Cobra AMP CELL Irons Preview

This was one of the first things I noticed, and I can't say I liked it.

I was surprised, it didn't seem like that in the pictures.

As well as I hit these, I would be a fool to go with anything else. Just need to figure out which color.

Stock set up or did you try something different
Sorry, my comments cut off!

I played a few different shafts in them, stock stiff, KBS stiff+ and graphite.

Truth be told I gained like 15 yards with the graphite shaft, it was crazy! As weird as it sounds I'm leaning towards that shaft.

EDIT: I forgot to note, I can't wait to try the AMP Cell Pros, I think those may be the winners, but I can't wait to hit both cells side by side!

15 yards with the graphite. That is crazy.

15 yards with the graphite. That is crazy.
That's what I thought, I didn't get a chance to check long term dispersion, but the numbers couldn't lie on the few I hit with them!

Truth be told I gained like 15 yards with the graphite shaft, it was crazy! As weird as it sounds I'm leaning towards that shaft.

EDIT: I forgot to note, I can't wait to try the AMP Cell Pros, I think those may be the winners, but I can't wait to hit both cells side by side!

Bullfrog went with graphite shafts last year and absolutely loved what he saw from his clubs.

Dude, that's awesome!! If graphite adds to your game, I say play it!! 15 yards is beast!

Dude, that's awesome!! If graphite adds to your game, I say play it!! 15 yards is beast!
I know, it's tough to ignore that kind of distance!!!
Bullfrog went with graphite shafts last year and absolutely loved what he saw from his clubs.
The only thing I wish was if there were multiple graphite shafts to compare to, it's tough to compare steel to graphite without other options. I'm going to call the local Cobra rep tomorrow!!!

That is nuts my man. Great to hear you have your shaft idea in place for these irons.

I don't remember this being posted here before, but if it has...consider this a bump :D

Just soooo sexi.

Great info:

Great video! I'm still waiting to hit these and hope tat they're as sweet as I think they'll be.

without hitting them or the pro's do you have any inclination which way you are leaning right now?

without hitting them or the pro's do you have any inclination which way you are leaning right now?

I know you weren't asking me, but I have an interesting answer to that after hitting the amp cell, I hit the amp cell up against the amp forged and really leaned forged, but I'm almost leaning more towards the amp cell pro and I haven't hit them!

Hoping we have all the sets available in May.
I don't think I'm good enough for the Pro's, although they are gorgeous, and I don't know if there's much difference between the AMP and AMP CELL irons, because other than the cavity, they look the same to me.

I know you weren't asking me, but I have an interesting answer to that after hitting the amp cell, I hit the amp cell up against the amp forged and really leaned forged, but I'm almost leaning more towards the amp cell pro and I haven't hit them!

I'm wondering what the size difference is between the AMP Forged and the AMP Cell Pro in the double cavity version. Since you can get that all the way up to an 8 iron it makes it more interesting to me.

I'm looking forward to JB getting his hands on both sets. Hopefully that is in the very near future.

I'm wondering what the size difference is between the AMP Forged and the AMP Cell Pro in the double cavity version. Since you can get that all the way up to an 8 iron it makes it more interesting to me.

I'm looking forward to JB getting his hands on both sets. Hopefully that is in the very near future.

Agreed. I hope it's the very near future!

Siri speaks for me!

Lean away dude. I already fell for the Pros haha

Lean away dude. I already fell for the Pros haha

It's tough not to. I'm even considering a mixed set of AMP Cell, AMP forged and AMP Pros. Maybe I'm over thinking it!

Siri speaks for me!

It's tough not to. I'm even considering a mixed set of AMP Cell, AMP forged and AMP Pros. Maybe I'm over thinking it!

Siri speaks for me!

We still have time to ponder. I'm sure my mind will change 809090909 times before I put my order in.

We still have time to ponder. I'm sure my mind will change 809090909 times before I put my order in.
Agreed, mine has as well, the one thing though I seem to be finding more ways to include the AMP Cells and Pros together!!!

Right now I'm thinking amp cell. Cobra has a demo day here in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to giving the full line up a go.

Back