Easiest to hit hybrid

I found Cleveland Launcher DST hybrid the easiest.. and you can pick this very cheap since it is not the latest model :)

Adams a12OS are very easy to hit. The RazrX line is not bad either. Cleveland has a hybrid iron set called HB3 that are very easy to hit as well.

Razr XF hybrids are the easiest to hit club I have ever owned. They are absolutely perfect although if you don't like offset these will not be for you

A12OS from Adams is pretty easy to me, I also have a couple of Nike 2012 VRs's that are awesome and seem to fly with an easy swing. My Titleist is one of the hardest for me to hit. When I hit it pure it's crushed but it doesn't always work out for me.

My burner 2.0's on the other hand I've had for a long time and they have R flex shafts in them, hook machines. With an S flex they'd probably be pretty awesome as the head design is almost identical to the VRs.

Razr XF hybrids are the easiest to hit club I have ever owned. They are absolutely perfect although if you don't like offset these will not be for you

The XFs really get the ball up in the air. There's no question about that. They've got a LOT of offset though, so if you're prone to hooking with a club with Offset (e.g. the Mashie), then you're not going to like it. Again, they are easy to elevate the ball with though.

I've often found hybrids to hit GREAT off of mats or the tee, but then I find that I struggle out on the course with weird lies. Larger headed hybrids with flat bottoms seem to be the worst for me.

Everyone tells you to try what they have in their bag, and I'm going to be just as guilty here.The Trilogy that I currently have in my bag doesn't suffer from the performance gap. If anything it is better on the course than off the mat. It sets up almost dead neutral with very little offset. Most importantly the ball gets up in the air and just wants to go straight.

I say this having owned the Razr XFs that Chunky mentions as well as the X, FT-IZ and Diablo Edge hybrids from Callaway. I've also owned hybrids from Adams and TaylorMade and have also owned the Mashies and HB3s from Cleveland. I've probably hit hybrids from most major OEMS that people have if you look around signatures. The Trilogy stands out above all of those.

I love my RBZ hybrid...does not seem to have as much draw bias as others. Which makes it easier for me to keep on-line.

Titleist 910. You get your moneys worth.

I love my RBZ hybrid...does not seem to have as much draw bias as others. Which makes it easier for me to keep on-line.

I do not hit hybrids and honestly never got along with them and as much as i cannot stand the Rocketballz line or white heads.....their stage 2 and original RBALLZ hybrids are the bees knees from my understanding and anyone who ever owned one!

Mashies and my Staff Fybrid, both are EXTREMELY easy to hit.

The XFs really get the ball up in the air. There's no question about that. They've got a LOT of offset though, so if you're prone to hooking with a club with Offset (e.g. the Mashie), then you're not going to like it. Again, they are easy to elevate the ball with though.

I've often found hybrids to hit GREAT off of mats or the tee, but then I find that I struggle out on the course with weird lies. Larger headed hybrids with flat bottoms seem to be the worst for me.

Everyone tells you to try what they have in their bag, and I'm going to be just as guilty here.The Trilogy that I currently have in my bag doesn't suffer from the performance gap. If anything it is better on the course than off the mat. It sets up almost dead neutral with very little offset. Most importantly the ball gets up in the air and just wants to go straight.

I say this having owned the Razr XFs that Chunky mentions as well as the X, FT-IZ and Diablo Edge hybrids from Callaway. I've also owned hybrids from Adams and TaylorMade and have also owned the Mashies and HB3s from Cleveland. I've probably hit hybrids from most major OEMS that people have if you look around signatures. The Trilogy stands out above all of those.

Not familiar with these. How do the stock shafts compare?

easiest to hit -- im suprised no-one has mentioned the r11 rescue, so much nicer then rbz imo

A week a go I would have said the Yonex Ezone. It by far the best hybrid I've had in the bag. But then I spent some seRious time at a Callaway demo day. The Xhot pro is extremely easy to hit as is the Xhot. The Xhot is very easy to hit and performs well.

The easiest hybrid for me to hit is still the old Nike SQ Sumo2. Not the prettiest gal out there, but man it gets the job done.

Flykiks you couldn't be more right. The RBZ hybrids are the shiz for anti hook. But it has to be the tour model. The regular model has a closed face that I just can't stand and it's huge

Currently I'm loving my 909h 21*. It's so solid, very predictable distance & trajectory.

Just picked up a ping i20 17* for cheap & looking forward to putting it into play once the snow melts :)

My first hybrid was a Callway Big Bertha Diablo 3.... after about 1 season... i kept in stashed in the closet and just recently took it.... wow.. forgot how easy this club is to hit.

Ive also owned a Taylormade Rescue 2 H and 4h Taylormade Superfast 2.0 .... both ended up selling both and just keeping the old hybrid....

Tour Edge Exotics hybrids, Callaway XHot, and the Callaway Razor X are my favorites. I am looking at putting another hybrid in the bag and it is down to the XHot or the TEE XCG 5 or 6. In all reality however you need to hit a bunch of them and figure out what works best for you. Some of my buddies hate my Razr X and I love it so it is all down to your personal preferences and if you want to go stock or upgrade the shaft.

The RBZ hybrids work great for me, easy to get up in the air, long, and straight.

My favorites from three year ago (used to live right down the street from SecondSwing) NICKENT (could never find the right degree to fill my gap or this would be what I play), second is WS fybrid (think I am going back to it instead of my DXIs), rented clubs in Mexico last year and really liked the Taylormade hybrid (think it was an R11), Adams were good for me too.

Not familiar with these. How do the stock shafts compare?

Chasd3: I think the Tour AD shaft in the Trilogy is designed to help elevate the ball. I'm not so sure it is a weak shaft, just that it has a bit more kick down in the tip. If you're worried, go with stiff and I think you'll be happy.

The Trilogy is a super easy club to hit though. Most anyone who has tried one pretty much comes back with that response.

Worst hybrid for me was the Ping G10 and G15 - just couldn't handle the offset. Adams are all winners; have hit A7, V3, and now gaming A12.

Personally I think the PING i20, Anser, and new G25 hybos are very easy to hit. And I suck hitting woods off the deck.

Worst hybrid for me was the Ping G10 and G15 - just couldn't handle the offset. Adams are all winners; have hit A7, V3, and now gaming A12.

For me, Adams are what I call "mat queens." They're great for me on the sim or at the range and then I'll suck out loud with them on the course. I've owned a set of A4OS and have played several rounds with my father-in-law's A7OS. I've seen nothing about the A12OS or black V3/V4 that suggest they'd be any different.

I know they work for a lot of people, but they're just not for me. I really don't get along with any of the larger headed hybrids, particularly when those are paired with flat soles.

I really like my Rescue 11

If hooking is your issue, take a look at some of the tour models. I'm a hybrid hooker as well, and I've found the Bridgestone J40s to work quite well for me.

Back