What are your 14 clubs?

Four - I have never been good with my hybrid and I'm having issues with my woods. I tee off with the four iron.

Impressive that you hit your 4-iron well enough to tee off with. Some of my playing partners can't hit any irons longer than a 5!

Sig. It's slightly misleading if you aren't familiar with these irons, though - the 6i is actually 26° so it's kind of more like carrying 5i-up even though the numbers on the soles start with 6.

Impressive that you hit your 4-iron well enough to tee off with. Some of my playing partners can't hit any irons longer than a 5!

I didn't say I hit it very far, but it goes straight.

I didn't say I hit it very far, but it goes straight.
Congrats Diane.That's a great club to have in your arsenal.Keep using it and hopefully soon you'll be tagging it far also.

Driver
3-wood
2-9 -iron
PW, low bounce
52* GW, medium bounce
56* SW, very high bounce (if I need the LW, I just open the face a ton)
Putter

See sig.

I have a big gap in distance between my 4 hybrid (200yds) and 5 iron (175), so I carry a 4 iron as well. I'd like to find a set of irons where the gap is smaller so I can add a gap wedge. Something like the TM Burner 09s or maybe the Adams A7s.

Driver
3 wood
3,4, & 5 hybrid
6-pw minus a 9 iron
niblick
52,56, 60 wedge
putter

JB, when did you go the three hybrid set? How is it working out? My ego is slowly allowing me to consider doing the same. I absolutely love my hybrids and the more I think about it, the more I become convinced my score would improve by replacing my 4 iron with a 5 hybrid.

Heck, the longest iron I carry is a 7. The hybrids go up to 7, but that seemed a tad ridiculous.

I'd been wondering why I carry a 22* 5 wood when my 3H is 23*, but right now that 5 wood is the only club in the bag working for me.

Anyone else wish you could start with your second shot?

Pretty soon it will be;

Driver
3 wood
16* hybrid
3-pw
52, 58
putter

I go like this:

Driver
3 wood
3-PW
54*
60*
Putter

I'm in need of a 17*-19* hybrid. The Adams A7 is leading the race right now.

I go like this:

Driver
3 wood
3-PW
54*
60*
Putter

I'm in need of a 17*-19* hybrid. The Adams A7 is leading the race right now.

907, that is how I started. I added a 19* hybrid. Then I hit that club so well, I replaced my 3 iron with a 22* hybrid. Now, I'm seriously considering replacing my 4 iron with a 25* hybrid.

I just saw the A7 hybrid. They look great. I'm sure you will be happy with it.

My setup is pretty traditional, with a couple substitutes:

Driver
3W
4W Utility (plays like a 5W)
3-4H
5-PW
54* Wedge
Putter

I'm still thinking I want to add in a 49-50* wedge to fill the big gap between my 45* PW and 54* Wedge. And probably swap out the 5i for a 5h since I don't hit the 5i very well.

907, that is how I started. I added a 19* hybrid. Then I hit that club so well, I replaced my 3 iron with a 22* hybrid. Now, I'm seriously considering replacing my 4 iron with a 25* hybrid.

I just saw the A7 hybrid. They look great. I'm sure you will be happy with it.

I used to play 3 and 4 hybrids, but I just recently switched back to the long irons and I'm very happy with the switch. But there's a big gap between my 3 wood and 3 iron, and have no need for 3 wedges outside the PW.

Driver, 3w, 2h, 9w, 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, pw, aw, sw, lw, putter

Back