The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you get to college, young grasshopper, you will see that things are different than you expected, or hoped, you will also notice that working and studying get really hard, most people overestimate their abilities and they end up failing, so have an open mind

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Just for living expenses (meal plan and room not included) how much would you say you need per week? I guesstimated 100 bucks. Then for fun, how much would you say you need, golf included?

As for studying, I'll figure it out one way or another. I have no idea how much study time I'll need till I get there. Right now I never study outside of school and I get all As.

THPing on Tapatalk

Just for living expenses (meal plan and room not included) how much would you say you need per week? I guesstimated 100 bucks. Then for fun, how much would you say you need, golf included?

As for studying, I'll figure it out one way or another. I have no idea how much study time I'll need till I get there. Right now I never study outside of school and I get all As.

THPing on Tapatalk

Depends on how much golf you play. I probably spend almost $80 a week here, and I got a fantastic deal on a golf membership.

Oh, and you'll study a lot more if you want good grades in college. I was the same way as you but college is hard.

THPing on Tapatalk

Honestly that mindset will have to change pretty fast, when you get to college, you will no longer be able to pass classes without studying, especially in the upper level courses. Unlike high school, professors don't care if you fail, they don't remind you about assignments, and they aren't very lenient on their exams, simply because they will not hold your hand through college, the public school system is ruining students by teaching them that they can half ass their way through high school and still pass, yet in college it is nothing like that. So either get used to studying hard now, or get used to disappointment later.

As far as money for the week, 100 should be more than enough, most universities with golf courses, have student specials. So you could buy a monthly membership, at my course I pay $90 a month for unlimited golf, I do this every once in a while

Depends on how much golf you play. I probably spend almost $80 a week here, and I got a fantastic deal on a golf membership.

Oh, and you'll study a lot more if you want good grades in college. I was the same way as you but college is hard.

Agree Agree. You have to be pretty dimwitted to struggle in high school. The amount of work you have to put in to do well in college is incomparable. I majored in chemical engineering and there's just nothing to equate it to at the HS level. I took all the AP classes in the world and they just don't compare. Depending on what you study, you will need to budget a good amount of time to coursework!

Please stop. This is hard for me as it is....

well before you go to your exam, make sure you have read all of your chapters, and practice as many practice problems as you can, go to all the help sessions and office hours you can, then you will understand it, and you will get a high grade

Just got home from work. Ugh what a day

Finally home after 13 hours at work. Had to take a detour just to get home due to some downed power lines. Amazed we have power, to be honest.

Finally home after 13 hours at work. Had to take a detour just to get home due to some downed power lines. Amazed we have power, to be honest.

that's crazy man, hope you're ok

We're good here. I am just wore completely slick. Today was just brutal in so many ways. I haven't had a day this effed up in quite a while. Just so glad to be home finally.

Did you have much business today?

I'm a little angry that Jeff just kind of stole my working a long day rant...

Did you have much business today?

Sold the crap out of generators, but no, foot traffic was light. I had a crap load of doors and windows come in, in addition to having all the call ins and other trucks hitting our docks.

I'm a little angry that Jeff just kind of stole my working a long day rant...

Buddy, believe me, there is probably enough to go around. Have at it.

Haha I'm just kidding Jeff. My day was long but probably nowhere near as hard as yours was.

Haha I'm just kidding Jeff. My day was long but probably nowhere near as hard as yours was.

The work wasn't that bad, to be honest. It just sucks to be the guy that has to bail out everyone else. I just need to learn how to say NO. Dolla, dolla bills.

You have to wear a tie tomorrow. So, your day will be worse, no matter what. I will wear a hoodie and say to Hell with it. HA.

Only one day of a week right now and that was yesterday, back to the grind today!

The work wasn't that bad, to be honest. It just sucks to be the guy that has to bail out everyone else. I just need to learn how to say NO. Dolla, dolla bills.

You have to wear a tie tomorrow. So, your day will be worse, no matter what. I will wear a hoodie and say to Hell with it. HA.

Actually I don't have to. We just decided it was shirt/tie day. I will probably regret it

Why does every fool I work with that brings their lunch feel the need to put their entire lunch box, cooler, brown bag, Walmart bag whatever they decide to bring lunch in feel the need to put the whole effing thing in the fridge? I don't want your dirty effing cooler sitting on top my salad container that I brought in my lunch box that is on top of the fridge because I have the decency to take my stuff out and put it in the fridge like a normal person. I don't want to have to dig around 7 effing coolers to find my lunch. Take your frozen lean watchers meal out of your lunch box and put it in the damn freezer. I'm going out on Friday and getting a bigger effing lunch box and putting it in the fridge. I'm going to be sure you fools have no room to put even a cheese stick on the a shelf.....

why do business owners think that your time isn't important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back