What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played Pro V1 today. Was able to do a lot with it given the condition. Honestly, anything off the face of my new Callaway Razr Black driver seems to be getting crushed. I was getting more roll out than anticipated with the Pro V1 on the greens today but the condition were horrible, raining standing water on the fairway, but the greens were a little faster than expected. Gonna play my next round with the Gamer V2 to see how they compare. Getting ready to try out the new Bridgestone tester ball whenever they ship them out!!!

Just got some gamer v2 from rock bottom golf about $40.00 for 3 dozen played last Friday shot an 83 a good ball at that price.

I tried the Bridgestone B330 RXS for the first time today.

The ball's performance, despite the barely thawed greens, was impressive. Even though a metal divot repair tool would just slightly penetrate I was still getting one hop stops.

It was 37 when the frost delay was lifted (28 overnight) and 42 at the end of the round. I am looking forward to temps returning to normal so I can see how this ball compares to my ZStar SL. First impressions, especially considering the conditions, were very favorable. Too bad they don't make them in yellow.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Played my old dunlop extremes saturday and came back in -1 i love the bridgestone e6 but i just cant seem to judge the putting with it at the moment,the sound i get from it is different to the dunlop and i think that throws me slightly,ill play the e6 this saturday in our stableford pairs comp as i get more distance from them...just means a bit longer on the practice putting i spose.

Bridgestone e6 is all that's in my bag at the moment (with the exception of the odd few balls fished out of ponds).

I've been playing the e6 since mid summer last year and found I got used to the ball really quickly. Made a huge difference on the tee when I wasn't hitting the ball quite so well, and having spent alot of time on my swing over the back end of last year I am finding things like distance off the tee and control round the greens is generally very good.

Few other balls out there at the moment that I would consider swapping the e6 for.

Up untill this last week I have been using bulk used balls as I thought befitted my game level. I happened on a box of Topflite Gamer V2's at wal mart and decided to give them a shot after all I had read about them and being unwilling to pay $40.00 plus for balls. Let me say just how suprised I was the first time I hit one. They turned my slice into a liveable fade, now I am not going to say I gained 20 or 30 yards off the tee as that would be total B.S. What I did gain was quite a bit more reliable ball flight I have to say this has opened my eyes on buying golf balls.

Previously used q-stars or e6s. Went down to Florida for a couple of holiday offseason rounds (NYC), so I purchased some misprint Duo's to cope with all the water my rusty swing would face. Ended up losing only two in five rounds. Love the feel of these. Similar performance to the higher priced Q and e6 but I felt I had far more control from about 40-in with these. I'll be starting off 2013 with the Duo in the bag.

Been playing the trusty E6 all weekend. Think I only missed 1 fairway in 36 holes.

Tried out the Titleist NXT Tour S last few rounds. It is OK, but the cover is too clicky for me.

I like to try out new ball models in the Winter. On Thursday I played the Taylormade Letal on the front 9, and the Callaway Hex Hot Pro on the back 9. These are very different balls, and I wasn't really trying to compare the two of them, just seeing if one might be a good fit for my game.

I LOVED the Lethal. Very soft, lots of distance, and plenty of spin. I had been warned by a couple of THP forum testers that I might see excessive side spin from the Lethal, but that was not a problem today. In fact, I saw less draw than usual. It was quite cold, and the fairways were soaking wet, but I still managed to hit 3 drives just over 250 with this ball (which is long for me, even with a little breeze to my back). Got very little roll out off of full shots into the greens, and I was pretty happy with short game performance. Shot 39 on the front, with 5 GIRs.

Callaway Hex Hot Pro was not for me. First, I didn't seem to get any extra distance out of it. I did hit one drive over 260, but it was downhill/downwind, and I actually expected it to be longer. Other drives with it were a bit disappointing. Its a very firm feeling ball, and I had 3 approach shots hit the middle of the green and roll off the back. I had 1 wedge shot on a par 5 land short of the green and roll up to the pin, so there was that. The ball actually performed very well in the short game, which was a little surprising to me, and had a good feel on putts.

For the back 9 I shot 38 with only 3 GIRs. I got up and down on the 3 holes where the ball rolled through the green, and had 1 sand save.

I will play a few full rounds with the Lethal. I might try the Hex Hot Pro again under better weather conditions to see if it provides any more distance.

Last year I put the B330RX into play based off an online fitting and an online chat. I was recommended both the B330RX and the B330S. The first ball I tried was the RX, and then never even gave the S a fair shake. I decided before playing this past weekend to give the online fitting tool another try. The number 1 recommendation for me this year was the B330S (only with a 33% fitting match though). Knowing I didn't give it a fair shot last year, I decided to test it out this year.

Let me tell you, I was very impressed with the ball. In 40* weather, I was hitting this ball quite long, and getting a good amount of spin around the greens (although spinning the ball really isn't my game). I was just very happy with how straight and long the ball was going - I really can't wait to get it out there in nicer weather. I also noticed a higher ballflight - but that could have a lot to do with the new RocketBladez in the bag...

All in all - I really need to give this ball a good 5 rounds or so before thinking of trying another model or going back to the RX. I want to compare this early years results to my performance last year with the RX to see which one is better suited for me.

A side note - I am very impressed with Bridgestone golf balls. Having originally come from Pro V1s 2 years ago, I am not even remotely interested in going away from BStone now. Completely happy - just a matter of getting the correct model in the bag I believe.

I played the RBZu and the new Q Star. Both balls are great off the tee, but I continue to prefer the RBZu around the greens.

Nike Crush. Was a gift from someone and figured I'd save it for the colder months. It's a rock, but performs well as a winter ball and lets me mostly keep my standard distances, in trade for some greenside spin. It's been a decent ball. I'm still on my second box for the winter, barely cracked it, even with my crap game of late.

2013 Bridgestone E7, loved the feel, distance, and ball flight, but it scuffed really easily.

Bridgestone e6. I don't want to hear people talk about how they can't control spin with this ball because for me it checked like crazy for 3 straight days on 3 different courses.

Bridgestone e6. I don't want to hear people talk about how they can't control spin with this ball because for me it checked like crazy for 3 straight days on 3 different courses.

That's cause you compress the ball better than me. :)

It was great until I got to green side chips within 25 yards.

Played the Q-Star and Z-Star yesterday. The Q is still the ball for me without a doubt, performed quite a bit better with less side spin off the tee and is just fantastic for me around the greens. Loving the 2013 model!

Even after reading plenty of good reviews, I was surprised at the Top Flite Gamer V2 I played this weekend. I bought 3-doz on a deal online ($1 a ball) and played both days this weekend. My impression is that they spin about the same as any mid level ball like a n e6 or DT Solo, etc. What I was really surprised by was the durability. I played all day Saturday with one ball, and after the round it looked in perfect shape after a quick rub down with a wet towel. On Sunday I started with another one, and sure enough, it was perfectly clean after 18 holes. It's not often I make it two straight rounds without losing a ball, but it sure seemed like a the V2 held up very well. If this keeps up, I'll keep playing them once I run out, as long as they're still around.

I played last season with the Taylormade penta TP balls pretty ace off the tee had decent control, looked up the bridgestone fitting online and have been suggested to use the B330 tour balls so will buy a sleeve and perhaps the e6s to reduce some of my side spin

Been playing the bridgestone E6's for a while and thought i liked them. I picked up a doz titlest DT SoLo's and i think i have found my new favorite ball!!! Maybe it was coincidence, but playing them side by side for 6 holes (slow day on the course and i was by myself), i was at 4 over with the dt's and 10 over with the e6's! Played the best 36 holes since i started about 6 months ago with the DT's!

Got a couple sleeves of NXT Tour S in a cyber Monday deal I bought from a local course and finally put them in play this weekend. I had a dozen of the first generation NXT's from a few years ago, and they were fine, I guess, but didn't really do anything for me. I definitely liked the Tour S. I got about the same distance I'm used to with my Q-Stars, didn't seem to spin any worse off the tee and I liked them OK putting. I think I enjoy the Q-Star more in the short game, around the greens. All in all, I was happy with them and will gladly continue playing the 4 I have left, but they're not going to replace the Q-Stars as the ball I actually spend money on.

I have played my last 4 rounds with the Srixon Z Star-XV. From 39 degree to 75 degrees, wet to dry and calm to 30 MPH winds...the XV has played extremely well. Distance has been really good off the tee and any iron shot into the green is stopping within 10 foot of where it hit.. (I'm not a high spin player).
Durability has been good as well with the only nicks coming from a cart path.
I think this and the Callaway Hex Chrome will now be my two go to balls for the season.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
i played the BStone Tour B330-S and i honestly didn't like it all that much. way too hard, hardly any spin. i played some prov1x practice balls, and loved them. need to find a place where i can buy some...

i played the BStone Tour B330-S and i honestly didn't like it all that much. way too hard, hardly any spin. i played some prov1x practice balls, and loved them. need to find a place where i can buy some...

Playing the e7 in the last 2 comps as part of the testing process, shot s 76 and mightily impressed, albeit on a soft shortened course.

Slightly worried about the 330-s OJ, that's where Bridgestone have suggested I go for my summer ball. Need to get a sleeve and try them for myself.

Played last two rounds with 2 2013 prov1x doesn't look like anything has been done to them. Might be taking some balls I just picked up back for 3 boxes and get the 4th free!

Found a Q-star on hole 17 and played it on 18 - Absolutely money, going to by a dozen and put them through the ringer.

Back