Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

190 yard 6 iron is solid buddy. Sounds like you have yourself some winners here man, that's awesome. I went to the golf shop today and drooled over the X Hot Pro irons again. Man these babies are awesome!

Jason -- I have heard from a friend that these irons are the real deal!

First off congrats! Do you feel they are too forgiving for the style of iron they are? I'm not complaining but these clubs are surprisingly forgiving. You don't expect that looking down at them but the ball performs on off center hits and really performs when hit flush.

Thanks, Freddie. I think they are very forgiving indeed, but the difference between these and other irons that have this type of forgiveness is that you can still tell when you are off center but still get the same distance as a solid strike. That really sold me and told me that I found a real winner here.

190 yard 6 iron is solid buddy. Sounds like you have yourself some winners here man, that's awesome. I went to the golf shop today and drooled over the X Hot Pro irons again. Man these babies are awesome!

Thanks Jake. You are gonna be in heaven when you try these out. All you Callaway staffers are gonna have some hard choices this year with all the awesome gear out there.

Jason -- I have heard from a friend that these irons are the real deal!
Yeah I got a good friend who I trust his judgement and knowledge of irons who has them and he LOVES em. I cannot wait to get them outside on a range.

Thanks Jake. You are gonna be in heaven when you try these out. All you Callaway staffers are gonna have some hard choices this year with all the awesome gear out there.
Everytime I've hit them in the sim I leave more and more impressed!

How were the backspin numbers? The new XHot irons and woods have my attention. I had a new set of Razr X Tour irons last year in an attempt to toy with GI irons. I moved them because of inconsistent distances. I'd hit some right at my distances and others flew the green.

Spin is right on with any other iron I have hit. No crazy low numbers like I have seen on the Rocketbladez. Just a nice high, long ball flight.

Spin is right on with any other iron I have hit. No crazy low numbers like I have seen on the Rocketbladez. Just a nice high, long ball flight.

Good to hear. Right now I'm focusing on a 3w fitting but I'll have to check these irons out after.

First off congrats! Do you feel they are too forgiving for the style of iron they are? I'm not complaining but these clubs are surprisingly forgiving. You don't expect that looking down at them but the ball performs on off center hits and really performs when hit flush.

Freddie, how do you compare the X Hot Pros to R11s (which I think you had)? These really intrigue me a lot (both the Pro and the non-Pro). Not sure I'm getting irons this year, but there aren't many sets I would trade the R11s for.

Man. If I were to move away from PING irons then these would be the ones. These are just some sexy sticks that are packing real deal performance under the hood. Never thought I'd say that about Callaway but I'm really liking what I'm seeing from them this year.

Freddie, how do you compare the X Hot Pros to R11s (which I think you had)? These really intrigue me a lot (both the Pro and the non-Pro). Not sure I'm getting irons this year, but there aren't many sets I would trade the R11s for.
There is more feed back from the Xhot pros, they launch higher and if you can believe it they are longer by a half to full club.

There is more feed back from the Xhot pros, they launch higher and if you can believe it they are longer by a half to full club.

I was just coming in to ask the same question. Gonna be a tough decision this year for me. Dunno if I wanna go xhot pros or XForged. Really need to see some distances to see how far I want my irons to go this year. I place the xhot pros in line with the R11s from what I've seen so far. So I guess the decision will come down to if I want to stay where I'm at iron wise or go with the forged and see how they are for my game. It is interesting that the xhot pros are better and longer than the r11s love those irons.

I am about to buy these and saying goodbye to my beloved i20s. I hit these in the px5.5 and man the ball sings. The pros are sweeeeeet

Man. If I were to move away from PING irons then these would be the ones. These are just some sexy sticks that are packing real deal performance under the hood. Never thought I'd say that about Callaway but I'm really liking what I'm seeing from them this year.

Come on guys, you are freaking me out now :banghead:! Has anyone actually played both the Ping I20 irons and the Cally X Hot Pros and if so, what is the main difference besides looks?

Come on guys, you are freaking me out now :banghead:! Has anyone actually played both the Ping I20 irons and the Cally X Hot Pros and if so, what is the main difference besides looks?
I've hit both OG and there is no comparison. The Xhot pros are longer and more forgiving.

I was just coming in to ask the same question. Gonna be a tough decision this year for me. Dunno if I wanna go xhot pros or XForged. Really need to see some distances to see how far I want my irons to go this year. I place the xhot pros in line with the R11s from what I've seen so far. So I guess the decision will come down to if I want to stay where I'm at iron wise or go with the forged and see how they are for my game. It is interesting that the xhot pros are better and longer than the r11s love those irons.
Ill say this much, you're gonna want an iron that launches high and lands soft to get close to some of those flags in MB

I've hit both OG and there is no comparison. The Xhot pros are longer and more forgiving.

Thanks buddy and I value your opinion greatly. Hmmmmmm the little hamster in my brain has the wheel turning again :bulgy-eyes:.

Ah crap, missed the local Callaway demo which was yesterday.

Ill say this much, you're gonna want an iron that launches high and lands soft to get close to some of those flags in MB

That's never been a problem for me. I'm usually looking for a lower launch. I really can't wait for a fitting. I need some solid numbers with good shafts in them. Gonna be a fun experience for me.

That's never been a problem for me. I'm usually looking for a lower launch. I really can't wait for a fitting. I need some solid numbers with good shafts in them. Gonna be a fun experience for me.
I'm with you bro, I'm really looking forward to seeing some real numbers.

Just hit my XHPs yesterday for the first time. Currently in love, especially with KBS shafts. Talk about forgiving, jeez.

Wow!!! That is one light shaft!

haha getting older good buddy :D. These shafts felt better than any I have had in recent memory. I wanted graphites on my next set however once I hit these several times, it was a no brainer. I wish I had takened some pics of the launch monitor results of the total distance and the dispersion pics. KellyBo and my fitter were both bug eyed. lol

Congrats OG! Can wait to hear more about them.

OG with the Xhot purchase, noice

Has anyone seen the offset specs on these two sets posted anywhere? I don't see them listed in the specs on Callaway's website (even though several manufacturers do list that info).

Just curious how they compare numerically to some other sets.

haha getting older good buddy :D. These shafts felt better than any I have had in recent memory. I wanted graphites on my next set however once I hit these several times, it was a no brainer. I wish I had takened some pics of the launch monitor results of the total distance and the dispersion pics. KellyBo and my fitter were both bug eyed. lol

Just getting wiser! ;)

Back