Project X Introduces New Project X 95 Flighted Shaft

Lighter weight shafts seem to be trending now days. It will be interesting for sure to hit a light weight flighted shaft. I used to swing the old Rifles and thought they preformed well. Now in a light weight, they could help a few swings.

I'm pondering these more and more lately, but it's tough to find a lot of info about them, even the Project X website doesn't have them listed in their products section. Anyone swung them lately???

What shafts are you playing now and what has you interested about these, Icey?

Thanks cookie, I'm such an idiot sometimes, I looked right past them!!!
What shafts are you playing now and what has you interested about these, Icey?
When I was fitted for Mizuno irons at a demo day they recommended the Project X Flighted and I really liked the feel of them, quite a bit better than the KBS I'm playing now. Some of it was performance, but a lot was feel. And now I'm really thinking a lighter shaft for all clubs might help my club head speed a bit, which is really something I'm focused on improving and increasing, so I'm really curious if these 95 flighted will be the best of both worlds kind of thing.

I'll be going through a fitting next month so hopefully they'll have these available to hit, plus my shaft knowledge should be much better after that as well.

Thanks cookie, I'm such an idiot sometimes, I looked right past them!!!

When I was fitted for Mizuno irons at a demo day they recommended the Project X Flighted and I really liked the feel of them, quite a bit better than the KBS I'm playing now. Some of it was performance, but a lot was feel. And now I'm really thinking a lighter shaft for all clubs might help my club head speed a bit, which is really something I'm focused on improving and increasing, so I'm really curious if these 95 flighted will be the best of both worlds kind of thing.

I'll be going through a fitting next month so hopefully they'll have these available to hit, plus my shaft knowledge should be much better after that as well.

I am thinking very similar to you. I was also fitted into the PX Flighted and they have treated me very well. But, I also had a good experience with the KBS Tour 90's. The PX 95's may be a match made in heaven for me.

Right on man. Hopefully you'll be able to take some swings with them.

I am thinking very similar to you. I was also fitted into the PX Flighted and they have treated me very well. But, I also had a good experience with the KBS Tour 90's. The PX 95's may be a match made in heaven for me.
My thought process exactly, I hope they have them or I can swing some soon!

I stumbled across the new Callaway X Hot Pro irons that had these shafts in them and was excited to see that the PX 95 Flighted shaft was indeed what was in the demo set they had there. They are lighter, but not so much that it's the first thing you notice. My first instinct was to think the heads were a little heavier, but I'm thinking that the lighter shaft just helps me feel the head a little more. I loved the PX Flighted shafts that I had in my Bridgestone DPC irons (I had reg PX Rifle in my CB's). The 95 is nice because it's nice and light, yet still plenty stout so you're not feeling like you're swinging a whippy shaft by any means. The trajectory of the iron shots I was hitting was very nice. Image below from TrackMan, this is a 7 iron. I would almost like it to be a touch higer but I've been stuck in this SUPER high losing distance rut on my ball flight lately so this was great to see. Some complained of harshness of PX shafts but I felt none of that, then again I didn't think that with either the Rifle or the PX Flighted in either of my Bridgestone sets either.

I think these are going to be a great option for people, I'm super exited to see that the stock shafts in the irons I'll likely be picking to use in the Morgan Cup are the 95 (X Hot Pro) or the PXI (X Forged), talk about a WIN WIN!!!

20130118_130112.jpg

seems like a nice ball-flight jake. 170 carry for a 7 iron. Heck I'd take that any day

seems like a nice ball-flight jake. 170 carry for a 7 iron. Heck I'd take that any day
Thanks Deano, I was happy with it. The combo of the X Hot and the PX 95 is a great setup. I'm thinking hmmmm, 7 iron on #16 at True Blue rather than the 5 iron I had to hit last time around. I could deal with that!

Thanks Deano, I was happy with it. The combo of the X Hot and the PX 95 is a great setup. I'm thinking hmmmm, 7 iron on #16 at True Blue rather than the 5 iron I had to hit last time around. I could deal with that!

lol I hit 5 iron and 4 hybrid. Maybe I need me some XHOT

lol I hit 5 iron and 4 hybrid. Maybe I need me some XHOT
You'll be taken care of with some Amp action too though buddy. But if we squeeze a practice round in I'll let you hit my XHOT....assuming I go that route and not the X Forged (which I'd let you hit too, but we'd likely be hitting 5 irons again, maybe a 6 idk).

Same here, sounds like they were able to take some of the weight out, and still keep the stoutness in the shaft. I know some have said "harsh" but I actually like a bit of that feel to keep it firm enough during a shot!!!

Any idea if the 5.5 or 6.0 is the stock off the shelf stiff?

I just ordered a set of XHot Pros today; with the 6.0 shafts. These are designated as Stiff by Cally. 5.5 is Regular and 6.5 is Xtra stiff

I'm thinking of putting these in my Bridgestone DPCs. I've sent a message to both Bridgestone and Royal Precision to help me understand what might change, other than weight. I play the flighted 6.0 now, just wondering if a switch to these might help me a little in distance. Man! I sure wish I could demo head-to-head! The difference in weight would be 125g down to 102. I used to play KBS 90 in some TaylorMade R7 irons and used to play well with them, so VERY curious about a switch to these!!!! I could use a few yards, for sure.

OK, first time in here because I was messing around today and found two different sources, one being the Shaft Fit thingy on their web site, that point me and my swing towards these shafts. I'm heavily intrigued and pondering.
I'm hitting the stock KBS 90s in my R11s so not thinking this would be a dramatic change, except maybe perhaps make me 100x better!!

And they are in fact a custom option on the AMPs? Yes, please! Good lord, I'm going to freak out if May doesn't hurry up and get here! I hope all this is available to us.

I want these in my Clevelands. Currently they are not listed on their website though. Not cool

if given the option, these have a good chance at ending up in my Cobra AMP Cell Pro MC irons.

if given the option, these have a good chance at ending up in my Cobra AMP Cell Pro MC irons.
That would be an awesome combo!!!

I am hoping these get added as an option for Bridgestone Irons, not currently listed..but keeping my fingers crossed.

Had the opportunity to hit these in 6.0 in the XHPro irons tonight. Unfortunately, the head screw was stripped, so I couldn't compare them head-to-head with the KBS Tours I was demoing in the standard XH iron. Ball flight was near identical trajectory in both setups however, a mid-high piercing flight. Spin rates were on avg within 25-50 rpms. They didn't feel light to me at all, a good mesh with the head.

IMO, definitely a more substantial feel than the Tour 90s, which I was skying in the 6i. I did hit the XHP with PX95 on avg 7-10 yards further than the XH KBS Tour setup. Almost cranked out a 200 yarder. Again, not an exact comparison though. Damn stripped head!

FYI:
px_chart_0810.png

I'm so looking forward to having these in my XHP's!

Back