Callaway & THP - The Grandaddy of Em All

Good lord it must be a big deal....100 posts in 2 hours!!! Probably going to hit 2 million total sooner than anybody thought

Just getting home from the golf course and see a lot of excitement here. Now, if only I knew what was going on. Signs are pointing toward something epic.

I've read the term Grandaddy used for the Del Monte golf course in Monterey.
Callaway sponsors the Callaway Pebble Beach Invitational tournament.

putting two and two together -- maybe they're working on a west coast invitational tournament sponsored by Callaway? That would be awesome!

Get home from work and see this thread! Wow, can't even begin to guess what is happening next but can't wait to find out.

Appears so, great catch, I'll venture to say Vegas is going to be bigger then we could ever think of

I doubt it, Bridgestone is signed on as the sponsor for that isn't it?

I doubt it, Bridgestone is signed on as the sponsor for that isn't it?

It is. But why not have two companies against each other? I'm sure I'm way off but why can't the "championship" have two sponsors. I think it'd be good.

It is. But why not have two companies against each other? I'm sure I'm way off but why can't the "championship" have two sponsors. I think it'd be good.

Morgan cup second tour stop style? I could get into that...

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I don't see that kind of co sponsoring. It seems like one company could try and outdo the other even unintentionally and that's not what it's about.

Winners of all the Invitationals are flown to California by Callaway and put up against each other?

Winners of all the Invitationals are flown to California by Callaway and put up against each other?
Now that is quite the idea.

We won't get into specifics, but we can tell you that each Invitational in the 2013 series is sponsored by a single company.
The Las Vegas Championship is our final Invitational of the year.

I hope it's a best ball match

Just the prospect of this made me sit up straight in my chair.

We won't get into specifics, but we can tell you that each Invitational in the 2013 series is sponsored by a single company.
The Las Vegas Championship is our final Invitational of the year.

You just killed my theory. Back to the drawing board! :D

Not necessarily. If we consider an event for winners only to not be an invitational (i.e., you have to earn your spot) then JB's use of the term Invitational twice makes me think you might be on to something...

I would say that the winners from each invitational will be flown in with the company that sponsored their invitational and will represent that company in Vegas or something to that effect.

I don't think it did Cookie. Your guess is still pretty solid. I could see all the winning teams going out to Cali with the team of Hashtag Chad and Harry Arnett joining in the competition. That would be crazy.

I don't think it did Cookie. Your guess is still pretty solid. I could see all the winning teams going out to Cali with the team of Hashtag Chad and Harry Arnett joining in the competition. That would be crazy.

That would be absolutely insane.

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

Ummm....challenge accepted?

Looking forward to hear what you all have up your sleeves!

Sounds like a challenge was thrown down and THP accepted, I can't wait to see what happens in Callaway vs. THP!!!

Back