Callaway X-Hot Hybrid - THP Review

I'm really not a huge fan of the shape or the look of the sole on that club. I'm sure it will perform awesome, but I just don't think it's for me.

I like the look st address, but I don't know why I have never liked the soles of callaway hybrids

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Hawk I am really interested in this one buddy! I think the 16 degree is especially appealing as it's my 3 - wood type club. I just bookmarked this thread for follow up!

Definitely stacks up for distance. I wouldn't say that it's anything abnormally long, but it's on the upper end of what I'd expect.

Average carry with a Pro V1 was 192 yards, with my best shots right at 200 yards carry. That's a good number for me with a 4h.

Definitely stacks up for distance. I wouldn't say that it's anything abnormally long, but it's on the upper end of what I'd expect.

Average carry with a Pro V1 was 192 yards, with my best shots right at 200 yards carry. That's a good number for me with a 4h.

That's real solid distances man, some may say beastly

I've had the 3 & 4 hybrid in the bag for the past few weeks. Very easy to hit off the turf and it seems like the whole face is one giant sweet spot. The clubhead seems smaller than the RBZ so it takes some getting used to. I've gained 5-7 yds on the 3 hybrid compared to the RBZ. This has become my club off the tee on short par 4s. I've never been more confident with a hybrid / long iron before and that's huge for me!!

I am having such a hard time deciding on the 18 or 20 degree pro model. I really need to hit these outside! Hands down my favorite hybrid of 2013. Cleveland classic is the best looking hybo but this one feels too good to pass up! It ain't half bad looking itself either.

After listening to Harry on Callaway Talks about this club, adding how poor I think my hybrid game is, I'm really interested in these reviews!!!

Hit me with the goods Hawk!

I do remember you're not a huge hybrid fan, Nate. For what I'd consider a GI type hybrid, it's got a nice profile. It's a little deeper face to butt, but is fairly shallow, which I liked. From what I've heard, the Tour version is great too. The clubs looks great with the white shaft.

This is the biggest vacancy in my bag. I need to seriously look at Hybo power. I never carried one long term. I had one but its been relocated to another bag in the family.

This is the biggest vacancy in my bag. I need to seriously look at Hybo power. I never carried one long term. I had one but its been relocated to another bag in the family.

Same here, I'm so hot and cold with them, haven't gamed one in awhile but need one to fill gaps and need to try this one out

Hi, i recently bought a 16 degree xhot pro hybrid, normally i don't hit hybrids i always seem to have better control with long irons but recently wanted a hybrid to give me more distance off the tee and fairway to get closer on par 5s. I tried a few hybrids the rbz stage 2 and ping g25 but the lower lofted hybrids all in stiff flex and was never able to hit them well, either they went along the ground or way off to the right for me, i went to a callaway demo day and tried the hybrids and they only had them in stiff flex and every shot was high and long and straight even with the wrong flex shaft the ball was barely moving a few meters left or right, i bought the hybrid and after playing one round with the club ordered the 20 degree pro hybrid. One example from my first round with this club i was 200m out on the 18th at my course and managed to find the small green out of the rough and that one even with a really good drive is always a 3 shot hole to reach the green.

These hybrids are really easy to hit and the pro model is meant to be a little open and i don't have any trouble with keeping the ball straight with this club.

Just thought to share my experience with these hybrids since i am not one that likes to hit hybrids.

Thanks for the post, josh84. Glad to have the feedback.

I get frustrated with hybrids because it feels like all the forgiving ones are designed to go left, which was great when I tended to slice the ball, but I dont need the help anymore, and I trend to hook them. It sounds like the pro may be a great option.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

After having horrible experiences with the Edge Tours, anything that remotely resembles them at address will be shunned, and that's how I feel about these. I'll try them at demo day, but that look maybe too much to overcome.

After having horrible experiences with the Edge Tours, anything that remotely resembles them at address will be shunned, and that's how I feel about these. I'll try them at demo day, but that look maybe too much to overcome.

So the shape of the club was the reason for the bad experience? :D don't sleep on this club, it's very easy to hit and performs really well. The pro is even better.

So the shape of the club was the reason for the bad experience? :D don't sleep on this club, it's very easy to hit and performs really well. The pro is even better.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the 16 degree head looks like in person. I know the Cobra low lofted (16) hybrid is pretty small.

Now that looks like one mean little weapon.
I am looking for a little more height on my hybrid, so I am really interested in your thoughts.

I'm anxious to keep up with this thread. It sound likes this whole line up is getting rave reviews.

I hit them at PGA Superstore and really like them, and considering adding one or two to the bag. Much better trajectory and distance than the new Nike, and would be great choice for anyone that is trajectory challenged with the long and mid irons. Really like the sound of them as well, not a thuddy sound you get with some hybrids. More like the sound you get with metal woods. Hope to demo one outside soon.

I hit the at PGA Superstore and really like them, and considering adding one or two to the bag. Much better trajectory and distance than the new Nike, and would be great choice for anyone that is trajectory challenged with the long and mid irons. Really like the sound of them as well. Hope to demo one outside soon.

Did you hit the Pro model?

Did you hit the Pro model?

Did not hit the pro, just the standard one. These do seem to have a little offset, so if you do not like that the Pros may be more what you are looking for.

Did not hit the pro, just the standard one. These do seem to have a little offset, so if you do not like that the Pros may be more what you are looking for.

I want to hit the 16 or 18 degree to compare this hybrid to the Cobra amp cell in the same loft. I need to run up to the PGA super store but I'm scared too :bulgy-eyes:.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the 16 degree head looks like in person. I know the Cobra low lofted (16) hybrid is pretty small.

The top view of the hybrid is like non I have seen. Like a compact fuse that just hammers the ball.

The top view of the hybrid is like non I have seen. Like a compact fuse that just hammers the ball.

I like compact fuses that hammer the ball :golf2:

I love the RazrX hybrid, so I am quite interested in this one.

Back