Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

Just got my President's Day Golfsmith flier in my email. The Covert was not on the list of excluded items. I will be hitting this tomorrow.

I may or may not have purchased this driver today. First time I've been excited for a Nike wood

To anyone who can help, I hit the Covert for about half an hour today. My LM numbers were about:

swing speed: 88-95; LA: 11-13; spin: 3600 - 4000; ball speed: 134; carry: 225-230; deviation (I guess how far off center in yards): 7 - 8.

My concern, along with the worker, was the LA should get a little higher, but then he was worried the spin would result in loss of distance. I really liked how the club felt, and consistency/accuracy seemed pretty good, but am wondering if the spin numbers are ok considering the lower LA? Or do I need to get the LA higher and spin down for more distance? If so, anyone know any ways to do this?

I'm new at trying to read these numbers, but want to make sure I get the best driver possible.

Thanks!

What did you have the loft set at?

9.5, then 10.5. The 10.5 was a little higher and further, just a little though. Spin was about the same, maybe a little on the lower range.

9.5, then 10.5. The 10.5 was a little higher and further, just a little though. Spin was about the same, maybe a little on the lower range.

Keep going up man. 11.5 or even 12.5.

I have mine set at the best results with 12.5*

Ok cool. Really liked the club, so that sounds like a good idea. I thought a lighter shaft might help, but at 50g, I like that I can get that low ball flight if needed with a lighter shaft. Thanks blu!

This. People need not fear the high lofts!

This. People need not fear the high lofts!

Mine will be set at 12 and as soon as I can, the Beyootcha will be tipped. I have a feeling that will be a lethal combo

Ok cool. Really liked the club, so that sounds like a good idea. I thought a lighter shaft might help, but at 50g, I like that I can get that low ball flight if needed with a lighter shaft. Thanks blu!

Embrace the loft.

Mine will be set at 12 and as soon as I can, the Beyootcha will be tipped. I have a feeling that will be a lethal combo

Set at 12!? How can you do that? I didn't think the covert did .5* increments.

Height to excite!!

Mine will be set at 12 and as soon as I can, the Beyootcha will be tipped, and there will be a package on the way to Oklahoma. I have a feeling that will be a lethal combo

FIFY brother! haha

I love it though, EMBRACE IT!

11.5 or 12.5...

Are we doing Price is Right rules? Closest without going over?

Dang right in the middle. It might be a survival of the fittest. Maybe go 11.5 and close the face a bit

Glad I mentioned this. The guy suggested going higher and I wasn't sure what to think. I'm going back tomorrow with loft on the mind!

Glad I mentioned this. The guy suggested going higher and I wasn't sure what to think. I'm going back tomorrow with loft on the mind!

Not sure how true it is, but I have always heard the higher the loft, the more forgiving. I like forgiveness

Point of reference. My ball speeds were/are north of 147. My launch is 12-14* and my spin between 2400-2700 rpm. I live the high loft.

Not sure how true it is, but I have always heard the higher the loft, the more forgiving. I like forgiveness

Higher loft adds back spin, which gets rid of some of the sidespin (or at least overwhelms it). Same reason many people slice a driver but not their irons.

Higher loft adds back spin, which gets rid of some of the sidespin (or at least overwhelms it). Same reason many people slice a driver but not their irons.

Thanks dude.

Anybody get a change to crack at the Covert Hybrid?

Back