finally did it again

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
It was 6 years ago that I finally broke 90 and had number of rounds in the high 80's. Lowest was 86 on two ocassions. Since then I only golfed 5 or 6 times a year so my game went back to 100 give or take.

Last season I got out more again. 18 rounds which is alot for me due to time and money. Thats about how much I golfed when started hitting those upper eighties 6 yrs ago. However, this year (even though more golf) I just couldnt get there again and best was two 90's and two more at 91. Although happier with it, It has been very frustrating to not brake the 90 again. I though for sure I would of got back there.

So today I went out for a not so pleasant 41 degree, cloudy, and windy northeast round of golf. And I cant believe it but I finally did it again. After 6 yrs I broke the 90 and shot an 88. :D.

I did catch a small break because there were 3 balls that I hit off the fairway that would have been questionable to find in the summer time fescue that usually grows very tall in those areas. You probably normally lose it 6 or 7 out of 10 times so I could honestly say 2 of the 3 would probably not been found.
But to be fair so i dont feel so lucky about that I can also factor in that the course was set up from the back (blue tees) for todays winter golf. Normally of course we'd be up on the whites. Then include the winds and cold weather, I dont feel guilty at all.

So It is what it is and on a cold windy wintery kind of day from the back tee's at 7011 yards I shot an 88. Its not lower than my 86 but I am just so pleased and happy especially given the weather conditions and the long course set up and I wanted to share on finally doing something that has avoided me for 6 yrs. Patting myself on the back, I know but its a big relief to get it done and means alot to me. Thanks for listening.

Congratulations!

that's fantastic. it's nice when all of the parts of the game together well enough to deliver a nice score. Once you break a barrier, for some reason it's easier to do it again. I guess you just figure out what's working and keep doing it. :act-up: I'm still chasing the elusive sub-80 mark and hope to do it this season.

Wishing you many more sub-90 rounds.

That's awesome rollin, congrats!

Congrats and well done. Hope post #666 wasn't bad luck and you work your way down even lower this spring/ summer.

Congrats, great job!

Well done Rollin ..good shooting

Well done!

:clapp:, keep up the good work.

Congrats Rollin! Keep at it.

Congrats on the round!

Nice job! And the year is just getting started too.

that's fantastic. it's nice when all of the parts of the game together well enough to deliver a nice score. Once you break a barrier, for some reason it's easier to do it again. I guess you just figure out what's working and keep doing it. :act-up: I'm still chasing the elusive sub-80 mark and hope to do it this season.

Wishing you many more sub-90 rounds.

Thanks for the good wishes and same to you for that sub 80's score.

Congratulations rollin.

Congrats and well done. Hope post #666 wasn't bad luck and you work your way down even lower this spring/ summer.

Thanks and thats funny. Didnt even realize that. Maybe I should play the evil numbers on the pick three tomorow. lol

Well done, well done indeed! Nice job!

Love to hear stories like this one! Congrats!!

Way to go.

Congrats, well done.

WTG Rollin!

Congrats, man, that's awesome!!!

It sure does feel great reaching your goals!

Great round Rollin! That's getting the year off to the right sort of start.

Congrats Rollin !

Back