The Subaru thread

Got my second set of badges yesterday. I need to put them on the car!

Golf, breast cancer, wine and cooking. I'll get pics when I add them!

cool. i ordered 4 more aswell. pets, music/arts, outdoor sports, and rally.

finally put my badges on.

gripes_zps77a42b93.jpg

One of these days I will wash my car and get my new ones on too!

[video=youtube;c8kOeV56-kc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8kOeV56-kc[/video]

hey Smalls, that's a great commercial.

PS: would you mind changing the thread title to "Subaru Thread" or something of the sorts, as it's not really about the forum board i mentioned anymore.

Here's my 08 WRX

3a6ezury.jpg

Loving it so far...

Can I just say, I love Subarus. Awesome cars. Ive always been a big Toyota fan and obviously because I work for Honda, Im obligated to purchase Hondas from here on out but if I didnt, Id buy a Subaru without a second thought. I dont think I know anyone who has owned a Subaru and didnt absolutely love it.

[video=youtube;c8kOeV56-kc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8kOeV56-kc[/video]
I love, love, love this commercial. As a dog lover and especially as a Lab lover, I could watch that commercial every day and still love it.

I have a 2005 Subaru Baja and absolutely love it. 112,000 + miles and a going strong! I don't look forward to the day that I have to get rid of this car, so I am going to drive it for as long as I possibly can.

Love the badges idea!! Going to get mine tonight!

I am on there too but I do not post much, I more use it for research. I got a 2007 Legacy 2.5 Ltd, i am about to hit 97k miles. The car runs strong. My #1 issue is the brakes. I had them done around 48-50k miles and the rear ones are close to being worn down again. I drove mostly backroads to work for 27 miles each way. Very little stop & start. Only think I can think of is the calipers are sticking bad. Just sucks to replaces the rotors and pads twice before 100k miles!

I bought it used 4yrs ago with 21,400 miles. I am on the fence of keeping it and trying to see just how far I can go with it. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a motorcycle and having no car paymt next spring...hmmmmm :)

I am not an owner but my brother in law used to have an Impreza RB5 which was limited edition for European market. He sold it with a view to buying an Impreza P1 but but the insurance was too high.

Lovely cars though

I am not an owner but my brother in law used to have an Impreza RB5 which was limited edition for European market. He sold it with a view to buying an Impreza P1 but but the insurance was too high.

Lovely cars though
Is that like a WRX STi here in the states? I work with a guy who just got a WRX STi, he's 25 years old and the insurance premiums are crazy. Fun car and he loves it but he pays probably 4x what I pay to insure my Camry (2 very different cars, I know...).

Is that like a WRX STi here in the states? I work with a guy who just got a WRX STi, he's 25 years old and the insurance premiums are crazy. Fun car and he loves it but he pays probably 4x what I pay to insure my Camry (2 very different cars, I know...).
It's not only the car, but it depends on how old you are, your driving record and your credit that determines what you pay for insurance. Plus different companies charge different rates. I've also had people who only have state minimums wonder why it costs a bit more when I quote them what they should have, not what the state requires! Those are usually the ones with very poor insurance scores, which is why they only have the state minimum!

The RB5 was a limited edition model here in the UK (late 90's). Came stock from the factory with an ECU remap and exhaust system for 240BHP.

I loved my Impreza STI, but it was such a harsh car to drive that I could never properly enjoy it - certainly wasn't a day to day car lets put it that way.

Ended up parting ways with mine after only about 7 or 8 months because I had nothing but trouble with it from the word go :angry:

New addition to the family. Pretty excited about it.

DSC01424.jpg
DSC01425.jpg

Congrats, smith!

I drive a 2001 Subaru Legacy Blitzen sedan and it's AWESOME! I've owned it for 5 years and it's been almost faultless in the 50 000+ miles I've put on it. I would love to get a newer car but have yet to find a car as family friendly, well appointed and fun to drive as my Blitzen. That being said though I do have to say I drove an '08 VW R32 a week or 2 back and loved it. New cars here in New Zealand are stupidly unaffordable, hence most people own second hand cars.

Back