Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

My goodness I want a covert so bad!!!

If you read my speil a few pages back, I went to the store very pumped to actually hit balls with it. Did so and was very disappointed in my results. Put the tour X shaft in it and my distance and dispersion immediately saw a vast improvement. Seems (unsurprisingly) that the shaft really matters. Definitely drove home how important the entire setup is for me.

I will be joining you soon Blu! Got a quote back for a Performance with an upgraded shaft and passed out. Think I will stick with one of the stock options

time to hope you can just get an adapter and then buy your own shaft. That's my plan.

time to hope you can just get an adapter and then buy your own shaft. That's my plan.

My plan as well but I figured maybe I could get an upgraded shaft for cheap.

did you get a good price quote for the stock setup?

Yesh. I will be getting that and the Clicgear 3.5. Rocking the Arctic White/Lime

Great you were probably the guy who ruined Flykickz amazing hookup dude! Thanks a lot!

Haha this made me snart which hurt! I simply asked for a list of prices for every shaft they offered. Dude was lazy

I wonder how the Tour would go with a Kiyoshi Black?? It's my current shaft, otherwise it could help me offset the purchase of yet another club that I "don't really need" but really want...

I wonder how the Tour would go with a Kiyoshi Black?? It's my current shaft, otherwise it could help me offset the purchase of yet another club that I "don't really need" but really want...

If you can get an adapter. I bet you could make it work.

Yeah I think so too, no need to twist my rubber arm :)

I'm thinking the KK in the tour will be very similar anyway. At least from most reports.

Hey guys, new to the forum. *tips hat*

Have always been an unabashed Nike detractor. No apparent reason really other than I felt they weren't golf bluebloods. Never had an interest in their gear or marketing. Disliked Tiger (underdog fan).

Long story short I went to a comprehensive driver fitting and specifically told the fitter I was very open minded...but my one exception is I would not buy the new Nike driver.

By the end of the session my numbers with the Nike were not only better, but significantly so. Not only that, but it had my favorite feel of the bunch. Been playing JDM drivers and the Nike has that same muted, soft forged driver kind of feel that you don't find with TM, etc. Needless to say I'm the proud owner of a new Covert Tour/7M3 combo.

Strange how many people I see and hear talking about never liking Nike but falling in love with these clubs. Will definitely be interesting to see how this moves the needle over the next year. FWIW I'm STILL anti-Nike for the rest of my bag. :)

Welcome to the forum. I'm happy that you like your driver.

I like mine.

Cool kids high five.

Thanks for the warm welcome. See you're from Appleton. We always go to Fox Hills in May for a guys long golf weekend.

Thanks for the warm welcome. See you're from Appleton. We always go to Fox Hills in May for a guys long golf weekend.

That course I an hour from my house. But yet I have never been out there. Yelp.

I will be joining you soon Blu! Got a quote back for a Performance with an upgraded shaft and passed out. Think I will stick with one of the stock options

That for the Fubuki K? Lol. I heard Nike upcharges are redonkulous.

That for the Fubuki K? Lol. I heard Nike upcharges are redonkulous.

Not really. My Nippon shafts were $10 per club. It's the tip adapter that I am sure is causing the problem.

That course I an hour from my house. But yet I have never been out there. Yelp.

It isn't anything fabulous. There's several courses there actually. But the early season rates for a condo and all the golf you want to play are ridiculously low. The staff at the sports bar on site don't charge us for about half our drinks and even though there aren't a ton of people there its always a blast. It's just far enough from home to feel like a trip.

I would recommend playing a round with one if you can , I was always skeptical of LM readings in big box stores. Now those are confirmed horrible readings. But part could be because of the old cheap balls they use?

Last time I was in the PGA SS in Jerz I noticed they had a good selection of different ball models available for their staff to use in their fitting bays...

Found a guy on Ebay who actually lives a few miles from me who sells non-stock shafts with adapters and sells alot of TM and ping shafts on Ebay. He said he expects to get Covert OEM adapters in this week. I will definately being paying him a visit.

Koyoshi purple was $270

Wow, I was planning to buy an upcharge Fujikura Motore Speeder TS or Fuel Tour Spec shaft direct from NIKE, but now I'm scared to see how much it will cost...

Cobra's upcharges for the Amp Cell driver are very reasonable. For instance, a GD Tour AD BB shaft only costs $160.

The Matrix Black Tie was a $270 upcharge at GG

Tapping away on my S3

Back