Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

A full club stronger in loft compared to what? They are only 1* stronger in loft than my J40 DPCs.

He was comparing the lofts of the TT's against the 588 CB & MB's.

No TTs at my local golf galaxy, so I was pretty disappointed... Of the three in this GI/SGI group, these were on the top of my list to check out.

No TTs at my local golf galaxy, so I was pretty disappointed... Of the three in this GI/SGI group, these were on the top of my list to check out.
That sucks, Daniel. Was hoping you would get to take a look at them.

Was just looking at the Specs of these things because these things will most likely be in my bag since the TC's won't be available. I noticed that they are a full club stronger then the MB and CB lines. This changes things for me. Gonna have to go back and re-think my bag if I can't have the MB's or TC's in bag.

War, I know who've hit them. Did you notice that they were a full club stronger in loft?

Very interested to hear why you'd focus on the MBs or TCs without considering the CBs? Seems like a pretty healthy gap from one to the other.

That sucks, Daniel. Was hoping you would get to take a look at them.

Same. I really wanted a first hand idea of their size and weighting.

I don't understand why you aren't looking at the CB's? Also, why can't you have the MB's in the bag?

Very interested to hear why you'd focus on the MBs or TCs without considering the CBs? Seems like a pretty healthy gap from one to the other.

I launch the ball far too high. I already play Mizuno's version of a not quite MB, but not quite CB. I compared the CB and MB recently with my coach with the same shaft and I was able to gain about 5 yards per iron and control the ball more because it stayed lower then the CB. The CB would get too high and then not carry as far and I couldn't hit it low no matter what I tried.

I launch the ball far too high. I already play Mizuno's version of a not quite MB, but not quite CB. I compared the CB and MB recently with my coach with the same shaft and I was able to gain about 5 yards per iron and control the ball more because it stayed lower then the CB. The CB would get too high and then not carry as far and I couldn't hit it low no matter what I tried.

Wouldn't that be magnified by the TT though?

Did you try different shafts?

Wouldn't that be magnified by the TT though?
I think the TT's are just a small cavity, kind of like the irons I play now. Plus with the stronger loft, it would fly the ball down more.
Did you try different shafts?
Yes. The KBS Tours gave the best result.

I think the TT's are just a small cavity, kind of like the irons I play now. Plus with the stronger loft, it would fly the ball down more.

I haven't seen them in hand, but I'm fairly confident the TT cavity is quite a bit more substantial than the CB. Just going off what I've seen and been told when discussing what I intend to play.

At nearly scratch, I'm surprised you're not going straight MBs dude. No limitations on ball working there!

I just caught up with this thread and thank you War for the thoughts. You've really made me ponder these instead of the CBs. I had my heart set on the CBs but I need to get my hands on these TTs to see which I prefer. I like the sounds of added forgiveness with control and accuracy. Easy to hit? Yes please.

I'll try to get to GS today or tomorrow to hit these.

Just finished another round with the TT irons, and again, they just don't disappoint. Will have more thoughts up later once I get to my computer, but I know for sure these are my MC irons.

I haven't seen them in hand, but I'm fairly confident the TT cavity is quite a bit more substantial than the CB. Just going off what I've seen and been told when discussing what I intend to play.

At nearly scratch, I'm surprised you're not going straight MBs dude. No limitations on ball working there!

I would put the MB's in the bag. I just don't know if they're going to be on the list for the MC possibilities.

I would put the MB's in the bag. I just don't know if they're going to be on the list for the MC possibilities.

Seeing add how they are still current, I wouldn't see why they would not be availablem

Just finished another round with the TT irons, and again, they just don't disappoint. Will have more thoughts up later once I get to my computer, but I know for sure these are my MC irons.

Can't wait to hear more about your round buddy!! I love that you've found the right irons for you this year!!

Thread sufficiently hijacked, but I can't imagine they won't be dude. It's a current offering.

I agree completely. I almost bought the 588 combo MB-CB combo set last year and loved their look a slightly thinner top line would definitely be better on the eye.

Is anyone else surprised the face isn't laser milled? I thought that was the staple of the 588 line. I know if i were to play these in a 3i-4i from a flyer lie I would have more confidence with the laser milled grooves.

I hit one shot with the TT 9 iron, and it was probably my best iron shot of the day. If I had to order a set off the internet right now, it would be TT irons. Just a great feel in a forgiving set, its hard to beat that.

I hit these today, ill be back later with more...but ill say this, I'm a believer!

I hit these today, ill be back later with more...but ill say this, I'm a believer!
Told you! Glad you got a chance to hit them Deano.

Told you! Glad you got a chance to hit them Deano.

Yeah I tried to compare them to callaways but dude brought me a 6i instead of 7i

Where did this happen? And why wasn't I invited?!

Last minute was up in Dayton.

Was thinning the xhot driver again up there, got fed up grabbed the new cle line and went to work..legit legit legit

Dang you guys and being able to hit these irons! I NEED to get my hands on them ASAP!

Last minute was up in Dayton.

Was thinning the xhot driver again up there, got fed up grabbed the new cle line and went to work..legit legit legit

I need to take a trip up there.

I don't know how you're thinning that XHOT. That shaft seems quite long if anything.

Back