a lucky number for me in the past. enjoy the weather and the golf

hey allan, put a $10 chip on 21 at the roulette wheel, it has been a lucky number for me in the past. enjoy the weather and the golf
Ok......limited computer here but after a 3 hr plane delay,I made it! GPS wouldn't work yesterday and credit card issues arose so had trouble with car rental.Missed my first day of golf.........Day from H3ll !! Now it's Sat. morning and looks like my card is working,GPS is working and car issues will be resolved at 9 am.
11:44 tee time and 67 degrees! $10 on 21 tonite Mike! Looking like a GREAT DAY! Wish me luck! I'll try to get on again in a few days.

How's the trip going guys? Get some cash at the roulette wheel Allan?

How's the trip going guys? Get some cash at the roulette wheel Allan?
Been in the high 60's and low 70's Played Wildhorse yesterday and Legacy today.Desert golf really does a number on your clubs if you stray from the fairway! With my caliber of play I'll need a new set by the end of the week,Ha! OK, up $245. on the slots and will try to get Mike the same in the next day or so. Doing my best to stay in touch.Shef,lots of pics to send when I get back and you can post them. Take care guys!

Been in the high 60's and low 70's Played Wildhorse yesterday and Legacy today.Desert golf really does a number on your clubs if you stray from the fairway! With my caliber of play I'll need a new set by the end of the week,Ha! OK, up $245. on the slots and will try to get Mike the same in the next day or so. Doing my best to stay in touch.Shef,lots of pics to send when I get back and you can post them. Take care guys!

Awesome! Sounds like you're having a great time!! I'm jealous! I'll be more than happy to help ya with the pictures!

Sounds awesome Allan. Sorry about the clubs:) i guess all you need is a new driver to keep you out of the desert. jk
Hope you keep having fun. Maybe take a picture or two to make us jealous. I can say that it is mighty chilly and snowy here in Lancaster. Going up to LCC this Thursday for dinner and I might start breaking down in tears because of the snow on the course there. Man, I want summer to come fast. Keep having fun

cold and snow here allan, sounds like your having a great time. plumb creek is now a cobra dealer....just in case you beat 'em up too bad...lol

Thanks guys! Having a great time and the only club that hasn't taken a beating is my putter(kidding) Not playing too bad but it's so nice to just get out and enjoy several rounds in the 70's...........degrees,that is. Talk to ya soon.

Heys guys!! Trip has been great here and I am glad to hear Allan is having a great time. First couple of days in Durham, NC were in the 50s - I know you heart bleeds for me. Since being in Charleston, it has been in the 60s and 70s. Got to play Crowfield Country Club in Goose Creek, SC. It was $15 to walk the course, but one thing they left out - it was 1/4 mile walk between 2-3 holes. Rounds have been up and down for the most part. Came about 2 feet from a hole in one and double bogeyed the next hole. Waiting on another to come in and then it will be 3 rounds in 3 days. I am going to try and post a couple of pictures in a few. Hang in there with the snow!!

photo (6).jpg

This is Crowfield Country Club at Goose Creek, SC. $15 to walk the course.

Last edited:
Haven't posted in a while due to things being insane for me lately. Just golfed a round in Tucson, AZ at my hotel on a down-day for work. Didn't have anything with me so had to rent some Nike clubs they had. 9-hole course nestled in mountain range. Unreal scenery and somehow shot a 38. Looking forward to warm weather in Buffalo more than ever and meeting some of you hopefully. Here are some pics ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360447777.622763.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360447786.006513.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360447794.539218.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360447808.205765.jpg

Haven't posted in a while due to things being insane for me lately. Just golfed a round in Tucson, AZ at my hotel on a down-day for work. Didn't have anything with me so had to rent some Nike clubs they had. 9-hole course nestled in mountain range. Unreal scenery and somehow shot a 38. Looking forward to warm weather in Buffalo more than ever and meeting some of you hopefully. Here are some pics View attachment 7606View attachment 7607View attachment 7608View attachment 7609

Wow! That's a gorgeous little course. Congrats on the good round! Definitely look forward to meeting ya on your return!

Haven't posted in a while due to things being insane for me lately. Just golfed a round in Tucson, AZ at my hotel on a down-day for work. Didn't have anything with me so had to rent some Nike clubs they had. 9-hole course nestled in mountain range. Unreal scenery and somehow shot a 38. Looking forward to warm weather in Buffalo more than ever and meeting some of you hopefully. Here are some pics View attachment 7606View attachment 7607View attachment 7608View attachment 7609

Course is a beaut man. Excited to hang out with you guys this summer. I'll be up in Buffalo quite a bit this summer and fall

Course is a beaut man. Excited to hang out with you guys this summer. I'll be up in Buffalo quite a bit this summer and fall

Can't wait to meet everyone. Allan and Aaron are great guys. Really glad I got to meet them so far and only excited to meet more of you guys. We will definitely plan some rounds together.

goose creek is a nice area, lived there for about 6 months just out of college in 1982, nice to here you guys are enjoying your golf, am enjoying the snow here. not sure if it is good or bad (lol) but got the wife a nice set of clubs at chilli during the super bowl sale. i also got a nice new callaway stand bag for myself. looking for to warm weather , simulator is ok but want to feel the grass under my feet!

goose creek is a nice area, lived there for about 6 months just out of college in 1982, nice to here you guys are enjoying your golf, am enjoying the snow here. not sure if it is good or bad (lol) but got the wife a nice set of clubs at chilli during the super bowl sale. i also got a nice new callaway stand bag for myself. looking for to warm weather , simulator is ok but want to feel the grass under my feet!

Last round today in Durham and then I head back to Rochester tomorrow. Not looking forward to seeing all of the snow. Like you said, it has been nice walking around the golf courses feeling the grass under your feet - I don't even mind getting into a bunker!!

Going to post a couple more pictures in a minute. After today it will be a total of 4 rounds in the last 4 days. A lot of great golf courses around Charleston and all relatively affordable. Not trying to rub it in with the pictures, but figured it would be a little bit of sunshine on a snowy weekend. Enjoy..

CharlestonNational#14.jpgCharlestonNational#18.jpg

This is Charleston National Golf Club up in Mount Pleasant, SC. The story we were told was that the course was originally built to rival Augusta, but a hurricane devastated the course and never fully recovered. The new investors built houses around it and it never got to the same level as Augusta. That being said - easily one of the hardest courses I have ever played on. Had to be pin point all day and it was a great test. Had a stretch of 4 pars in a row, but then also had a couple of triple bogeys

The 2 pictures are #14 (pretty sure it was 14) that was a Par 5 about 525 yards. Went driver/ 4 iron to the green side bunker on the left. Problem was that my second shot plugged and it took 2 shots to get out of the bunker. Saved par though.

The second is #18 - a short, nasty Par 3 to end the round. Marsh in the front and bunkers all the way around the back of the green. Ended up putting my shot in the back bunker and then nearly holed out with my bunker shot. Tapped in for a Par.

Would definitely play this course again in a heart beat.. Oh and there were alligators. One of which started eyeing us a little and we had to get out of there.

PatriotsPointLink#17.jpgPatriotsPointLinks#11.jpg

This is Patriots Point Links golf course which is just outside of Charleston right on the bay overlooking the city of Charleston. Definitely a Links style course and not as tough as Charleston National. That being said, someone turned the wind machine on and forgot to turn it off! I hit an 7 iron into a 165 yard Par 3 (normally would hit between a 9 and 8 iron) and barely made the green.

These pictures are of the 11th hole that has the Cooper River Bridge in the back ground. It was a decent (380 yard) par 4 that was a dog leg left. The wind knocked down my second shot to the green and I had ended up tapping in for bogey.

The next shot is the Par 3 17th. Which overlooks the Bay. Once you got past the beauty, you had a 139 yard tee shot to a small green that was completely surrounded by marsh. Hit the front of the green on my tee shot and spun off. Thankfully didn't roll into the marsh but came close. Pitched on and just missed my par putt.

One of my highlights on this trip were the signs on the golf courses that read:

DO NOT GO IN!

Spiders
Snakes
Alligators
Sharp reeds

Sorry, but if I go in there the sharp reeds are the last of my worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back