Bridgestone J40 Driver Review Thread

I like it Brad. Any thoughts on the shafts that are offered on the Bridgestone site?

It's like reading German, I see the shafts, I recognize the names, but I have no idea what each one does. It's frustrating and embarrassing at the same time, LOL.

It's like that scene in Days of Thunder where Duvall and Cruise are talking and Cruise is like "I literally know nothing about cars."

That's where my fitter and B-fit are going to come in. Get my data down and then tell them what I am looking for and go from there.

It's like reading German, I see the shafts, I recognize the names, but I have no idea what each one does. It's frustrating and embarrassing at the same time, LOL.

It's like that scene in Days of Thunder where Duvall and Cruise are talking and Cruise is like "I literally know nothing about cars."

That's where my fitter and B-fit are going to come in. Get my data down and then tell them what I am looking for and go from there.

I am also going to be talking up the Bfit team. As Thainer said, I will be interested to see if what you are seeing is too high or not. I'm also pondering a trip to GA to get fit by Bridgestone if that is possible. It's about a 7 hour drive

I am also going to be talking up the Bfit team. As Thainer said, I will be interested to see if what you are seeing is too high or not. I'm also pondering a trip to GA to get fit by Bridgestone if that is possible. It's about a 7 hour drive

Is that allowed? I'd love to go with you!

^Siri probably sucks.

That'd be awesome. I would do it. 8.5-9 hours would be my limit.

Hey Chunky! We live 30 minutes from Covington, Ga. so you can stay with us, get a round of golf at Monroe CC, and get your fitting done :thumb:

last year they told us that if we were in the area that we should stop by. If I was closer I would have made that happen. I think you should do it.

Hey Chunky! We live 30 minutes from Covington, Ga. so you can stay with us, get a round of golf at Monroe CC, and get your fitting done :thumb:

Hmm I seem to remember a wager about breaking 90 from the white tees, and a BBQ finger lickin dinner involved?! :]

^Siri probably sucks.

I think so OG. My first thought is Di6

Music to my ears. J40 445 10.5 with DI-6 stiff for me, unless I have a chance to go through a Bridgestone fitting and get put into something else.

I'd love to go to Covington for a fitting!

Looks like OG/KB are going to have to make up a bunch of the spare beds lol. It would be fun to get a few of us together and all get fit with a full writeup

OG I truly appreciate the offer and I may just hit you up

Music to my ears. J40 445 10.5 with DI-6 stiff for me, unless I have a chance to go through a Bridgestone fitting and get put into something else.

That's where I was leaning towards too, bfit suggests the ad-dj for me, I think both combos are winners

Hmm I seem to remember a wager about breaking 90 from the white tees, and a BBQ finger lickin dinner involved?! :]

^Siri probably sucks.

Yea buddy! Seriously, I am going to work on getting an invite down there for some club advice. KellyBo has already been to the facility and said how nice it is.

I have a high to almost too high ball height as it is. I am thinking of going with the 9.5* and a low to mid launching shaft. Something that can give me that nice penetrating mid ball flight. I don't know what shaft that will be, but that is my goal.

Yeah be careful, mine is high but these heads really kill spin could lead to knuckleballs I'm usually 9 or 9.5 and this time will be at least 10.5 with a mid to high launching shaft

I would love to see a couple of you get to Bridgestone HQ and get a fitting for a J40 driver. Make this happen fellas!!!

Just checked Google Maps, 2:45 from my parents' house to Bridgestone HQ. My parents support this event, I'm sure they'd be fine with me staying with them, only to leave them for an entire day to go to Bridgestone!

Looks like OG/KB are going to have to make up a bunch of the spare beds lol. It would be fun to get a few of us together and all get fit with a full writeup

OG I truly appreciate the offer and I may just hit you up

We'll put ya up in the barn with the mules :D

I'd love to but its 8 hours for me and with the mc and 4 invitationals its probably not in the cards

Chunk? Ary? Can either of you do a Monday-Tuesday in mid-late march?

^Siri probably sucks.

Doubtful. I think further discussion should go to PM so as not to clog this thread up.

As Ary said, maybe we should go through PM's. But just to answer the question, I can only do weekends. I can't take anymore days off due to my recent issues

Man I would love to be able to go do a full fitting at Bridgestone HQ....just a tad bit too far for me though.

White Rhino's took his J40 driver and had the stock Project X 5.5 shaft put back in it and sent it to me so I could get some work in with it, and I was pretty impressed.
I played with it over the weekend and only hit 88% of the fairways in 36 holes....it was ridiculous....it's a 10.5* head and I still hit it lower than my 8.5* Razr Fit!

I still need to find the exact right shaft for me, but right now I am thinking a 10.5* J40 430 head for the more mid launch. I SOOOOOO wish we could put a B. Asha in one of these!!

As of right now that is the combo I am going with!!

Man I would love to be able to go do a full fitting at Bridgestone HQ....just a tad bit too far for me though.

White Rhino's took his J40 driver and had the stock Project X 5.5 shaft put back in it and sent it to me so I could get some work in with it, and I was pretty impressed.
I played with it over the weekend and only hit 88% of the fairways in 36 holes....it was ridiculous....it's a 10.5* head and I still hit it lower than my 8.5* Razr Fit!

I still need to find the exact right shaft for me, but right now I am thinking a 10.5* J40 430 head for the more mid launch. I SOOOOOO wish we could put a B. Asha in one of these!!

So glad it is working for you my friend!!

Back